Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RK ARCHIVE]...Morgan Mote

Go down

[RK ARCHIVE]...Morgan Mote Empty [RK ARCHIVE]...Morgan Mote

Post  Shriekersmom Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Lerendus

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 04:03 Post subject: [RP] Morgan Mote Reply with quote
Lerendus walked briskly down the street, towards the north gate, a slight jog in his step. He had gotten the deeds from the town hall and building plans from Duchess Smom. He arrived at the building sight. The lumber and stone had not arrived yet, nor the workers from Kirkoswald Castle. Lerendus stood on the street, the deeds and building plans rolled up in his hands. He waited patiently, tapping the rolled up papers against the palm of his other hand.

Easy to find what's wrong, harder to find what's right
Anwir_ap_griffith

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 04:34 Post subject: Reply with quote
Anwir strode down the road leading to Preston He had been away at sea for along time. while he was gone the weather had turned and a bitter wind bit through his naval uniform. Anwir pulled the wool of his great coat closer around him to keep what little of his body heat in.
Looking around again Anwir continued walking, he was not happy the land did not roll right, where was the swell of the ocean he had grown used to.. Still he had received word from the Baroness when he landed at port. He was needed in Preston again, she spoke of a new home and an address.

Anwir stood on the road looking around her crumpled letter held tight in his shivering hand. At first glance the plot of land seemed deserted here on the outskirts of town. finally he spotted a figure holding papers on the distance. Awnir hoisted his kit bag onto his shoulder and thrust the crumpled letter and his freezing hand deep into his coat pocket, set his face against the biting wind and started off towards the figure waiting in the centre of the plot of land.

"Greetings Sir, I was expecting to meet the Baroness Morgan here?"
Lerendus

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 05:13 Post subject: Reply with quote
Lerendus breathed in deeply, the cold air stinging his nostrils, freezing his lungs. A gust of wind bit through his coat and he pulled them tighter around him. He looked down the street. Empty. Save one man. Who would be crazy enough to be out in this weather? He watched the man intently, heading in his direction.

Quote:
"Greetings Sir, I was expecting to meet the Baroness Morgan here?"

Lerendus gave a slight bow to the man. "Welcome sir," he says through the biting cold, "'Tis the right place. I assume you are here for this?" He held up the papers in his hand.

Anwir_ap_griffith

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 05:24 Post subject: Reply with quote
Anwir threw his kit bag on the floor and took the papers the man offered. He unrolled them and contemplated them for a moment. They appeared to be blue prints for a large house.

So it will be here then? Anwir spoke and looked up.. well I see you, but no Baroness or for that matter lumber or stone. Where are the masons and carpenters? Handing the plans back Anwir slumped down on the softness of the kit bag.

Anwir reached into his pocket and pulled out a small silver hip flask. Taking a swig he looked u at the strange oppersite. Brandy, to take the sting out of the wind? he said offering the stranger his flask. Noting the curiosity in the mans eyes, Anwir broke the silence again. I'm Anwir, the Baroness is my guardian, may I ask your name oh' bearer of the papers?
Shriekersmom

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 05:50 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Knowing today was the day building would commence on the building of a new home in Preston, she went to her office early and by mid day had finished enough work to go to the home site. She had sent her retainer Lerendus in her stead. Pushing her chair away from her desk and blowing out the candle she used for extra light in the darkened room she knew winter was coming soon. Haste on building must be made to have a roof by first snow.

Packing up a hamper with hot spiced cider and a few warm mutton pies, she headed out to her horse, Roi. She had chosen to ride him this morning as she would be meeting Oda and a wagon, going together out to the site with the cornerstone. It would be so nice to have a home they all would fit in. Living at Sonnie's was more than a bit cramped but she was grateful to have been offered a place other than the tavern to live.

Seeing Oda waiting for her she places the hamper into the wagon and Mounts Roi."Shall we Oda?"

Looking over at the Corner stone she can't help but smile.
Lerendus

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 05:54 Post subject: Reply with quote
Lerendus let out a deep sigh into the cold, his breath forming a small white cloud. He watched the man as he accepted the papers and examined them.

Anwir_ap_griffith wrote:
"So it will be here then? Well I see you, but no Baroness or for that matter lumber or stone. Where are the masons and carpenters?"

"Aye, 'tis the place," he replied as he pushed his frozen hands into the pockets of his coat in an attempt to warm them, "As for the Baroness, probably busy with more pressing matters...lumber, stone, and workers," he paused, "Well, they're not here yet."

He took his hands out of his pockets and accepted the paper as it was returned to him. Watched the man set his bag down and collapse upon it. He must be tired. He gazed down the street as the man extracted a flask and drank from it. Still no sign of the building materials nor workers. He looked down at the man sitting before. A short moment of silence.

Anwir_ap_griffith wrote:
Brandy, to take the sting out of the wind? he said offering the stranger his flask. Noting the curiosity in the mans eyes, Anwir broke the silence again. I'm Anwir, the Baroness is my guardian, may I ask your name oh' bearer of the papers?

Accepting the flask, he took a long swig. Thanked the man as he handed it back. "Good drink. I'm Lerendus von Liechenstein, retainer of the Baroness.

Oda_marius

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008 06:16 Post subject: Reply with quote
Sat on Bastiaan, Oda waited the arrival of Smom. The building of the home will be another step forward. Looking up he sees Smom approaching.

"Shall we Oda?"

"Aye, the sooner we get there the better." Seeing Smom smile at the corner stone, Oda smiled himself. It was a fine piece of masonry and would do well outside the new home.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008 07:03 Post subject: Reply with quote
The man accepted Anwirs flask took a sip and returned it.

Quote:
Good drink. I'm Lerendus von Liechenstein, retainer of the Baroness.

Von Liechenstein the name was familiar to Anwir, thought the face in front of him he could not place. Well there had been many people working for the baroness that Anwir and his family had known. The recent time at sea had driven many memories from him...

Perhaps he knew my father he thought maybe they were even friends, I know so little about my fathers life, so strange even thought I grew up with him he was a stranger to me. Anwir always new his father had resented him for his mother died with his birth a darkness had forever been between the two..

Besides climbing trees and chasing the maid had always seemed so much more fun than remembering stranger’s names.

Anwir shifted over companionably to allow Lerendus room to lie against the comfy kitbag as they awaited the arrival of the baroness and the labourers.
Lerendus

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008 02:27 Post subject: Reply with quote
Lerendus eyed the spot next to Anwir. He had been standing there awhile and it would be nice to sit down. He took another glance down the road. Still nothing. He moved to sit, stopped abruptly. Something screamed for him to look down that road again, just once more. He looked up, and there they were, at last. Wagons loaded with stone and lumber, great hosts of masons and carpenters and at the head came two riders. The duchess and perhaps her guard. He had never seen anything like it. After years of war, he had only seen things torn down, never built. He turned to Anwir and motioned for him to get up and look.

Anwir_ap_griffith

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008 04:54 Post subject: Reply with quote
Lerendus Looked down the road and started with some obvious excitement. Clearly something was happening. Lerendus now standing turned to Anwir and motioned him to come and look, a large smile crossing his face.

Its just people Anwir thought to himself and waved Lerendus away with the flask..
So the Baroness approaches... I'll get up when she gets here. Anwir said with feigned exhaustion.
Lerendus

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008 02:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
Lerendus gazed down in disbelief at the man’s indifference. His own baroness arrives and he does not, at the very least, stand. It troubled him. It vexed him terribly. Had the man been truly exhausted it wouldn’t have bothered him but he could see he was not. He had seen exhaustion in his own men, had experienced it himself, and Anwir did not show any of the signs of exhaustion. There were not the cold blank eyes that stared but didn’t see, or the unresponsive face, or the slow sluggish movements. He kicked Anwir’s bag out from under him. “Get up,” he snarled at him.

Shriekersmom

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008 11:17 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Looking down the road she sees two men one laying down and another standing. As they get closer she can see the one standing is Lerendus, a smile crosses her lips knowing he was prompt doing his job. It takes a bit longer before she recognizes Anwir....just as she does, she sees what she thinks is Lers kicking Anwir "What the.." hearing his words she stops mid sentence and laughs. "Beating a dead horse there Lers?" she laughs some more as they pull up next to the two men "Should have seen the ordeal he put his governess through when growing up." waiting for a hand down from the wagon she remembers Anwir's youth.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008 19:17 Post subject: Reply with quote
Lerendus chuckled lightly at Smom's comment. "Something like that," he replied warmly as he offered his arm up to help her down from the horse, shooting a glance at Anwir still on the ground. Lazy turd. He was tempted to kick him again, but held back. "I have retrieved the plans as you instructed. We can begin work immediately if you wish," he said, holding out the blue prints for her as the wagons of stone and lumber made their way slowly into the field. Holding his coat tightly around him to keep the cold at bay he waited for her to review the building plans, make sure it was satisfactory before they began construction.

Shriekersmom
Admin

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down