Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland!

3 posters

Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty [RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland!

Post  Shriekersmom Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:17 am

Page 1

Asteria
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:06 Post subject: Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Reply with quote

Dear loyal subjects of Keswick and now Scotland,

I, Lady Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon, Dread Pirate Queen of all Scotland do hereby annex the town of Keswick to serve as my capital city for the time being.

Fear not my beloved citizens! I have served 7 consecutive terms on the Wiltshire Council and 6 consecutive terms as Mayor of Oxford so I know how to run a town and capital city! Together we shall build a successful capital city from which to serve as a base from which to rule Scotland as not all of Scotland has accepted my rule yet.

Citizens who are interested in helping out the effort can contact me directly for orders and, as always, I am open to answer questions or help anyone I can!

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in the face of this undoubtedly surprising turn of events. I understand the trepidation some of you might feel and wish to set you at ease that despite the word "Dread" in front of my name, I am actually a fun and friendly leader and have been the beloved leader of Asteria's Armada and Oxford for a long time!

Best regards,

Lady Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon
Dread Pirate Queen of All Scotland
Mayor of Keswick

Valerya
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:14 Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an RP, a joke, or a notice of revolt?

Vala Eiryan ferch Owain ap Rhys
Baroness of Aberystwyth ~ Lady of Land's End ~ Captain, Cumberland Mountaineers

Braizor
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:17 Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking out of the church over at his former office, Braizor notices a funny flag hanging at the town hall.

It's all three, Val.

A New Beginning

Valerya
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:19 Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

(Can't get back into the game yet from reset.)

Illynya
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:54 Post subject: Reply with quote

The tavern naming poll isn't complete yet..last time i checked that one wasn't on it.

Braizor
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:55 Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to be the queen.

A New Beginning

Jakobus
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 19:56 Post subject: Reply with quote

Chancing by the Town Hall, Jakobus notices a gravy stained parchment tacked to the front door covered in a half-literate scrawl and topped by a hastily-drawn portrait of a woman missing an eye and doubtless several other facial appurtenances. Bending closer to read the chicken-scratch he finds:

Quote:
Greetings, loyal subjects of Scotland!

"Hmm," he thinks, "poor wretch can't even read a map."

I am your new Queen! You may call me "Dread Pirate Queen Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon, Her Royal Highness Queen of all Scotland" or simply "Asteria" or "Ast" for short.

Thinking what an odd place Scotland must be that pox-ridden doxies crawl from its gutters to declare themselves queens, and that there will likely be no end of things this person will be called "for short" before her head ends up on a pike outside Carlisle, Jakobus continues on his way without bothering to read the rest of the overblown prattle, wondering how anyone could possibly hope to inspire 'dread' whilst wearing such a comical hat.

Marquis de Sade
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 20:16 Post subject: Reply with quote

Poking behind the corner, Marquis saw the Queen for the first time. The stories of her went on and on all over Scotland.. and hearing she is gonna make the capitol right here, he had to take opportunity

Your Grace, Lady Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon, Dread Pirate Queen of All Scotland, I could not be more happy that you decided to come in this part of Scotland to build a capitol.. and as opportunity arose, I am at your request in this town. Anything needs to can done, sorted out and helped with, I will do it.

Player Mask!

Asteria
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 20:27 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria sits down in her newly-renamed tavern "The Jewel of Scotland" and finds another grubby parchment a slab of uncooked pork had rested on in the kitchen. It would be nice to have nicer materials to write her flyers on, but Asteria isn't the picky sort and likes to work with things she has on hand. She picks up a piece of coal and starts to scrawl out another announcement the same as the one she had written before and placed on the Town Hall doors. She sticks out her tongue in concentration as she squints at her greasy paper, "What didst Father Ecthelion tell me an 'M' looked like again?" she mutters, trying to remember. After she finishes her letter, she smiles in pride looking at it and begins to draw another picture of a stick figure wearing an eye patch, sword in hand and an upturned stool with one of the legs attached to the stick figure's stump.

"Beautiful!" she smiles and rushes off to post this one outside the tavern, but bumps into Marquis de Sade. He speaks to her and Asteria smiles warmly. "Awww! Thank thee, my good cog! Wilt thou tell me thy name? I hath not met thee before! Wouldst thou be interested in helping me build this glorious town into a true capital city? We canst us thy help on our Town Administration!"

Last edited by Asteria on 05 May 2008 21:19; edited 1 time in total

Algernon
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 20:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

Peoples of Cumbria, Peoples of Galloway,
Peoples of England and throughout the land,

Tremendously disturbed is the Prince this day to learn of an attack on Keswick in County Cumberland. Petitioned have we now been for the liberation of this town of Keswickfrom one who would annex it for the Kingdom of Alba.

The self-proclaimed 'Dread Pirate Queen,' one Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon, who pretends to be the Kingdom of Alba's Queen, engaged in this travesty, we know, without neither the consent of Alba nor her three Duchies.

We therefore call on those forces to the north that can not timely participate in the liberation of County Cornwall from the Wolves to yet attend and now mobilize to liberate Keswick and present us the Dread Pirate Queen's head.

His Royal Highness has need of her head. We have very few candle holders within our Castle yet, and remain of the belief that her skull would so serve as such an ornament quite nicely. We shall pay handsomely for this head's acquisition

We call also for those who joined her for this revolt also to be slain, and have an understanding that this criminal force known as the Reavers hopes for the Town of Keswick to serve a base of operations for raids into the Kingdom of Alba.

Knowing well of the threat this criminal organization continues to County Galloway pose, and of how the self-proclaimed Dread Pirate Queen has enjoined the Reavers including the well known thieves Launcelot and Dry to assault Dumfries -

The reigning Prince Regent of England now petitions His Grace, the Duke Jefferson Forbes to please honor the pact of friendship and mutual defence between our two lands, that we might each finally be rid of the criminal stain at our borders:

Entente of Goodwill and Mutual Defense

Let it be known by this document that the Kingdom of England hereby declares a bond of friendship and mutual respect with the Kingdom of Scotland. By the signature of this treaty, the Lords shall respect all the articles below and shall maintain their good relationship.

I. Cultural Harmony

1. Language
Each country party to this treaty will provide a competent ambassador, enjoying the trust of the appointed leadership so that s/he can be certain that all exchanges will be kept strictly confidential.

2. The People
The appointed leadership of the signed parties hereby vow to promote exchanges of culture.

II. Political Harmony

1. Embassies
Access to the embassy will be restricted to the appointed leadership currently in place, as well as appropriate members of their ambassadorial staff. Ambassadors will have the power to translate messages in a direct fashion.

2. Dialogue - Talks
At least once every three weeks, the appointed leadership and/or their representatives will meet inside the embassy in order to discuss their policies, that of their neighbors and any subject placed on the meeting’s agenda by any one of them.

III. Military

1. Engagement
In case of an offensive war started by one of the signatories and deemed justified by the other signatory, the signatory may give material support primarily, and secondarily its support in terms of men. If the signatory doesn't deem the offensive war as being justified, then no support is owed.

2. Defense
In case of defensive war, the signatories will have to give their support in terms of men and material so that a common military victory can be achieved.

IV. Equitable Sovereignty
This treaty supersedes any existing or future defense or alliance treaties with any counties within the Kingdom of England.

It is agreed that the present treaty binds the countries signing it, without any validity limit. With exception that at the end of each election, the new appointed leadership can, within a period not to exceed 10 days, choose to end the alliance with no repercussions. If the treaty is not contested within the period of 10 days following the installation of a new government, the treaty is to be held intact and valid until such time as a new election is held.

For Scotland
Hypno, Duke of Galloway, chief of Macgillivray clan.

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Galloway-sealgreen1

For England
HRH Prince Algernon Uain O'Rourke de Hanley

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Regentgreen

By claiming annexation, the 'Dread Pirate Queen', one Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon, who wars against the Kingdom of Alba now by daring a claim to the Crown of Alba that is not hers and is not deserved, also wars on England.

This woman, a traitor to two nations, and whose head the Prince demands as a Castle ornament adorned by the bones of her rebel allies, now knows attainder by the will of the Throne. She be the Viscountess of Oxford no more, but a corpse.

Very Sincerely Yours,

Asteria
PostPosted: 05 May 2008 22:37 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Sitting in her new mayor's office and already feeling very guilty for her actions after finding out her sister the Countess of Cumberland was so upset with her, Asteria reads a copy of the letter Prince Algernon is circulating. She furrows her brow reading it, confused as to why he is claiming she wants to be queen of a country she had never even heard of before.

"I suppose they say when messages art passed from one to the next details become distorted, but how didst 'Scotland' become 'Alba'?" she mutters in confusion.

Still reading Asteria gets the the part about the skull candle holder and her face blanches. "Mayhaps I shouldst hath asked Algy to be a pirate for his fascination with bones... Perhaps offering that now and saying I am sorry wouldst help?" she wonders.

Braizor
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 00:06 Post subject: Reply with quote

Braizor reads the regent's proclamation and begins to prepare the death rites for the pirate.

A New Beginning

Miggy
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 00:13 Post subject: Reply with quote

As Miggy makes his daily routine through Keswick, he notices the notices, new laws and new government.

He stops in his tracks, and hurries home. He picks up his trusted weapons, and hurries up to the town hall.

For Keswick! For Cumberland! For England!He shouts, as he starts breaking into the town hall.

Cruzincat
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 00:40 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arriving in her office Lady Cat quickly pens a letter to her former friend Asteria then seals it with the county stamp and hands it to a messenger to deliver to her post haste.

Lady Asteria Sennall-Morgan-Leon,

I want to make this official that I want you to leave this town and leave this county never to return.

I am NOT your sister and never have been. You are a Morgan. Tho we have been close friends up until now, you have given me great doubts of your friendship. I can no longer trust you. You stabbed me in the back tonight and sat there and laughed while doing it.

Now give us back our town that you illegally took and get out of our county!!

Very sincerely,

Lady CruzinCat MacBratney-Degas
Duchess of Cumberland

Marquis de Sade
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 01:12 Post subject: Reply with quote

Spending some time on the streets Marquis could see postmen were busy cirrculating different letters.. Eh, busy day it will be for officials and nobles. Non the less, smoking a Portugese finest cigarette in the local Scottish tavern in the newest Scottish town.. Marquis started having a enlightment as he usually does..

Hmm.. why would our Queen give anything to you? Smile
Come and take it.

Walking out of the tavern on the beautiful wheater as it is today, the mood on the streets was little.. but Marquis is a clean guy, he came on the main square in front of town hall and paid for his boots to be cleaned. The few people passing would give a strange look to a single guy with a stick which he imagined was a sword shouting in front and threatining to attack the town hall. Leaving a pound to a shoe cleaner, Marquis steps up

Aye, Miggy.. whats the shouting for? Get your ass out of here.. or I will. Queen is here, behave!

Looking all serious and made up, Marquis placed a hand on his sword with one hand.. while holding a hat with another, to give a grasp of his seriousness..

Player Mask!

Last edited by Shriekersmom on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Shriekersmom
Admin

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty Page 2

Post  Shriekersmom Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:18 am

Charlotte1
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 01:49 Post subject: Reply with quote

charlotte work up this morning and saw that this travesty had taken place, she immediately joined the revolt agaisnt asteria.
"we can allow that fraud to rule any longer!

Last edited by Charlotte1 on 06 May 2008 01:52; edited 1 time in total

---fromENBraizor
Blinden-Mod
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 01:51 Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... can't dear. Can't.

Braizor winks at Charlotte and grins.

And we don't intend to.

Prut
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 03:16 Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what it was she DID edit Wink

Asteria
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 03:44 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria pushes aside the letter from Countess Cruzincat, not wanting to read it again and feeling very depressed. All of the sudden she hears banging on the Town Hall doors and looks down in surprise to see a single man trying to storm the building.

"Eh? What is this? Doth he think he canst take the town by his lonesome? And with the Dread Pirate Queen herself inside it? Bah!" she laughs.

As Asteria continues watching him, another woman soon joins, apparently attempting to stop the man and shouting "we can allow that fraud to rule any longer!"

A smile spreads on the Dread Pirate Queen's lips as she hears her words, but is quickly replaced by a look of confusion. "Why is that daft girl calling me a 'fraud' if she wishes to allow me my rule?"

Charlotte1
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 04:06 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Know this ateria, by dawn tomorrow this town will once gain be under lawful rule and you will be standing trial for what you have done, enjoy your time in the sun while it lasts![/b]

Aristide
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 05:23 Post subject: Reply with quote

Asteria you know your last days...

Erestin
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 09:15 Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have known better after last night....

That will teach me to be trusting of visitors in are town!!!

Your time in Keswick is numbered scum!

Dry
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 12:12 Post subject: Reply with quote

Algernon wrote:Knowing well of the threat this criminal organization continues to County Galloway pose, and of how the self-proclaimed Dread Pirate Queen has enjoined the Reavers including the well known thieves Launcelot and Dry to assault Dumfries -

I never was in Dumfries in my life. Nor am I a member of Reavers. Besides I dont think you can say whats right and whats not, being wos member yourself thanks Wink

Sincerely Dry the thief.

---fromENAlgernon
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 12:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prince, alas, could not hear the words of the sorcerously reanimated corpse however powerful any dark craft that might project wind through rotting vocal chords. For His Royal Highness was at his home, in Hampton Court.

Dry
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 13:09 Post subject: Reply with quote

Algernon wrote:The Prince, alas, could not hear the words of the sorcerously reanimated corpse however powerful any dark craft that might project wind through rotting vocal chords. For His Royal Highness was at his home, in Hampton Court.

Dark craft ? You're calling Jah the dark god ? Jah gave me all chances to come back. Not surprising though, as you're worshiping some false god at wos Smile

Nedefaron
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 13:57 Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedefaron sits back for now, and watches as one lad out of his right eye continues to shout to the air some rubbish about Jah and false gods and the Wolves of Sherwood. Alas, it seems every criminal mind about these days is a little insane... Nedefaron often wondered why he wasn't among them. Sighing, he got up and began his walk to the Disillusionment Cafe... He had a spare sword there, seemed like he might need it.

Dry
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 14:29 Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedefaron wrote:Nedefaron sits back for now, and watches as one lad out of his right eye continues to shout to the air some rubbish about Jah and false gods and the Wolves of Sherwood. Alas, it seems every criminal mind about these days is a little insane... Nedefaron often wondered why he wasn't among them. Sighing, he got up and began his walk to the Disillusionment Cafe... He had a spare sword there, seemed like he might need it.

WhiteSnow is amazed "What can simple peasant know about wos and things like that"

Erestin
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 14:42 Post subject: Reply with quote

Erestin enters the area looking for more weapons for the Keswickians he found on the outskirts of town when he heard one of the brigands shouting random things

Hey Boss, whats going on? Did one of them finally snap because he realized it will soon all be over and Asteria will be facing the Judge?

Erestin begins imagining what he would like seen done to Asteria for her crimes

A quick message to Asteria-
Youve made some bold decisions since we last chatted.
You will lose! You will face trial! And you will be in Keswickian shackles when your arrested! Ive got a pair ready for you with your name carved right on them!!

If you should somehow manage to get away from all of this! You better NEVER show your disgusting face in Keswick again!

Prut
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 14:48 Post subject: Reply with quote

Erestin..chill..even when in a RP

Erestin
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 15:08 Post subject: Reply with quote

Prut wrote:Erestin..chill..even when in a RP

Prut bear in mind....I do rather like Asteria. I was speaking with her for a good bit last night. And compared with some of the things that HAVE been said about her, Ive been one of the nicer Keswickians!

Not to mention the fact that one cannot always take what they read seriously!

Shriekersmom
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty Page 3

Post  Shriekersmom Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 am

Prut
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 15:11 Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, she is very likeable..and please keep that in mind before you say anything about her like you did in your previous post.

Nedefaron
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 15:46 Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteSnow wrote:

Nedefaron wrote:
Nedefaron sits back for now, and watches as one lad out of his right eye continues to shout to the air some rubbish about Jah and false gods and the Wolves of Sherwood. Alas, it seems every criminal mind about these days is a little insane... Nedefaron often wondered why he wasn't among them. Sighing, he got up and began his walk to the Disillusionment Cafe... He had a spare sword there, seemed like he might need it.

WhiteSnow is amazed "What can simple peasant know about wos and things like that"

Nedefaron sees the same fellow and for a moment thought he was looking at him... He could here him talk about WoS and peasants as well. Truly insane. Nedefaron almost thought the fellow had read his mind, but even that didn't fit... How odd. He didn't think walking around was a particular attention-grabber, then again, anyone was at risk for suspicion these days. No matter...

Wink

Shanor
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 16:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

On her visit to the market, Shanor hears news of the events in Keswick. When she hears the travelers speak the name Asteria, her heart drops. Walking to the Mayors office to seek official word, she hopes against hope that a mistake has been made, possibly a name misspoken. But the Mayor's announcement confirmed her fears.

"Come along, Gertrude" she says to the cat circling her feet, "I need to sit down and think for a spell."

Entering the darkness of the tavern, she orders ale and bread then heads for quiet corner where she can be alone with her thoughts. Idly watching while Gertrude curls up by the fireplace, her thoughts returned to long ago Oxford. How many nights had she spent in the tavern with Asteria and Cat in the seemingly deserted town...it seemed a lifetime ago.

Asteria had done wonders as Mayor of Oxford. She worked tirelessly to make sure the struggling little town had everything needed to allow its native citizens the chance to level and the town become self-suffienct.

Through time and distance, they had grown apart, her not seeing Ast except for the occasional chance meeting. In her travels throughout the kingdom, Shanor had heard rumors of Asteria's pirate ways but always dismissed them, thinking they were just a diversion that the lively Ast used to spice up her life a bit. It never occurred to her that Asteria would take things this far.

With tears threatening to escape her weathered eyes, Shanor pens a letter:

Quote:
My dearest friend Asteria,

It pains me this day to see the direction that life has taken you. It is not the future I envisioned for you and I weep for the accomplishments lost. I am sure you are aware that I cannot support you and that as a citizen of Cumberland I must do what is right for my county.

I write today so that there will be no misunderstanding between us. Although I love you like a daughter, should we meet outside the Keswick Town Hall, know that you will have to kill me to stop me from taking back the town. You would do the same in my place.

These bones may be old but my eyes remain keen and my sword still swift. My only promise to you is that if I meet Lancelot, I will try not to scar that handsome face. Wink

As Always,
Shanor

Finishing her ale, Shanor rouses Gertrude from her slumber, composes herself and walks out into the sun. Finding a a messenger, she hands off her letter and starts toward home. She stops a moment to reach down and stroke her feline companion then continues on her way.

"Let us not dally, Gertrude, we have preparation to make. I'm getting too old for this nonsense..."

{stoat}
Head Censor

PostPosted: 06 May 2008 18:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoat growls....

Keep it clean. I'm not locking this one. But i'll be making notes

Asteria
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 18:53 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

The Dread Pirate Queen sits up in the Town Hall tower by herself listening to the shouts of the enraged townsfolk below even as her own men stand in the market place in the disguise of regular pesants and wait for Asteria to send a man with money from the Town Hall to buy their insanely expensive goods at a huge profit to themselves as reward for aiding the Dread Pirate Queen in her goals of conquest.

Asteria stares down at a chest filled with gold, more gold than even the pirate monarch had ever seen at one time in all her life. Her emerald eyes do not glitter with greed, however, but instead sparkle with moisture as tears begin flowing down her cheeks in response to her terrible predicament. Asteria had always hated selfishness and greed at the expense of others and had been taught by kindly Father Gerard and Father Ecthelion from a young age that stealing was a great sin. This truth had always existed within the young woman's mind, but somehow she had lost sight of all that in recent days.

The famous group Asteria's Armada had started in jest with the "pirate" group's foremost goal having once been to patrol Dorchester lake for French galleys and defend the small fishing village and its fishing boats from the threat of the French at all costs. Many a day Asteria had donned her pirate garb and boldly shoved her rowboat "flagship" the Leaky Wench into the lake's clear waters and boldly rowed up to one of her friends out fishing on the lake. She greeting them as she let loose her own line and jokingly vowed to defend them from the French invaders as they both chatted and enjoyed the weather for a few hours.

Asteria always loved spreading her fame as the self-proclaimed Dread Pirate Queen of Asteria's Armada and once enjoyed a period of renown where she was greeted with cheers and offers of ale in every town she stopped in to deliver needed goods. People Asteria had never met would rush up to her in the street eager to meet the so-called "Dread" Pirate Queen, but time had passed and what had been intended to be another jest had turned into a frighteningly real desire to rule Scotland. An innocent enough idea that suddenly led to Asteria sitting, too depressed to move, in the captured Keswick Town Hall.

She is drawn back to reality as a man delivers a letter to her. Fearing it is another death threat, but too depressed to care either way, Asteria opens it only to find it from her old friend Shanor. Tears burst from Asteria’s eyes and she sobs reading the opening line and remembering the life of service she has betrayed all in the efforts of a single day. She remains sobbing for a long while until just before one of her men comes up into the tower and asks Asteria for the Town Hall money to start buying the goods. She stands up and fixes him with a deathly glare. “Thou wilt not touch this money. It doth belong to the people of Keswick.” The man looks at her in astonishment, finally noticing the tears on her face.

“Instead, take this and buy what thou canst.” She reaches a hand down and removes her sizable purse containing approximately 900 pounds and tosses it to him. “When thou hast purchased what thou canst return and I shalt buy the goods with the Town Hall funds.”

He backs away, clearly unhappy, but too afraid to challenge her word and returns almost a half hour later bearing several fish, wood bushels, buckets and knives. Asteria looks at each item and sets a price for it. “The Town Hall wilt by these from me for the following prices. Fish, 18 pounds. Buckets, 30 pounds. Knives, 10 pounds. Wood bushels, 3 pounds.”

She counts out the money and asks him to buy more goods with it. As he goes to do so, Asteria pens an apology letter to be left in the Town Hall and vows to stay and resell these goods she will acquire to the town at another set of bargain prices.

Illynya
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:05 Post subject: Reply with quote

The mob rushes at the Town hall at the signal from the captain. Pitchforks are waving everywhere and a lot of screaming and confusion. Seeing a break in the line of defenders, Illynya rushes through and throws her shoulder against the door, finding it open surprisingly easily.

"I'm In!" She shouts and rushes through the halls, searching for the office of the rogue mayor as more of the mob bursts in behind her. She hears cries of "secure the goods!" as she finally finds the door with Anarya's name hastily covered in scrawled parchment:
Quote:
Office of the Dread Pirate Queen of Scotland - enter at your own risk!

Banging on the door, she screeches her discontent.

"Asteria Bertha Sennall-Morgan-Leon! Open this door NOW! When I get through with you, you'll be Dread Pirate Queen of the stocks!"

Asteria
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:18 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria hears the crash as the mob gains entrance to the Town Hall. She remains slumped in her chair too depressed to care and simply wonders if they will kill her now and ship her head to Algernon or drag her outside so they can beat her, publicly execute her and then ship her skull to Algernon. Her stomach knots as the sounds of boots rushing up stairs is heard in her hallway and then suddenly a familiar voice.

"Asteria Bertha Sennall-Morgan-Leon! Open this door NOW! When I get through with you, you'll be Dread Pirate Queen of the stocks!"

The pirate monarch looks up towards the door and frowns, not even wanting to see Illynya. "I'm not opening the door, Illynya. I'm too sad." she yells back and rests her pouting chin on her fists as she hunches forward even more.

Charlotte1
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:23 Post subject: Reply with quote

finally the mayor ahs been overthrown! charlotte joined the celebrations!
"Finally this town is back in rightful hands, things can finally return to normal around here!"

Illynya
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:25 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Too sad! Well, too bad," she screams back. "I only got three hours sleep last night, and I'm cranky!"

She throws her shoulder against this much harder door and grimaces as the pain reverberates down her arm. Then she tries the doorknob and finds it unlocked. Slightly embarrassed, she steps into the room, ready for a throw down.

"Okay." She says, much more calmly. "Enough pouting, you made your own bed...Lets get this over with."

Valerya
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

Vala attacks the Town Hall at an adjacent wall from Illynya and Nedefaron, with a crowd of townsfolk and peasants at her back. She does not wish to cause more damage to the building than needs be, so she grabs a thick utility knife from her boot and begins to pry at the shuttered window. But clearly, the angered mob has no patience for such niceties -- a rock larger than her fist sails past her head close enough to riffle her hair, and the shutter and the window behind it suddenly lay in shattered ruins. Vala has no choice but to thrust herself into the breach, or else be trampled.

From around the corner of the building, she hears a crash; both portions of the militia and mob enter the ground floor at the same time...Vala races up the stairs behind the officers, sword at the ready.

Asteria
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:38 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria gets up, suddenly insulted her own cousin was being so mean to her and sneers, "Doth thou thinketh thou canst take me?"

She looks to the table to her left and spies the fine plate of boiled lobster mayors were delivered daily, but which Asteria had not the appetite to eat. Asteria grabs the crustacean by the tail and points it menacingly at Illynya, it's clawed arms drooping slightly downward.

"Thou art unarmed, I see! Where for art thy trusty staff?" she suddenly lunges for Illynya, swinging the lobster horizontally before her at about chest level.

Illynya
PostPosted: 06 May 2008 19:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

Illynya leaps back out of reach of the pointy crustacean.
"Oh, suddenly full of energy are you?"
She grabs a roll of french bread from the table and uses it to parry the claws.

They dance around for a bit, lunging and parrying until a particularly hard smack with the lobster rips her bread in half. Throwing the end at Asteria's good eye, she ducks under a wild swing and rolls across the floor, this time arming herself with a fork.

"Aha! I have a fork!" She declares, swinging it at Asteria's back. Unfortunately, the Pirate Queen's long strawberry blonde hair entangles the fork and rips it from her grasp.

Tackling her to the floor, she yanks at the utensil, trying to prise it free.

Valerya
Posts: 132PostPosted: 06 May 2008 20:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

Vala reaches the door of the office and watches in shocked surprise at the women fighting with their odd weapons. There seems to be something more to the grudge between these two than mere politics, she thinks. They seem, to her eyes, to be unwilling to use deadly force upon one another.

Round and round...Waiting until she perceives an opening, Vala transfers her sword to her left hand and reaches for the staff strapped across her back. "Illynya!" she calls, and lobs the staff crossways toward her fellow Mountaineer.

Asteria

PostPosted: 06 May 2008 20:05 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
Asteria hits the ground with a huff and the lobster goes sliding across the floor as she shrieks having her hair yanked. "AAAAAH! Illynya, thou motley strumpet!" she growls and twists around backward to grasp and tug on a fist full of Illynya's hair.

Gritting her teeth as Illynya's pull become stronger in response to Asteria's, the Dread Pirate Queen blinks crumbs out of her eyelashes and grunts. Asteria suddenly gets a wicked idea and speaks with pained gasps, "Doth ugh! th-OW! Rem-eh!-mber thy cr-uh!-sh Mario the Ih!-talian merchant?" she growls and squeezes Illynya's arm. "He doth fancy me more than thou! He didst tell me I hath beautiful eyes like 'silver'!"

Asteria smirks through a grimace as another woman suddenly throws a staff towards Illynya, calling her name.

Last edited by Asteria on 06 May 2008 20:08; edited 1 time in total

{stoat}
Head Censor

PostPosted: 06 May 2008 20:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

Small note Laughing Strumpet. Oh thats awesome. I'm sorry I need a laugh and you've made my day with that one.

Stoat

Shriekersmom
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty Page 4

Post  Lerendus Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 am

Asteria
PostPosted: 07 May 2008 04:09 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

(OOC: Ha! Thanks Stoat Very Happy Glad you liked it Smile )

Elson88
PostPosted: 07 May 2008 04:17 Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation to the people of Keswick.

Illynya
PostPosted: 07 May 2008 04:19 Post subject: Reply with quote

"How dare you, you....little...ugh..ow, my hair!"

They grapple for a few minutes. Illynya's fury feeding her strength.

"You lie, you frothy flap-mouthed bladder! He said MY eyes shine like silver, and oh.." She suddenly remembered what they were fighting about as Valerya called her name. Seeing the projectile, she reached out one hand to grab it, but it bounces off her thumb and bonks Asteria on the head. She slumps to the ground, dazed.

"Oh, hey, thanks, Val."

((OOC: We all need a good laugh about now I think))

Asteria
PostPosted: 07 May 2008 04:35 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria picks her face off the floor and shakes her head as she rubs the back of her skull. She looks up to Illynya standing with the staff ready in hand and frowns.

"Alright. I surrender." Asteria slowly gets back up and raises her hands in front of her in an attempt to both appear harmless and be ready to deflect a possible in coming swing from the staff. She looks briefly over her shoulder and gives the other woman a dirty look.

"I wilt yield Keswick to thee. Thou hath beaten me fair and square, Illynya." she says with a frown before adding, "But you didst not hath to call me a 'frothy flap-mouthed bladder.' That wast just hurtful..."

Illynya
PostPosted: 07 May 2008 05:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

Illynya sighed in relief, then straightened to make it seem as though she'd intended to knock Asteria down.

"I'm sorry, it was in the heat of the moment", she frowned, still thinking about the strumpet comment. "Nevermind, you've been very naughty and you'll have to stand trial now."

Seizing Asteria by the ear, she drags her back through the corridor and out to the waiting mob of people.

"The Town Hall has been liberated!" She cried to the cheers of the crowd. A moment later, cheers turned to bellows of "Get her!", "The pirate wench!" and various unrepeatable insults.

Hustling Asteria to the town square, she placed her in the stocks and set the militia to guard her.
"No one comes near her until it's time for her trial. Tomatoes are okay, but make sure the cabbage is soft and absolutely no carrots." She said, somewhat sadly "She's only got the one good eye." With a final glance, she headed off to change the sign on the Town Hall Tavern and have a few mugs of medicinal ale, before beginning the long, long night of paperwork.

---fromENAlgernon
PostPosted: 07 May 2008 08:31 Post subject: Reply with quote

His Royal Highness, the Prince, sighed as he heard the news. With watering eyes he wept the loss of his coveted candle holder. 'How sad, alas,' said he to Tigernan, his man at arms, 'that we shan't have that skull as an ornament.'

Peoples of England, and Peoples of Cumbria,

However we lament the loss of unusual ornaments, we are pleased to report the liberation of Keswick in County Cumbria. This so noted, we must extend to the criminally mad Dread Pirate Queen our gratitude for the kindness she did extend Keswick as a parting gift. Although relieved of her peerage, she has earned from the Prince a begrudging respect. We pray for vigilance in guarding our border towns, however, yet, and urge leniency regarding Dame Asteria's sentence.

Very Sincerely Yours,

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Regentyellow

Charlotte1
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 00:23 Post subject: Reply with quote
Prut wrote:

OOC: about me editing that earlier post, it was jsut some spelling mistakes, nothing important.

Prut
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 00:50 Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlotte wrote:
Prut wrote:
OOC: about me editing that earlier post, it was jsut some spelling mistakes, nothing important.

We know Smile

Whenever you are ready to quit WoS, join us!

Sorry Charlotte, I just had to repeat that lame joke one more time Wink

Oh yes..I'm in Keswick..careful..peepz,before you jump on her with false accusations: Charlotte is NOT WoS nor has she ever been and she is not likely to ever be one too. I was making a joke Twisted Evil

---fromENBraxton_Taylor
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 13:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

08-05-2008 04:22 : A revolt attempt took place in front of the town hall, and you helped subdue it.
07-05-2008 04:22 : Your revolt was a great success! You were part of a wild bunch against a few demoralized soldiers.

Braxton raises his shaft in triumph as the Pirate Queen is brought forth. Actually he feels a bit out of place as everyone else seems to have a pitchfork today.

Hearing Illynya's announcement about vegetables he rushes to the market to try and buy some. He soon finds himself in an argument with a merchant.

"13.10 for rotten tomatos?? That's more expensive than the edible ones! You're just trying to take advantage of the situation."

Elmix
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 15:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding by side of his County Commander the heavy cavalary division of Knights of Phoenix rode to Keswick.

When they were close , they saw some of them already fleeing from town. Among them Elmix noticed one of their leaders - Launcelot, who did leave the town in a hurry.

What a great leader He thougt, Leaving the lost town first!Or....maybe has something in mind?

The Heavy cavalary had no time to stop and hunt them down, every minute couted, so they rode to Keswick as fast as possible.

Arriving at town they did rode straight to town hall hoping all not yet over. When they arrived there, it looked like that the town has been retaken.

The town hall seemed to be guarded well, so they did turned their horses and set off to hunt those who were fleeing.

The heavy cavalary division left the Keswick town....

Prut
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 15:40 Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone who plants a foot outside the town considered to be "fleeing" scratch

Hate to destroy one of KoP's favourite fantasies but people just carry on with their own agenda's without bothering about KoP Cool

Idaho
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 16:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

Grins.. Well considering that their feet didn't step outside the town until after the TH was taken back, Prut.....I'd say they were fleeing. Not from the KoP...but fleeing all the same. Very Happy

Drake_roanoake
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 18:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for those who stayed - they're all "lurking", I suppose. Rolling Eyes

Newsflash - Not all who arrived in town recently stormed the Town Hall, nor were they all league with those who did. And, similarly, not all who left town immediately after were involved either. Nor does Scotland have any monopoly on the criminal mindset.

I was accused by some faceless droog of attacking Lancaster - I've never been to Lancaster. (And, to be honest, tho' a Scot, I recognize that Lancaster is bigger than me, and that I probably couldn't take 'er but 1 fall in 10.)

The joke was funny the first time - now, it's just getting old. Really. Find the criminals, apply the Law as it is written - but put the broad paint brushes back where you found them, before you get paint over all your townsfolk as well.

(Hmmm, now that I mention it - funny - no one ever suggested even a remote possibility of an inside source. Wonder how the Reavers chose Kes in the first place, that it would be an easy target. Hmmm... nahhhhh.) Razz

Illynya
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 18:22 Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see everyone stop pointing fingers now. This thread seems to have served its purpose and is heading back down the path our furry friends told us to keep off of.

{stoat}
Head Censor
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 18:28 Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a lock would be appropriate? Unless you think theres anything positive still to be debated here?

Last edited by Lerendus on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Lerendus
Lerendus
Admin

Number of posts : 223

https://themorganfamily.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty Page 5

Post  Shriekersmom Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 am

Illynya
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 10:40 Post subject: Reply with quote

As it was an RP thread originally, and people have already been screaming at and accusing each other of naughty things in other threads, I doubt anything useful can be debated here. I will leave it in your capable paws to discern, however. Very Happy

{stoat}
Head Censor

PostPosted: 08 May 2008 10:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww dont leave it in my paws to decide Laughing

Elmix
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 12:48 Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Actually this is supossed as RP thread and this do looked like from our point of view, what i try to RP. No one is accusing anyone wink

Illynya
PostPosted: 08 May 2008 13:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I was just hoping things would calm down instead of continuously bringing up the same things over and over again.

Plus I just like seeing our adorable little stoat around! Laughing

Aristide
PostPosted: 09 May 2008 02:17 Post subject: Reply with quote

A lock would be appropriate

Prut
PostPosted: 09 May 2008 13:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

Illynya wrote:
I'd love to see everyone stop pointing fingers now. This thread seems to have served its purpose and is heading back down the path our furry friends told us to keep off of.

You are friends with WoS? Confused I would not recommend it but hey, your choise Cool

Hess
PostPosted: 09 May 2008 15:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the WoS has any friends at all. She meant Stoat and our other censors and you know this perfectly well, Prut. So who's taunting whom, now? -_o

Prut
PostPosted: 09 May 2008 15:19 Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I did not think of censors.

They come in all shapes and species, you know Smile

THE END!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Shriekersmom
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty Re: [RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland!

Post  Rosalynn Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:15 pm

imo, you'd be all the wiser in listening to Prut.

Rosalynn

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland! Empty Re: [RK ARCHIVE]...Keswick, the Pride of Scotland!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down