Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 26

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:30 am

---fromENBlainWolfe
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 05:28 Post subject: Reply with quote

BW watched the ceremony and smiled upon seeing the happy couple joined together at last. Afterwards she approached them.

"Congratulations on such a beautiful wedding, you both look amazing today. I wish you both the best, and I wish I could stay for festivities but I need to get back to Egremont. Sometimes I feel like I'm the leader of a three ring circus back there."

She smiled a bit thinking about her wonderful home and all the eccentric people she loves. Wistfully thinking about indulging in a bit of ale she grabs a mug... or two... for the road and wanders out to her horse for the journey back.

Estherparacelsa
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 06:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Tears of joy come from Esther's eyes as she watched the ceremony with her beloved Alexion's arm around her. It was not all that long ago that they had their wedding.

Joining the reception, Esther saw that their gift for the couple was now residing with the other gifts.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Ivoryknivesip3

Set of twelve ivory Apostle knives with a Christ knife
In the original cuir-bouilli case
Southern Germany c. 1460-80
Christ: 22 x 2 x 1 cm
Apostles: 21 x 2 x 1 cm

Ivory handles, steel blades, brass inlay, exceptionally well preserved

This set of knives is an extraordinary survival and a magnificent example of the cutlers’ art of late fifteenth-century Southern Germany. The blades are in remarkable condition and the handles, each between 9 and 10 cm long, are of ivory which has been carbon dated to the early fifteenth century.
More details - http://www.samfogg.com/cgi-bin/gallery-object-4up.pl?type=exhibition&id=20080613&page=2&file=00180&style=2

Lord_stryke
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 06:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexion smiled lovingly at his wife most dear as he held her close to him. Guiding their way through the crowd, smiling and greeting those he knew, he walked up to Xander and his new cousin Smom. Shaking his cousins hand and then hugging Smom, he says"Congratulations, both of you. May your marriage last forever and may Jah bless you and your love for one enother." With that he smiles warmly at his wonderful couple.

---fromENAlexander Robin Marius
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 08:16 Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaking Strykes hand in return, and hugging Esther.
Thank you so much cousin, we appreciate you making te long journey to Cumberland. Thankyou for your Gift, now please excuse me one moment, but we must share a drink later.

Xander moved away a small distance

IF I may have your attention everyone, Smom and I would truely like to thank you all, Family & friends fr sharing this day with us, thank for your wonderful gifts we shall treasure them along with our memories of this day.

Xander moved back to Smom kised her and took her arm, making sure they had Rohnan and Gilly's hands they made their way to the end of the Asile

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 08:26 Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as her new husband says his thanks for the gifts the new couple walks to the doors to the castle proper and turns....

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 SmomandXanclosecopy-1

Smom speaks loudly and clearly so all may hear "Friends and Family, all whom we cherish and wish to share our day with, if you follow us we will now enter the great Hall where a dinner has been prepared. After dinner I do hope you will enjoy dancing and drinking in the Main ballroom." she pauses lookong out at the crowd "Let's Party!"

Entering the Hall she sees the beautiful tables

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Receptionroom

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Recepheadtable

Seeing Elensar she nods that it is time before walking over to her. "Ele I know you run the kitchens but as soon as the staff is instructed to serve could you please come out and sit with the family. You know we are cousins now and I would be honored to have you sit near us at the head table."

Elensar
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 08:49 Post subject: Reply with quote

Ele is pleased her cousin has found someone he so obviously adores.

Feeling restless, she wanders off to the kitchens to see if there was anything she could do.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Eltzcook

A big, round, red-faced woman handed her a stack of menus and told her to put them on the tables.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 WeddingMenu2

Ele put one at each place setting.

The guests started arriving and taking their seats.

The round, red woman now seemed to think that Ele was hired help. Ele was not impressed and frowned as the woman ordered her around. She thought about telling this woman exactly what she thought of her but decided it was best not to cause a fuss at her cousin's wedding...at last someone discretely point out to the woman that Ele was a guest and she went even redder, almost purple, with embarrassment.

Smom spoke and Ele nodded in reply, the place was getting quite noisy now. She was ushered to a seat and sat down while looking around for the rest of her family. She felt sad that Rosanna could not be there but she knew what was happening back at the Manor...Best not dwell on it, she thought.

Bread was brought to the tables. Wine was already there and Ele noticed that several guests were already helping themselves. She smiled.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 A92A8F6tmp

The guests all seemed very pleased with their food as each course was brought round to them.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 CaesarSalad-parm

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 28

Finally...the cake was brought to the head table ready for the bride and groom to cut.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Wc_042_lg

Snowlynx
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 08:51 Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow places here brothers and sisters gift near the wedding parties table. Displaying them on stands for all to see. She had both their personal vows to each other and their announcement framed for them to keep and remember this day.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Weddinggift

After her brother gives his speech, she slowly moves through the crowd to get to them. Then her sister gave her speech and invited everyone into the great Hall for dinner. Snow steps forward as everyone starts to move into the Hall for dinner, gives her brother a great big hug and kiss and does the same to her sister now.

"Congratulations, my brother, I am so happy for the two of you! The wedding was beautiful. It made tears come to my eyes seeing so much love you too must have for each other." Snow holds her brothers hand and looks in his eyes adorningly. "I am so proud of both of you and wish all the happiness and love that you both deserve."

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 09:03 Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander returned Snowy's hug and kiss.
Thank you Snowy, this is a wonderful and thoughtful gift, we both true hope that your wedding will bring you the same amount of joy as this day is bring us. Now you must visit us soon, now there are many family members here for us all to catch up with, now come with us to celebrate

Grundal
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 09:42 Post subject: Reply with quote

The wedding had been done in true Smom style. Grundal was always impressed with her way of appealing to all facets of English society. After the vows had been exchanged and the wedding party began to file out towards the the castle proper. grundal hurried him self towards the grand hall.

Once inside grundal went strait to the bar to be sure all was ready there

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Bar1

Passing the food that had been set up, grundals gut growled as the scent of delectable foods waifed across his nostrils. Once reaching the bar he orders a shot of scotch and a mug of ale and sits back in a corner watching the rest of th guests file in to the grand hall

Desideratist
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 10:11 Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi came up to the couple and dropped a curtsey.

"I'm afraid I have no gift but my presence, poor as it is, and my best wishes. I was not expecting to be coming to a wedding today. "

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 10:20 Post subject: Reply with quote

As a young woman who Smom had seen only once before came up and curtsied, she returned it with one of her own
"My dear, Baroness Desideratist, it is I who is honored to have the pleasure of your company on my wedding day. For you to take time out of your duties to England, I am grateful. Please do enjoy yourself and if there is anything you need please ask. Do make sure before you leave to stop by the kitchens for fresh supplies, I know how difficult it is out on the open road in the Army."

Ice_dragons_
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 10:38 Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice was sitting down in the chair keeping a watchful eye on the children. He took a drink from his glass of rum as he spotted Irish heading over to him. Ice pulled out a chair for her and let her sit down. With Irish watching over the children he got up and went over to get some food. He filled up his plate before heading back. He stopped to give each of the triplets a cookie off his plate before sitting down besides Irish.

“Well Smom sure knows how to have a good party. Want a piece of cake dear?”

---fromENKieran88
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 10:46 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Smom looking over as he claps, Kieran sees the smile on her face and smiles back.

Once the couple head towards the eating area Kieran gets excited, FOOD!, he starts to follow but is stopped by some young lad 'your gift from MM has arrived sir we are sorry we are bit late, where would you like it,?'

'Put it with others if you would pls' Kieran gestures towards the mountain of gifts.

The man runs off and comes back with another young lad and carrying something over to the table with all the other gifts.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Unicorn%20at%20the%20Fountain%20(w.%20border)

attached was a note

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Weddinginvitationroses

Dear Mum and Father,

Congratulations on this fine day it is truly an honor to be here and witness such a beautiful ceremony where 2 such wonderful people become 1,

I can now say, and proud to say, i have 2 magnificent parents.

I wish you both the best of luck and hopefully you both live happily together forever,

May you love for eternity,

Your Son

Kieran Casey II

once the gift was set down Kieran followed the rest of the crowd and tried to find his seat.

Caissadiplomat
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 11:42 Post subject: Reply with quote

Caissa sits next to Ice and Irish in the great hall and taps his wineglass with his spoon.

Desideratist
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 12:30 Post subject: Reply with quote

Shriekersmom wrote:As a young woman who Smom had seen only once before came up and curtsied, she returned it with one of her own
"My dear, Baroness Desideratist, it is I who is honored to have the pleasure of your company on my wedding day. For you to take time out of your duties to England, I am grateful. Please do enjoy yourself and if there is anything you need please ask. Do make sure before you leave to stop by the kitchens for fresh supplies, I know how difficult it is out on the open road in the Army."

/ooc 42, in game. Not so young as all that. I wear it well. Wink I am beginning to regret making myself middle aged. I shall only get older, as time passes. So it goes.

"Duties indeed. The more one does, the more one is given to do. And your offer of supplies is most generous. Knight Commander Gregarious always ensures we have bread enough, but some preserves or chutneys to make some difference to the meals at the border would be most welcome. Perhaps some herbs and spices in case we come across some rabbit? I shall see what your cook has used for this feast… it does smell excellent! I do consider myself fortunate to be in town on this day, and that Jersey had spotted me in the Inn. The Gods work their magic, and we call it luck.

And your fine husband? I was married a long time ago myself. I always think a woman married once before becomes extremely choosy. A man has to be a very fine man indeed, to make a woman think of marriage for a second time. So he must be very suitable. I congratulate you, and your little ones on a new husband and father.”

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-11-28

https://themorganfamily.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 27

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 am

Illynya
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 15:11 Post subject: Reply with quote

Illynya hovered near the back of the hall, feeling tremendously out of place surrounded by everyone in their finery. Her new dress had been ruined in a freak accident, and she'd been forced to show up in a tunic and breeches. At least they were clean, she thought...and comfortable.

She nursed a goblet of wine, trying to focus on the reception and not the steadily growing mound of paper and correspondence she knew waited for her in her office. Everytime she moved, her now increasingly annoying shadow followed. Everywhere except the privy, thank heavens for that.

Irishwoodfaerie
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 17:48 Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish was happy that Caissa came to sit with her and Ice,Caissa, how wonderful to see you again. I hope you are doing well.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 17:51 Post subject: Reply with quote

As she is speaking to Baroness Desideratist she hears someone tapping on a glass and looks to see from where it came. Spotting the perpetrator as her brother but, not before she sees her eldest child hiding in the far back.

Fighting back a chuckle as she does not want Desi to take it out of context in their exchange, she can't help but shake her head a bit at the sight of Illynya. It seems no matter what manners and social graces she tries to instill in her daughter she will always be one to forge her own path in life. Breeches at her own mothers wedding, what next. That child knew her mother had dresses a plenty if she needed or wanted one.

Sighing she has decided to ignore the fact and accept it as Illy being Illy. At least her really wild child niece Asteria wasn't here to for Illy to wrestle or have a food fight with. She must make a point to bring Xander over to her daughter and other family as soon as they can. Looking at her brother once again she waits to see why he is calling attention.

Squire_merks
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 17:52 Post subject: Reply with quote

Horses and carriages had arrived in relative order ... the horses where unsaddled and the saddles where placed infront ... to an untrained eye the horses all looked the same ... I took my time to over see the whole affair, keeping a mental note of the horse riders as to not hand back the wrong horse and saddle. ...

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Horses_linedup

The Carriages where lined up, Some showed the obvious wealth of it's owner ... the horses where given feed bags to replentish their strength

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Horse-and-carriage-2

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Horse-and-carriage-va

but all where treated as equals ... given the best of care ...

I had gotten word that the ceramony had concluded and if I wished my men and I could make our way to the kitchen for some food ...

We followed the young lad back to the castle and into the kitchen where I see Ele busy over-seeing the preperation and delivery of the banquet to the dinning room ... I see a small stack of plates and I nod to my men to follow ... we each grab a plate and head over to a table in the corner for what looks to be for the hired help ....Ele sees us sitting down at the table ....

Hello Ele ... how are the preperations going? ....

Lordchus
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 18:26 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordchus arrives just when the reception had begun. He was sad to have missed the ceremony, but his work on council for the county and Regent had kept him on his brother-in-law's ship, the Galley, completing and it had caused him to lose track of time. He walks in looking for his cousin so that he may give her all his love and blessing along with her new husband.

He sees that the hall has a many great guests coming in and seating themselves to begin the celebration and eating. He makes his way through the hall and decides to get to the head table where the newlyweds will seat during the banquet. He imagines that they should be near greeting and socialzing and he hopes to run into them.

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 19:27 Post subject: Reply with quote

'I want to take just a minute too, and say i'm real happy for you Smom, this is definitely a blessing! And i'm glad to have met you, Alaxander, it's been a real pleasure.'

'That's about all i'm going to say, you've a whole lot of guests to attend to. I will though, i'm going to stay, and eat if you don't mind. I'm hungry!'

'And i want to say hello to your mom, and to Illy too.'

'Desi? Let's find a place at the table, i'd like to introduce you to a few if you don't mind.'

Llop
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 19:33 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Arial, Llop greets her.

"Arial! Long long time no seen! Will you accompany me at the table?" Helping her sit down, he takes a seat beside her and serves her the meal of her choice.

Arial123
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 19:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arial tells Xander that it was a pleasure doing his and Smom's wedding before he goes to Smom's side.

When the couple announces that it's time to go to the reception Arial follows the crowd to it, thinking she will only stay for a bit.

When she enters the reception area Llop comes up to her. "Hello, Llop, Sure, I will accompany you at the table." When they get to the table Arial picks out a meal and Llop serves her. "Thank you Llop. That's nice of you. How have you been?"

Llop
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 19:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

"You are welcome, my friend. I have had my difficulties at first, but now I can say I'm thriving. If only I could go home soon... it's been months and my mill will surely need repairs. A hundred bags of wheat await me." Llop picks Filet Mignon and starts to cut it. "And how about you?"

Arial123
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 20:03 Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have been traveling a bit. Haven't left Penrith in a while and felt like and doing some traveling. Before I was traveling I have just been keeping myself busy around the town. When will you be able to get back home?"

Caissadiplomat
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 22:24 Post subject: Reply with quote

Caissa chats with Ice and Irish and is amused by the children. They are trying to be good, but its hard to wear fine clothes and sit quietly when you're so young.

Caissa tells those at his table about becoming an archbishop and how nice Ireland is.

Llop
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2008 23:54 Post subject: Reply with quote

Llop tasted the exquisitely cooked plate as he listened to Arial's words, and replied to her question after cleaning his lips with a handkerchief.

"Very soon. My trip back starts tomorrow, I believe. How is life in Penrith?"

Llop catches the gaze of some of his friends while eating, and smiles and nods at them: Grundal, Caissa, Esther and Alexion, Jealeaia . . . .

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 01:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Irish, Ice and Caissa, Xander excused himself
Smom my love please excuse me, I will go mingle some more if you do not mind
Xander kissed her cheek, then moved away, he made his way to Irish, Ice Dragons and Caissa, it took him some time as he greeted well wishers, shaking their hands, exchanging greetings and thanks to all
Hello Irish, Ice, Caissa, thank you for comming you all are along ways from home. Irish I cannot thank you enough, afterall it was you who introduced me to Smom.How are things in Southampton, everything is well I trust
Xander kissed Irish's hand, then shaking Ice Dragons hand
Its good to see you again Ice, I trust I find you well, I cannnot thank you enough for your gifts, the craftsmanship is exquisite
Turning to Caissa
Caissa my brother, good to see you I know you would be returning home soon, but you are welcome to stay here at Kirkosold if you wish
Xander saw a drinks steward and waved him over, offering everyone a drink before taking one himself, as he did he saw his cousin Grundal, Smoms most trusted friend over by the bar, he caught his eye briefly and doffed his glass to him, before turning his attention to those around him

Irishwoodfaerie
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 02:06 Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish smiled at Caissa, Well at least we dont have any floating bread this time.Archbishop? Oh Caissa how wonderful. Your mother must be just beside herself with pride. I know I would be in her shoes.
Irish leaned over to kiss Caissa's cheek.
Just then Xander came over and Irish turned her attention to him.
Struggling to get up out of her chair. She hugs Xander as best she can considering her ever expanding waistline, Well Xander I can't take credit for it. It was something that was meant to be,but I am happy you two found each other.

Correus
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 02:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arriving late, Correus searches the gathering until he finds jeal. Making his way to her, he leans over and gives her a kiss. Hello my darling. I'm so sorry I couldn't be here sooner. How are things proceeding? I need to congratulate smom and alexander. But first, let us mingle and greet old friends and new.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 28

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:49 am

Jealeaia
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 03:14 Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone was going into the hall and getting their food I start to head for the tables myself when Cor finds me and smiling I return his kiss and then pout a bit....

Darling I have been with Smom most the day and our child is telling me to get to that table and give him something sweet ...besides I see Grundal is raiding the table so we can start our mingling there...

Walking over I pick up a plate and nudge Grundal over a bit playfully and chose a few items making sure to get a few sweet things to satisfy this child's cravings...

Arial123
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 04:26 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life in Penrith is fine I suppose... It's nice to be away from it for a while," says Arial before she glances around the room to see who all is there. She sees some familiar faces.

Correus
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 05:08 Post subject: Reply with quote

With a BIG smile, Correus slides his arm arround Jeals waste, and walks with her to the table. Hello my good Grundal! Bending over, correus kisses jeals belly, then helps her fill her plate.

Grundal
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 05:54 Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking over the delectable assortment of goodies before him. Grundal reaches out with fork in hand to take a piece of well roasted meat. Suddenly a shoulder is wedged under his extended arm pushing him side ways. Not happy with this rude intrusion on his carefully selected pray. Grundal turns and sees the offending party is non other then his commander from the ninth division. Chuckling at her actions and knowing better then to come between a women with child and any morsel of food she may desire. Grundal bows and steps further to the side to be sure there was ample room for jealeaia to find what she was looking for.

Well Jeal Hungry much are we ?

Jealeaia
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 06:06 Post subject: Reply with quote

Giggling at Cor as he kisses my belly I blush ever so slightly ....

Now darling ...we're among too many people for that...

And with him piling even more food on I start to wonder how many babies does he think I'm feeding...and then Grudal looks at me all defensive over his meat and then changes disposition as he scoots over and I laugh....

You have no idea my friend....seems some smells repulse me while at the same time I'm ravenous for some craving...

Richgrams
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 08:24 Post subject: Reply with quote

Richgrams has taken the tired twins up to the nanny, and finds Andrew and Daniel playing there.
Daniel, come with me to see your grandfather, as I'm not sure how soon he will be leaving.
Such a sad look, Andrew.
You may come too. Now both of you mind your manners.
They spot Caissa sitting at a table and go over to him.
Caissa, look who I brought to see you. Could you keep them a moment while I find Smom & Xander?
I'll be back for them.
Easily spotting the happy couple, Richgrams approaches them to give them big hugs.
I wanted to tell you of my gift to you. I have commissioned an artist to create a portrait of the twins.
She had only a short time with them at the manor, but we will arrange for more sittings.
Also, Rosanna couldn't be here, so she wanted me to extend you her wishes for a long and happy marriage.
Now I have to rescue Caissa from Daniel & Andrew so that he can enjoy his food and drink.
Oh yes, I took the twins to the nanny, as they were very tired.
Richgrams then gathered up the boys and took them back upstairs.

Caissadiplomat
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 11:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

Caissa had a wonderful though brief time with the boys. They also made fast friends with Irish and Ice's children. Caissa protests when they are taken away, but he realizes they are very tired and he just makes sure they have their choice of food as they go on their way.

Caissa then makes his rounds of the room chatting with many of his old friends. He spends extra time with Jealaia, with whom he had served at the Battle of Reading. She is with child and Caissa congratulates her and Correus.

Jealeaia
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 18:00 Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning to see Caissa I put the plate down for a moment to give him a quick hug and smile ...

Thanks ...we're happy about having another addition to the family...my step children are real excited about having a little brother or sister...but enough of my growing belly... It's been quite some time since I've seen you...How are things going?...The WA just isn't the same without you....Oh and the Brigade troops are housed at my 9th doing just fine as well ...they have been a great help with little things and helping us build ...and even learning a bit of English with Cor's guards there as well.

Picking my plate up I pick up a piece of fruit and nibble ..

Asteria
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008 23:47 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria staggers into the castle hall, dressed in her dirty pirate uniform and looking quite a mess. She looks around, blushing slightly as she sees all the fancy outfits and regrets not having time to don her favorite blue gown or even bathe. She sees Uncle Caissa standing by Jealaia and decides to wait to greet him. The dirty Dread Pirate Queen takes a deep breath and tries to relax after her adventure on the way to the wedding while looking to see who else she might know.

Caissadiplomat
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008 12:34 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing his niece Asteria, Caissa breaks into an impish smile. He winds up his conversation with Jealaia and Correus and heads over to the dread pirate queen.

"Asteria, my dear, how good to see you," he gives her a hug. "And here Illynya was saying thou wouldst not come and further that thou was a mopsy turvett."

He tries to keep from laughing at his practical joke.

Illynya
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008 16:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering around the room, Illynya stops suddenly as a small child runs past, not watching where she's going. A split second later, she winces as a heavy boot crushes her ankle. Swearing under her breath in her native tongue as not to upset anyone within earshot, she ignores the proffered apologies.

What has the world come to? She wonders. A former bodyguard now requiring a bodyguard of her own. An inept one at that. She had a sneaking suspicion the duty of following her around all day was assigned as punishment by the Captain of her guard.

A brief parting of the crowd brings an image of Asteria entering the hall, looking even more bedraggled than she felt. She smiled and relaxed a teeny bit more. Still, this was her mother's wedding, she had to be on her best behaviour. No play fighting or lighting anyone's hair on fire today...

Flagging down a man in livery who was wandering around with a tray of something that looked appetizing, she took a few pieces, then went off in search of wine.

Meira
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008 23:21 Post subject: Reply with quote

Meira was enjoying the food at the reception. There were many guests she didn't know, and she liked looking at all the lovely clothes. She smoothed down her green gown and then looked up and saw Elensar.

"Elensar, are you having a good time? I don't know when I was last at a wedding so lovely."

Elensar
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008 23:28 Post subject: Reply with quote

Ele smiled at Meira as she reached out and took a glass from the waiter's tray as he walked by.

Yes, everything is lovely. Your dress looks very nice Meira., Ele looked down at her own dress, it was a sunny yellow colour, and giggled,I went for something summery.

Ele finished her glass of wine and took another one.

Earlier the cook here mistook me for hired help...have you seen her? She looks like she might explode any second!, Ele giggled some more.

Meira
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 00:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks Ele, yours is pretty too. Yes, I think I saw her earlier - large woman with a very red face?"

The two giggled, and Meira took a glass of wine as well.

"I should probably go offer my congratulations, but it looks like the happy couple is busy at the moment. I'll wait till it settles down a bit I think. Who is that over there?"

Elensar
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 01:08 Post subject: Reply with quote

Ele giggles, looks over to where Meira is pointing and squints.

I have no idea...I dont recognise anyone here really and the only people that have spoken to me are you and the big red woman!

She burst into fits of giggles again.

Would you like to go out and get some fresh air with me? I'm feeling a bit...funny.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 29

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:12 am

Meira
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 01:20 Post subject: Reply with quote

Meira looks at Elensar, a bit concerned and wondering how much wine she has had. She knew Ele wasn't used to it.

"Of course. Why don't we step out into the courtyard?"

They headed outside into the crisp evening air.

Elensar
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008 01:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

On the way to the courtyard Ele continued giggling and grabbed yet another glass of wine...Meira tried to stop her but couldn't.

Meira held her arm and Ele, still giggling, pinched some gentleman's behind as she walked past. This made her giggle more...and Meira dragged her away before anyone could tell her off.

Asteria
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008 00:05 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote

Asteria gives Uncle Caissa a big hug and then looks at him with her mouth wide open in shock, "She said WHAT?!" But the smile on his face quickly tells her the truth so Asteria grins and swats him playfully on the arm, "Thou doth not want us to get into a fight! I am viscious! I almost made her cry the last we fought in Keswick!"

Solon128
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2008 02:00 Post subject: Reply with quote

the pigeon was tired when she landed in the middle of reception hall. she was late and was breathing heavily because of long flight.

everything had been started normally. her owner, solon128, wrote a message to a old friend and sent her to cumberland. she was used to fly between ireland and england since her owner is still sending and receiving a lot of message from old friends. the pigeon left luimnach on a typical rainy morning of sunday in order to be at Kirkoswald Castle in time. however, things werent good as expected. she had to change her way to cumberland because of lots of danger. she noticed the army of rogue who was marching to the waterford. the army was big and well equipped. but the soldiers were hungry. it looks like they spent everything, even their food money, for their arms. arms to kill innocent people. she had to make a big round around the army for not being hunt one of the hungry soldiers. then she flew over waterford. she never liked to fly over forest where wild birds like peregrine falcons who always look for some hunt. and after a short time she noticed one of them flying above her. the falcon decided to attack her suddenly. she made a lot manoeuvrings to evade from the falcon and started to fly towards the sea. the falcon was much faster and strong than her but hopefully she was more agile even if she carries a letter. the falcon followed her until she reached the sea between the ireland and england. when she felt safe she started to worry about the people of waterford. will they be lucky to evade the army of rogue like herself? will they defend their town and their freedom? most importantly, will they survive like her after the attack?

while she was thinking these she already crossed the sea. she started to feel pain in her wings but she was late because of the unexpected events. she wanted to stop but she couldnt in order to reach Kirkoswald Castle. hopefully, flying over england was much more safer than fly over ireland. she didnt encounter any danger and arrived to reception hall towards the midnight. the reception hall was full of guests enjoying nice food and drinks while chatting and wishing best wishes to the married couple.

finally, she landed in the middle of the reception hall, close to the bride. when the bride noticed the letter and took it from her leg and started to read. meanwhile, pigeon felt very happy and died. nobody knew if she died because of the flying fatigue or the excitement of completing her mission.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008 00:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

After a wonderful Wedding and Reception, Smom is feeling the exhaustion that comes from planning a wedding in such little time while raising a young family. Looking over at Xander she smiles at him but, also signaling it is time they made their leave. Looking around the Great Hall at their family and friends she knew those she loved most were here on her special day, Those that could not be had sent word.

Making a note to write her friend's Solon and Greencolt letters of thanks for their wedding blessings from afar, she walks over to her new husband before addressing the crowd.

"Family and Friends, Xander and can never thank you all enough for sharing with us in our special day. I am amazed by the wonderful gifts each of you has blessed us with I hate to say it but, the best gift we recieved this day was the honor of your presence." Looking over at her cousin Irish "I know for some of you coming to spend this time with us was not easy to travel in your condition. Irish hope it is another girl." she smiles and winks "I am sure Ice would love another special one to care for." Turning her gaze over to her Brother Caissa "I am grateful some of you delayed your return trips to Ireland and that others." she turns now to Jersey "have seen fit to visit us from there."

Walking over to her niece Asteria and giving her a hug before continuing "Family means alot to both Xander and myself and once you are part of our family, you have us to lean on in good times and bad, even if we don't approve of your actions, family you will always be." she looks over to her daughter "Some of us have crazy ways of showing our love for one another with Lobster and Bread fights and wrestling in front of fireplaces." she giggles as she remembers her two girls and the stories she has heard "I like to believe, a family that can stick together through politics, distance or misdeeds and find a way to compromise, travel and forgive to be one again, can and will survive for generations." Looking at Richgrams "Mother, Thank you for raising us with these beliefs that we have passed on to the rest of the family."

Turning finally to the Marius and deStryke family members "Well guys, you did not have a bunch of say in who Xander was going to marry but, Welcome to the family, with this union we grew in size. Love us or Hate us we are yours too now. Several of you have felt like family and have been treated as such since the day we met, I am honored to be a part of your family as I hope you are to be a member of ours."

Looking around the room as she walks back over to Xander "Lastly some of you are not family by marriage or blood but, you are valued people in our lives, none the less."

Taking a drink from the table she is near she raises it "To You" taking a sip after the toast. "Please excuse Xander and myself as we take our leave. Feel free to stay and party if you wish, there are rooms for you all should you wish to stay, the staff will direct you to them when you are ready. Good night."

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008 01:38 Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander listened to his brides words, as usual she had summed up their joint feelings in words far better than he ever could. He looked around the room, looking at everyone. Here were his family old and new as well as his an Smoms friends. At the end of her speach he raised and doffed his glass to the room, nodding his gratitude to all.
Then taking Smoms arm, they left the Great Hall to their chambers

Richgrams
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008 05:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thoroughly enjoyed the festivities, Richgrams now starts rounding up those from Morgan Manor.
She has asked Squire_merks to prepare the carriages and wagon for their return trip.
The Penrith Festival begins on the 18th, so there's much decorating to be done in Penrith.

Squire_merks
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008 06:33 Post subject: Reply with quote
After Lady Richgrams tells me to ready the carriages and wagon I collect all my men and we head back out to the side of the castle where all the horses and carriage are waiting, Without me having to say a word everyone gets busy saddling horses, putting harnesses on teams and reining them in to carriages ....

I send the wagon around to the kitchen and the carriages around to the front of the castle for Lady Richgrams and all the other guests, In about two hours we have everything taken care of.

The hour is late but everyone feels wide awake and in high spirits for the trip back to Margan Manor ... Those of us that rode horses saddle up and mount up and make our way around to the front of the castle as well and watch as our party climb in to the carriages and settle in for the ride home ... cheerful chatter, giggles and laughter and as everyone find their sets ... I look at the drivers and give a nod ... the teams lean into the task of pulling the carriages and they start to move forward over the cobble stone path and away from the Castle keep, through the gates , past the gaurds and out onto the road back to Penrith and ..... Home.

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008 17:30 Post subject: Reply with quote

'Well i'm real sure that Alexander's going to take nice care of Smom, the way she ought to have always been cared for. And i couldn't be more sure of that.' he said to nobody in particular, while he broke bread, and continued getting his fill. There was probably nobody left at the table even, for now the staff were clearing things away.

'O do let me have another pudding please, before you put them away.' he begged one of them as they carried away the saucer.

And he drank deep from his cup. There was somebody a little way down the table, he said to them 'Did you see the way the man in uniform handled all of the men, and horses? He'd make a fine commander one day, if he is not already. I'd say so myself.'

'I'd have liked to make his acquaintance, but i was not able. There was a few, even, i didn't have the opportunity to, and more so reacquainted. Ahhh..' he breathed, patting his belly, 'if only we'd so much time as we did obligations.'

With that he gave a light laugh, for he'd been known to shirk a few, to make time, you know? It was a long time before he finished, though, and rode the lightning home.

Desideratist
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 00:35 Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi spots Jersey drinking and helping clear up the desserts by eating them, and grins. She also waves to Arial. They'd been together at the Battle of Birmingham, and so many times in the orchards of Coventry, and now they all lived so far apart. She missed them both, and wanted to chat with them both again, the three of them, like old times.

She pulled up a chair next to Jersey, and waved Arial over.

"You're looking thoughtful, Rocket. Something on your mind?"

Arial123
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 00:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arial politely excuses herself and walks over to Desi and Jersey. She has missed both of them and is glad that she can see both in the same place.

She takes an emty seat and sits next to Jersey. "Hello, Desi and Jersey. How are you both? Sorry, Jersey for rushing away earlier. I see that you are having your fill on the deserts."

Desideratist
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 09:15 Post subject: Reply with quote

“That’s okay, Arial. You were working, after all. It’s good to see you, after all this time. So much water under the bridge… how have you been? It was pure luck that I was here; Jersey saw me in the local inn waiting for my turn on the border guard, and brought me along. I think he was keen for us all to be together again for a time himself… I’m sure he’ll tell you so, when he’s finished his pudding.” Twisted Evil

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 15:47 Post subject: Reply with quote

'Desi! Arial!' he exclaimed, and promptly lay the pat of butter down that he was smearing onto a pudding. He fidgeted instantly with his chair, and sat very close to them.

'Girls, you are both very dear to me. My heart i must wear on a sleeve, because it is true. I spent three days concentrating very hard on this trek and back, and it was not far removed from my mind the entire time, i longed to see my loved ones here.'

Jersey had become very animated now, and his countenance beamed. 'Desi, i am really sorry if mail was lost on it's way to me, have you been writing often? Bless the lad who were able to find my garden last! Your message was a breath of fresh air, and he were rewarded accordingly for his diligence.'

'Arial! Razz What are these priestess vestments?' he let loose a fit of laughter, and pinched the hem of her cloth.

'Have you gone and joined the sisterhood?' he asked, and then he frowned. 'I pray you'll still be able to play, and to laugh, and to tickle one another.'

'Even until we piddle.' Twisted Evil He was curious, and then pleased to know that his arms were still so long that he may wrap them affectionately around the both of them.

Desideratist
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 16:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi giggled at the hug. Jersey was sometimes prone to periods of melancholy, as she had found him, but she knew time with good friends always brought his sunny side to the fore, and his good humour at those times was more than infectious.

"Heh one of these days what the King has sea passage going I shall come visit you in Ireland, and I shall drag Arial with me, by the hair if necessary, and we shall all pick fruit and go hunting like we are all still nobodies in Coventry, eh? Back before the Fates had their hand in it.

And we shall picnic in the orchards like we used to, and fish, and just be ourselves again. I'd like that..."

Arial123
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 17:08 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Jersey again has brought back old feelings that she has been trying to forget since he moved to Ireland. Since she has become a priestess she has been trying to forget her long lost love, but seeing him back her has made her remember all those good times they had together.

A lot of those memories were shared with Desi. Arial has always enjoyed Desi's company and was sad when she couldn't see Desi because of her move north. Arial has left a lot of close friends behind, but she has made a couple new ones.

"Yes, water under the bridge," says Arial, and glances at Jersey for a moment before looking at Desi and continuing. "I am doing alright. Have my ups and downs like anyone else."

Arial laughs a little when Jersey makes a comment on her robs. "Umm... Yeah, I am a priestess now, but that wont change anything between us. It still would be like old times," hearing what Desi says she responds, "I would love to visit Ireland once we are able. It would be great to be picking fruit, and being together in the Orchard once again. The Orchard is what I have missed the most, next to all my friends and loved ones." With the last statement she looked back at Jersey and smiles.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 30

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:20 am

Desideratist
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 17:25 Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi notices something in the way Arial is speaking, and the way she keeps looking at Jersey. She knows full well how fond they are of one another, and thinks it would probably be a good idea if she made herself scarce for a short while...

"I'll just get us some more drinks, if there's any left over. You two chat..."

And with that, she goes off to the bar, but keeps an eye on her two friends. She sighs, fearing the worst. She was never entirely sure how they really felt, but she was sure there was something there. But then, when Jersey had moved to Ireland and Arial become a Priestess, Desi had to admit that happy thought was not going to be. Presumably Arial was going to tell him she was a Priestess now, and he would have to face his future alone.

Turning away from them to hide the sadness in her face, she busies herself pretending to make drinks.

Arial123
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008 17:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arial notices Desi going to get some drinks. "How have you been doing in Ireland? Met any old friends? Met anyone up there that could possibly hold your heart?" Arial is hoping he has not, but wanted to make sure anyway. "Only one has my heart, but I knew I couldn't have him, so I became priestess."

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008 21:35 Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, Jersey smiled very contently to have both his most favorite girls to hold close to him, and pressed his cheek to Desideratist's fondly. He listened attentively while she explained how she'd like to visit Ireland, and to pick fruit, and hunt geese together again, and he nodded agreeably.

Then he listened to Arial express how much she'd like that also. He was decided that the three of them should have never ventured far from one another, and that absence does make the heart grow fonder, because this was something that he wanted very badly too, is to be together again.

But the subject weren't about to be changed. When Desideratist stood so abruptly, and suggested she'd make drinks, he sensed that something had come amidst them. Something a little bit awkward.

See, behind those thick locks of hair, his peepers see all that go on around him. But naturally, because of those locks of hair, he sometimes does not see things that are directly in front of his face.

Arial has never mentioned loving him.

He replies to her, 'I am doing really well in Ireland, and picking so many fruits, and vegetables this season that i cannot eat them all.'

'There are so many people too, old acquaintances, and new alike.'

'One lass, Keelie, helped me to dig holes in the garden, because i'm still looking for where my missing rib has gone, you know? And another, Victorianna, she smiles at me from across the counter. She has cows, and i love milking cows, their udders are so soft, and so smooth. Mostly people are paired already though, and those who are not, are fast finding love in this grand world.'

'But Arial?' he asks suddenly. 'Arial, nobody holds my heart strings.'

He cast a glance in the direction of Desideratist, who were just turning away, to pour us drinks, and wished suddenly that she were nearer to them, especially now that he were about to confess something to Arial. He'd have liked Desideratist to hear him too.

He took Arial's hand in his two, and moved from his chair onto both knees. He held her hand very tight, and looked up to her timidly.

'O Arial, i wish that you had not become a priestess. I'm so overwhelmed by this, i almost want to cry. It breaks my heart that you could not have one whom you loved very much, and gave up loving altogether to serve Jah instead (who's love is certainly everlasting, he lets us know by putting fish in our 'jammies). I always encouraged you to love, and took a special interest in all of your friends who were boys, but..'

'I had always secretly hoped that you might develop a love for me also, o i know, it would be weird, yes. Being so long more a sister to me then a lover. But i had hoped that in time...'

'But this is terrible news, Arial!' he exclaimed a little shakily, not caring that he might draw attention. He was distressed! 'Now i have been too long in hoping that you might find love, discovering it even, with me,'

'O if only i'd brought with me a sword, i would run myself through this very instant, it pains me!' he lamented openly.

'Arial, please, i beg you, take off the priestess' garments for me, take them off this very day, and try to love just one more time. Would you let me love you now? As you should be loved?'

'Arial, let me love you. There are worlds between us i know, but i would like to show you that love may conquer all.'

He lay his head in her lap then, clinging now, so that she may not run away, and wondered what else he might say to persuade her.

Desideratist
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 00:18 Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi sees him on his knees in front of her... surely....but she's a Priestess. Mind you, she might just give it all up, for him. She might...

Arial123
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 04:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arial glances around for a moment, see a few suspicious eyes glancing their way, probably wondering why Jersey is on his knees confessing his love to a Priestess, but Arial doesn't care at the moment.

"Yes, I probably shouldn't have chosen being a priestess and should have waited for love to come, but I was tired of waiting. I have always had love for you, even before I traveled up to Coventry. It grew stronger, though, when we traveled to Birmingham. I thought that maybe you and I would be together some day, but when you went back to Ireland, though I know you have always wanted to go back to Ireland, I thought that I would never see you again and that we could never be together.

"I can't stop being a priestess over night, though. You and I will be together one day, and live in the same town also. I wasn't expecting to see you here, or confess this to you, or you confess this to me, but I am glad you did."

Desideratist
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 11:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

Desi hides behind a wall and peers at them, not wanting to spoil the moment. The looks in their faces are clear... she whispers under her breath.

"Kiss her, lad... seal it."

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 18:10 Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC Rocket wrote:
Desi, if you go kissing priests, and priestess', you're liable to be struck by a bolt of fire.
'Really, Arial? Really really?' he ambled into the chair like he would climb a ladder, and squeezed in beside her.

'Really, Arial?' and he kissed her of course, but it were a wet one, because there were little teardrops on his face. He kept saying over and over too, 'Arial you can't do stuff like that to scare me.' and 'I won't go no place, only so long as you come with.'

But he was soon very quiet again, moving his lips, and kissing her passionately. She tasted like melon, and the best melon ever.

Arial123
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 18:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arial couldn't help but return his kisses, though she knew she shouldn't be. She was lost in the moment and wasn't thinking of what will happen once word gets out about this. She don't care, as long as she can be with her love, she doesn't care what may happen.

Desideratist
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 19:51 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Finally..."

Desi merely breathes the last word. She'd known this pair for so long now, and they'd always seemed to flit so close and then dance apart at the last minute. Not daring to allow themselves to be happy, it seemed. But weddings do tend to remind people that their future is lonely, unless they do something about it.

She leans over to the barman.

"Champagne lad, and the good stuff, mind. We have much to celebrate today."

Taking the three flutes, she walks back to the now-couple and announces her arrival with a delicate cough.

"Moving to Ireland, Arial?"

Arial123
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008 20:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arial hears a soft cough and breaks away from the kiss. She blushes a little when she sees Desi and hears what she asks. "Possibly, will have to wait and see."

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 18:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

He would have to stop kissing Arial just now, he guessed, because Desideratist politely interrupted them, but bearing a few glasses also.

'Thank you, Desi.' he assumed one were for them, and took a flute nervously. He drank deeply from it, and fidgeted because he was just brimming with anxiety, and turbulent emotions.

'While you were away, Desi..' he begun to explain, because he did not know that she had been noticing all. He gestured toward his hand that were folded over Arial's.

'Arial and i missed one another very much, Desi. We do not want to part again, and must admit, that while you were fetching us something to drink, we shared what were in our hearts, and sort of decided that we love one another deeply, you know?'

Desideratist
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 19:06 Post subject: Reply with quote

"I know." Very Happy

She embraces them both.

"Took you long enough to admit it, though."

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 19:12 Post subject: Reply with quote

He blushed deeply. 'Did you know? I wish you had said something.'

He returned her affectionate embrace, and asked 'Does this please you very much?'

Arial123
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 19:20 Post subject: Reply with quote

Returns Desi's embrace as well. "Yeah, I wasn't trying to hide anything really. I just never really admited it out loud. Thought maybe it would pass."

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 19:23 Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey stifled a small fit of laughter, 'Yeah.. pass again, or go away.'

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 31

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 am

Desideratist
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008 22:25 Post subject: Reply with quote

"It pleases. Although your road may be a little rocky. You have taken a bit of a roundabout route. But you always seemed to understand each other so well, months ago when we all lived in Coventry. And Arial, our little Priestess here, was the last person I would expect to march off to war. But she did, because she believed in it, and because you believed in her. So be it then."

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008 11:08 Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and he had marveled at this back in the day, how the girls had showed so much spirit as they had. They were chock full of gumption, you know? He pat Arial, and kissed her cheek, telling her something softly there, and then he stood.

'Desideratist?' He proffered his hand to her, 'The staff is busy moving around a lot, would you accompany me to the garden again with a minute? I did like it very much.' Jersey set his glass down, because he suspected she would oblige him.

Desideratist
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008 12:38 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Of course, of course, lead on."

And so as they walked down into the garden, she asked the question that had burned on her mind.

"You knew she'd be here, of course. You planned this, or did it just explode out of you when you saw her again, after all this time? "

---fromENJersey Rocket
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008 18:30 Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey bit his lip, and pondered this. 'You know Desi, i really did not know. I knew Arial would be here, the moment i saw her as anyone else did. And truthfully? I was a little taken aback that she'd chose the sisterhood. Disappointed, i don't mind saying none. I feared the very, very worst.'

'IRL even, i did not know about the wedding until one day before. I just knew it was an opportunity to be here again with you all and would not pass it up.'
OOC Rocket wrote:Shocked Jersey just say IRL even? You might better check his head.
'Desi, though? I think i been wanting to say that stuff to her for many months now. A year now, yes, she's been a help meet to me, and the words have only gone too long now unsaid. So planned? Not so much. Thought about, and obsessed over? Verily so.'

He looked away while he said all of that, and had been examining the flowers that lined the way, creeping in and out of the hedges they would. Jersey had probably found one he liked, or one that were not so perfect as the others, that had some spot, or blemish, and plucked this. These are things he'd tell no other, Desideratist.

He was pensive, again. 'She was as a damsel in distress, that day Desi, in the orchard last year, as i recall.' he breathed the words rather then said them.

'But Hey!' and become animated suddenly. 'I have love for you also, Desi. Not the same sort, but just as strong, i do. Just let somebody tread on you and you would see.'

'You're always the first i seek out when i come, and the last i say goodbye to.'

'I think of you very oft, and always ask you how the pursuit of love fares.'

'Desi?' he asked, discarding his blossom then. 'Dance with me, even though there is no music? There is something important that i'd like to whisper with you.'

Desideratist
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008 20:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have told you many times you are my brother. Not by blood, but by my choosing, which in many ways is deeper. You cannot choose your blood relatives, but you can choose your kin, eh?

I heard about this "damsel in distress" in the orchard. You were savaged by her kitten, were you not?"

She smiled at this gentle tease. She'd heard the tale of the chivalrous Jersey, just a squire then she thought, saving the young damsel from what he thought some ferocious animal, which then turned out to be a cat up a tree that saw his head as a route down from its predicament... at least, she thinks that is the story Jersey is alluding to.

"And I still pursue my love, but because he is somewhat like you, perhaps. He loves me too much to permit me to share in his troubles. But I love him too much to let him face them alone."

Picking up the flower he had dropped and nestling it in her hair, she takes his hand, resting her other hand on his shoulder as if for a formal dance.

"There is always music. Especially in a garden. Whisper away."

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008 12:47 Post subject: Reply with quote

Entering her home she gathers the staff

"I have news for you all. I will be leaving Kirkoswald soon and will be letting most of you go. A small staff will stay on to care for the castle and Kieran but the twins and I shall be moving. That is all." dismissing the staff she pulls aside her chambermaid and asks for packing to begin.

Walking over to her desk she starts penning a letter to her Mother. When finished she has it taken to Morgan Manor.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008 14:33 Post subject: Reply with quote

With her new husband missing and the staff preparing for her travels to find him, Smom sends a messenger to go bring Whisper to her, she is hoping he will join her search party.

Richgrams
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008 18:23 Post subject: Reply with quote

A messanger arrives with a letter from Richgrams.

Dear Smom,
I would love to have Daniel visit here while you are away. Please extend my welcome to Kieran as well. Perhaps he would care to tutor both Daniel and Andrew.
I wish you the best in your travels. Please keep in touch with news of you and the twins.
Your loving mother,
Richgrams

---fromENKieran88
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008 10:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

A messenger approaches kieran in his room and notifies him of the plans that him and daniel are to head to Morgan Manor, it was a bit of a suprise to kieran as he had not been back long from his last trip to MM.

He was to leave as soon as possible so Kieran went to where daniel was and asked the carers to pack up and be ready to leave with daniel as soon as possible, he advised to pack for a long stay, because he had no idea how long they were to stay at MM.

Kieran goes to find Smom, doing so he hears about the situation,

'Im sorry to hear he is missing, smom, and i do hope you find him soon, pls remember i will take good care of daniel for you while you are gone, hope the search goes well and will give your love to eveyrone at MM, and i love you too,'

After hugging his mother, he knew she would be in a rush so he didnt hold her any longer, kieran went to go finishing packing himself before meeting daniel and a few staff in the yard where the the carriage was ready and everyone was also ready to go, after loading all the luggage he helped daniel and everyone else intot he carriage, before sitting himself on the front with the footman. Kieran looks around and thinks to himself, 'another trip', he acknowleges to the driver, and they set off towards MM.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008 14:59 Post subject: Reply with quote

After saying her goodbyes to her beloved son and little Daniel her grand nephew, she watched them leave.

With a heavy heart she watches the carriage pull away from the Castle and looks down the road hoping to see sign of Whisper arriving.

Elensar
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008 00:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

The carriage arrived in the courtyard amidst a cloud of smoke and stops sharply with a screech. Ele jumped out of the carriage and set off running, there wasn’t much time.

She had spoken to Meira about the notes he had left them all back at the manor all that time ago and the bad feeling she’d had the night he disappeared. She had agreed that Ele should check if he was now at his home just to set her mind at rest if nothing else.

Ele had asked around the staff that had worked in Kirksowald Castle at some point and found out where Whisper lived. She ran towards the woods and finally came to a clearing where she saw his hut.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Hagrids-hut-film

She slowed as she neared it and straightened her skirts. She peered in through the window but couldn’t see much. She knocked on the door…no answer. This time she banged loudly on the door. As she did, it swung open. She looked around then stepped inside the hut.

It was dark inside and pretty bare. The fire had not been lit for some time and there was no sign of anyone here. Ele walked over to a wooden table covered in books and paper. She randomly lifted and moved a few things around when suddenly something caught her eye. She saw a book with a white flower peeking out from between the pages. She smiled to herself, remembering, and then frowned when she remembered what she had said about the flower. She picked up the book and opened it to the pages where the flower was placed. As she did, two pieces of paper fell out.

Puzzled, Ele picked them up and opened the first one…

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Londonmap

It was a map of London…How very strange…, she thought. She opened the second piece of paper…

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Clue2

Ele quickly read it and gasped. She stuffed the two bits of paper and the flower into her pocket and ran from the hut, slamming the door behind her.

She arrived back at the carriage with hardly any breath left. Meira was out of the carriage stretching her legs. Ele just about had the air to say, …Whisper…gone…London…, and passing the pieces of paper to Meira before sitting on the floor in a heap.

Meira
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008 03:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few short miles from Morgan Manor to Kirkoswald Castle and already she felt stiff from sitting. Meira stood beside the carriage, idly making circles with the toe of her shoe in the dusty carriage track in the courtyard. She wondered just how long it would take to get to London… the trip from Calais to Penrith had taken such a roundabout route that it was hard for her to estimate.

Ele came running then, back up the path from Whisper’s cottage.

"…Whisper…gone…London…," she gasped, handing Meira two pieces of paper and then dropping to the floor of the carriage.

“London? Mais pourquoi – But why?” She looked at the map and letter Ele had handed her, wrinkling her brow as she read them. “This is so strange. Well, we’ll see if we can find him while we are in town.”

They left word with a servant who was outside to tell Smom of Whisper’s disappearance, and then left on the road heading south towards London.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008 14:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Receiving word of Whispers disappearance as well she becomes even more concerned.

"I must go to them and seek their help." she says aloud but no one but her is around to hear.

Going inside the castle she calls the staff together and tells them the time has come for her and the twins to depart. She knows not when she will return but she will not return with out her husband at her side, and now her friend as well.

When all is done and said, several carriages are outside awaiting. Holding her two year old twins hands as they toddle along towards her carriage she motions for her Nanny to enter first so she can then hand the children up to her. Once her youngest are inside Smom turns and take a deep breath as she looks at Kirkoswald, a lone tear falls as she is not sure when she will see her home again.

After she enters the carriage she sticks her head out the window she has draws the cover back from it "Take care all and treat Master Kieran as the Master of the Castle till my return" she reminds the staff as they are all outside to bid them a safe journey.

The Driver and her Crimson Dragon Troops, who will escort them know where they are going. Smom leans back and smiles at the twins as they are sitting across from her listening to a story their Nanny is telling them as they ride off. She will find both men if it is the last thing she does.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008 00:38 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran gallops through the main gate of the castle and head towards the stables where a stableboy is waiting for him, 'thank you' Kieran says as he hands over his horse, he then stands and looks up at the castle and marvels at the site and his mother and her late husband had made.

'good to have ya back sir, how was the trip? and have you heard anything from lady smom?' says the stable boy as he tends to the horse.

'thank you its gd to be back home, i have not heard any word from my mother but i hope to hear soon,'Kieran then walks into the castle and puts his luggage down on the floor and has a seat in the main lobby area.....

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008 06:25 Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kieran ,

I am writing this note quickly as we are on the road. I have your brother and sister with me and we shall be coming home for the holidays. Please have the castle staff prepare rooms for myself , the twins and two guests.
I have missed you greatly and can't wait to see you once more.

With Love,
Mum

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 32

Post  Lerendus Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 am

Kieran88
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008 11:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran was sitting in the main living room in front of the fire when one of the staff came in and handed him the letter,

'we just recieved this from a courier sir'

Kieran has a sip of the spirit that was at next to him and took the letter from the servant'thank you' he replies.He reads it and fills with joy has he relises he wont be spending christmas alone.

'Excuse me,' he shouts to the servant just as he is about to leave,'have lady smoms living quarters prepared as well as the twins and rooms for two guests if you would please,also have the cooks begin a great dinner for there arrival,..oh and one more thing tell everyone who has been slacking over the last few weeks since smom hasnt been here, she will be here very shortly, he says with a bit of a grin on his face.

'eheh...yes sir...the servant said as scarpers out.

Kieran chuckles to himself 'ah..so easy to scare', he has another sip of his drink before deciding to get changed and prepare for his mothers arrival.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2008 23:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen letter in hand marched up to the castle, she was nervous of course...more than nervous in fact, but she hid it well. She was just very glad that she had been hired as a governess for the Morgan - Casey children.

Brushing her silky black hair out of her face she looked up at the place where she would reside for awhile, and gulped back the feeling of fear. With a deep breath reminding herself that there was nothing to be afraid of, she walked up to the massive door and knocked...

Kieran88
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008 11:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran who had just finished getting changed was now looking quite elegant indeed, he stood in front of the mirror and brushed off his shoulders and gave a quick thumbs up to himself. As he exited his room he heard a knock on the door..'surely cant be smom already...' he said quietly to himself. He rushed to the door straightened his jacket and tidied his hair and opened slowely, he saw kaylen stood there...'oh...hello there..'

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008 18:10 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaylen was studying the step under her feet when she heard the door open, and despite her best efforts of trying not to be nervous her heart raced in her chest. Taking in a steadying breath, she slowly let her eyes travel from the man's feet up his legs and body and finally to his face.

She was surprised that a man had opened the door, she wasn't sure why she was surprised...but she was. She studied the man for a few moments while she tried to ignore the nervous fluttering in her stomach.

Licking her lips she smiled slightly. "Bonjour, I am here to...to see Lady Smom Morgan. I am Kaylen Hamilton." she said in her soft French accent, that testified to her origins. And she curtsied slight;y to him.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2008 20:31 Post subject: Reply with quote

As he looks at the woman in front of him, he gives off a slight grin.

"Bonjour, I am here to...to see Lady Smom Morgan. I am Kaylen Hamilton.

'well hello there kaylen, i am kieran,' he kisses her hand softly.' very nice to meet you, smom isnt around at the moment but is expected home very soon, why not come inside and wait?...'Kieran opens the door wider and and with wave of his hand beckons kaylen to come inside.can i get you anything eat or drink?

Lerendus
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 06:44 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus and Smom arrive by carriage at the castle. It was too cold to be riding, and he would rather be in the carriage this time than endure another trip on Anzac's back. He looked over at Smom and smiled. It was rather nice, riding in the carriage with her. He was not expecting it, but there was a certain closeness that he enjoyed. He continued to gaze at her, his hand slipping slowly to around hers, as he wondered of all the things he’d done wrong, what did he do right? Pushing the thought from his mind he squeezed her hand gently and looked out the window. He could see the castle, it was just a little further down the road. “We’re almost there,” he said turning back to her.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 09:12 Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes...this helped her nervousness a whole lot...Smom was not there yet...so that meant she was early AND, this Kieran guy was sorta good looking, and polite. "Jah help me not make a fool of myself." she thought silently to herself.

Taking a deep breath she nods as he opens the door "It is a pleasure to meet you as well." she said softly, her brown eyes looking up at him. She stepped into the warm hall, careful not to brush against Kieran, though she wasn't sure why.

Brushing her black hair out of her face she surveyed the hall for a few moments, trying to get her bearings. Finally though his question registered in her mind, and she blushed slightly realizing her mind had wandered a bit. "Oh...no thank you, I am...fine." she said softly. But she wasn't fine she was nervous and unsure of what to say or do next, she really had thought Smom would be here when she got there. Now she was alone with this man that she didn't really know, and that thought made her even more nervous...she sighed slightly...what a mess...

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 09:37 Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeezing his hand back, grateful her Mum kept the kids for the night. "I know, I can't wait for you to see my other home and meet Kieran. Hopefully Illynya will show up soon and you can meet her as well. I heard from Sol and Rosie, they send well wishes from Ireland."

Looking out at the lightly snow covered trees as they rode along the road, a bit bumpier than she remembered. Recalling her first trip to the castle when the crown first granted it to her, she smiled. Not much had changed the road as they rode along. As the gates appeared she turned to Lers.

"Welcome to Kirkoswald" noting how Kieran had done a bit of decorating as they entered the Castle grounds, happy to be home for the Holidays.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 CastlegatesXmaspiccopy

Lerendus
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 11:30 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus gazed out the window at the castle, watching it grow larger and larger as they drove up to it. The guards at the gate, recognizing the carriage, frantically opened it, stepping aside to let them pass, and shut it quickly behind them.

As they approached the front door of the castle the carriage slowed to a stop and Lerendus climbed out, turning and offering his hand to Smom to help her out. Offering her his arm, and pulling her close to him, they strolled up the steps to the castle door, decorated in much the same fashion as the gates they just passed. Knocking on the door Lerendus puts his arms around Smom's waist and waits for the door to open.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Castledoorxmascopy

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 12:02 Post subject: Reply with quote

Arriving and following Lers to the door she noticed what her son had placed up as a decoration. Holding back a giggle, as she knew he must be expecting at least one young lady to stop by or he would not have bothered.

Feeling Lers arms come around her after he knocked, she decided to take advantage of her son's thoughtfulness. Turning to face him she points up as she leans in to kiss him softly on the lips. After a moment of sheer bliss passes she breaks the kiss, "Mistletoe, had to." she starts to giggle unable to hold back now.

Looking back at the door "hmmph" walking to the door she goes to open it "Seems the staff is busy, Kieran must have let them slide in their duties while I was gone. Shall we?" she opens the door.

Entering she hears Kieran and a woman with a french accent speaking. Placing a finger over her lips as she looks at Lerendus "Seems he has company. Perhaps we should wait?"

Lerendus
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 13:42 Post subject: Reply with quote

Following Smom’s finger Lerendus looks up and suddenly finds his lips pressed against hers. Closing his eyes and leaning into the kiss, taking a deep breath, breathing in her soft scent. Lavender, lovely. He let the touch of her soft lips wash over him; the moment of pure and absolute joy. He steals another kiss from her lips, and sighs before opening his eyes to gaze into her own, finally allowing the kiss to end.
Smom wrote:"Mistletoe, had to." she starts to giggle unable to hold back now.
“Uh-huh…sure,” he returns in jest, grinning widely, unable to hold back. As Smom opens the door, they creep slowly inside. Hearing a woman’s voice with a distinct French accent he suddenly remembers and whispers to Smom, “Isn’t the governess supposed to arrive today?”

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 15:42 Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as Lers mentioned the governess, it dawned on her that is who it was.
"Must go say Hi then find the staff, company is coming." taking Ler's hand they enter the parlor.

Seeing her son Kieran standing there she rushes over and hugs him as tight as she can. Not wanting to let go but still wanting to see his face she reluctantly loosens her hug "Keiran, oh how I missed you" kissing his cheek "Will catch up with you in a bit, tons to do, seems I invited tons of people here and sent no word." laughing she steps away, turning to look back "Love the outside was a pleasant surprise."

Looking over at the young woman she introduces herself, explains the children will be coming tomorrow, and suggests she get used to the Nursery and writes a list of anything she may need while here.

"Kaylen I am so sorry to rush off like this but company could be here any moment and I want them to feel at home when they get here, please excuse me. Later we will spend some time together so I can tell you more of the children. You will just love them." smiling and hugging the woman she rushes off to gather the staff.

"So much to do , so much to do ." she is heard muttering

Finding them scrubbing and polishing and cleaning as if they had waned in her stead she instructed them to gather foliage and the decorations from storage. The castle must be decorated post haste, guest could arrive any moment. Working almost non stop for hours.Finally finished she meets up with Lers to take a tour and be sure all is ready. Humming a Christmas tune on the way.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 16:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran looked behind him as he walked towards the main hall, he noticed kaylen was looking a little uneasy,' you have nothing to worry about, m'lady this maybe a new place and i maybe a new face, but please treat this place like its your own, you a very welcome and its nothing to worry about, and i assure you me myself i am nothing to worry about.' he chuckles to himself, it had been so long since he had guests, maybe he had forgotten how to treat or talk to anyone who came to visit. Or maybe it was the lady kaylen, who was looking fine and very pretty indeed, he saw her eyes wander across him, maybe he didnt want to make a fool out of himself..

He wonders into the parlour and he offers kaylen a seat 'please take a seat...so i can hear your not from round here, what brings you KC?' he says whilst having a seat himself and taking a sip of his drink from earlier.

As the two talk, they are suddenly interupted as smom comes flying in and gives him a hug,'woahhh. helllo there mother!..' Kieran hugs just as much back before letting her go, he returns the kiss, but before he could say anything else smoms was gone.....something about company he heard and thought to himself best check on the cooks, make sure all is going well, Kieran turns to kaylen, ' maybe i can show you around a little? pls follow me..'he says with a smile...

Kieran takes her to towards the kitchen which means going through the greeat dining hall,'this is where we will be eating later on...' he says as he qalks through tp the kitchen which now was smelling absolutely deliceous, he ducked his head as he stepping into the kitchen, he looks around and sees the cooks rushing about, ' you guys are getting rusty!! all these weeks only feeding one!!, by the way we could be feeding more..so make enough for a gd few people,' he laughs, he sees the alreayd prepared food and his mouth begions to water, ' kaylen come look at what we will be feasting on!' he beckons,

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Christmas-meal-setting

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 ResizeofChristmasDinner2

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 IMG_0581

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 ChristmasDinnerPicforBlog

'oooo looking tasty guys!!!'he chuckles with the cooks

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 17:15 Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhausted but pleased she takes Ler's hand as they go room to room.
Starting at the front hall fireplace.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 20071215_0039-a

Entering the formal entry where the company can leave weapons and coats and sit for a bit if they wish.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 9-601-68hearstxmasy

Checking in the families Parlor where she last saw Kaylen and Kieran

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Christmas-tree-inside-the-house

Then going to check on the tables and decorations in the other rooms

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Christmas_main

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Img_0508

Checking the place settings

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 20071215_0060-a

the parlor off the dining hall

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 20071215_0070-a

And finally ending in the jem of her home ...a modest size ballroom for dancing

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 640x425_0309

Having seen that Kieran had the staff preparing food so all could eat well, she asked a passing servant to open the wine cellar and have plenty of ale available. Was a time to celebrate.

Turning to Lers as they stood in the ballroom "No music but would you care to share the first dance?" she was not expecting the musicians for a few hours yet.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 19:05 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Running through the hallways with Smom, pausing to admire each room they finally stop in the ballroom. Catching a hint of her lavender scent drifting off of her as she spins around to face him, he gazes softly at her, reaching out and taking her hand tenderly, as she asks for the first dance. Leaning closer and quietly answering her question, just above a whisper by her ear, "Did you really need to ask?" Pulling her close to him, he slips his hands behind her waist, holding her affectionately, cradling her in his arms as he sways slowly to the gentle rhythm of their song playing quietly in his head.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 33

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:23 am

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 20:15 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran88 wrote:' you have nothing to worry about, m'lady this maybe a new place and I maybe a new face, but please treat this place like its your own, you a very welcome and its nothing to worry about, and i assure you me myself I am nothing to worry about.'

Kaylen smiled softly a bit more at ease, she was still nervous but she knew that would pass as well...maybe. She was after all in the employ of a very prominent and powerful lady after all. But Kieran's welcome was warm indeed, and she did not feel like he looked down on her for being a governess like some she knew would.

Kieran88 wrote:'please take a seat...so I can hear your not from round here, what brings you KC?' he says whilst having a seat himself and taking a sip of his drink from earlier.

She followed him into the parlor, her eyes taking in the beautiful Christmas decorations before she sat on a chair and crossed her legs in a lady like fashion. Pulling a strand of her dark hair over her shoulder she twisted it around her finger the only sign now of her nervousness. "I was hired as a Governess for Smom's children." she said softly. "And oui you are correct I am not from here but from France." she said smiling slightly at the thought of her homeland.

Before she really had a chance to say much more, a very pretty lady rushed into the room and hugged Kieran. Kaylen blinked and sat there silently unsure of who this woman was, until she spoke...of course it was her employer. With a nervous smile she let go of the strand of hair she had been twisting around her finger and rose, curtsying slightly to the lady. She couldn't help but laugh softly as Smom talked then rushed off. Her manner had in a way Kaylen could not explain put her at ease.

Kieran88 wrote:' maybe i can show you around a little? pls follow me..'he says with a smile...

Turning once again to Kieran she smiled "Oh yes please." she said glad that she would not have to find her way around the castle by herself, for she was sure if she did she would surely get lost.

As he takes her through a few rooms she looks around in a slight awe, but Kieran did not seem to notice and that was fine with her. When they reached the kitchens, wonderful smells assaulted her senses and she breathed in deeply, it all smelled so good.

Her smile faded slightly though as she wondered where she would be during this party, as the children where not here yet, and if they were here, she knew she would be in the nursery with them, that was where she was supposed to be after all, being the governess. Then so none could detect her thoughts she smiled and turned and spoke in her soft French accent to Kieran "Would you please show me the nursery?"

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 20:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

Recalling the last time they danced she could hear the music in her mind. Flowing around the room in his arms she could only conclude he must be thinking of the same song. Smiling as she looked in to his eyes as they danced, the room fading so she saw nothing but him.

Sadly they eventually had to end the dance but, knew others would follow. Sighing as they part.

"Shall we go find the new governess? I would like to see if she would like to borrow a dress for the Party, I do seem to have a collection of them now." kissing Lers lightly on the cheek "Thanks for the dance."

Lerendus
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008 21:27 Post subject: Reply with quote

He pulled her into his arms and held her gently. Just a moment longer. He knew in his own mind the dance would not last forever, but drew comfort from the fact that there would be many more dances in their future. Sighing as he released her and stepped back slowly, lifting a hand and brushing her cheek tenderly, he gazed into her bluish gray eyes, to see into her soul, into her heart, listening to her as she spoke, the sound of her voice so soothing. A warm happiness simmering within him, he smiled, "Thank you, my love, for the dance," chuckling lightly as he finally concludes, "Yes, let's go find the governess."

Richgrams
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2008 23:17 Post subject: Reply with quote

From Morgan Manor to Kirkoswald Castle, we all sang Christmas Carols.
It is how each generation teaches the next the stories, meaning, and joys of this, our most wonderful time of the year.
As we drew nearer, our voices grew louder and more assured. Maybe they can even hear us arriving.
So it was that we arrived at the Castle all excited and full of joy.
The Castle was even decorated on the outside!
Not sure who opened the door, but we all rushed in and the children went off to find Smom, Lerendus, and Kieran.
Richgrams headed for the comfortable chair closest to the fireplace.
Is it me? or is it getting colder each year?

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 09:29 Post subject: Reply with quote

Singing songs with her Grams was fun, even if Rohnan sang the words wrong. Gilly was having fun. As they arrived at the Castle she looked at it and a glimmer of memory was there she was too young to remember things too clearly but it did feel familiar to her.

As they entered the castle she ran off to find her Mum, not sure where she was going. Turning to see Rohnan right behind her she hit something hard and fell down on her bottom...looking up she saw Lers looking down at her it was he she ran into him "Oops" was all she said before she smiled up at him.

--_rohnan
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 09:35 Post subject: Reply with quote
Riding in the carriage with Grams was fun, even when he messed up a word she smiled, he would stick his tongue out at Gilly when she would scoff at him for doing it, careful Grams did not see.

In the Castle he was running behind Gilly when she ran right into Sir Lers "Ut oh" he muttered as he looked up at the man then back at his sister.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 09:48 Post subject: Reply with quote

Still gazing at Smom as they walk down the hallway, Lerendus did not see Gilly running towards them. The rest of the world had ceased to exist and there was only her, until something bumped into his legs and brought him back into reality. He looked down to see what he had bumped into and smiled when he found a beaming young girl sitting on her bottom smiling back at him. Bending down he scooped her up, holding her in one arm, letting her sit in the bend at his elbow.

"Where are you going in such a hurry little lady?" he asked lightly, tapping her on the nose playfully with one finger.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 09:59 Post subject: Reply with quote

As Sir Lers picks her up and holding her as he speaks

Lerendus wrote:"Where are you going in such a hurry little lady?" he asked lightly, tapping her on the nose playfully with one finger.

"To find Mama." she giggles "and you to Sir Lers." squirming a bit in his arms to get more comfortable. "Grams is tired and cold and we sang lots of songs." scrunching up her face a bit as she looks at him thinking hard "Do you know how to sing songs Sir Lers?"

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 10:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

As she sees Lers and Gilly chatting away she catches the comment about her Mum. Squatting down she looks at Rohnan "Well little man, what do you say we leave these two to go find your big brother and we go get Grams some warm Mulled Cider?" when he nods his head she takes his little hand at turns to Lers and Gilly.
"Think you two can find Kieran? Let him know his Grams is here? Maybe find Kaylen on the way?"

Lerendus
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 10:48 Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckling with her as she giggles, he turns his face up, pretending to think on her question. Looking back down at her, he cheerfully says, "Only if you want your ears to fall off." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Shriekersmom wrote:"Think you two can find Kieran? Let him know his Grams is here? Maybe find Kaylen on the way?"

Giving Smom's hand a squeeze before letting it slip out of his he nods his, head, "We'll come find you in the living room." He leans forward and steals another kiss, whispering, "I love you," before turning to walk down the hallway with Gilly in his arm.

"So where should we look first?" he asks.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 10:59 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus wrote:"So where should we look first?" he asks.

Still giggling from when Sir Lers stuck his tongue out, picturing her ears falling off she reaches up and holds them. Watching as he was kissing Mama before she and Rohnan went off, she had him to herself..should she say it...why not.

"The cookie Jar?" she giggled louder, wondering if he really would get her a cookie. She had been good, well...mostly.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 11:24 Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing softly at her reply Lerendus grinned at her, "To the kitchen then." Winding their way through the corridors and getting lost several times, fits of laughter ringing out from Gilly each time they lose their way, Lerendus finally makes it to the kitchen. As he steps inside a chef approaches and asks if there was anything he could bring them. "Yes," he replies, "Two cookies. One for my lovely date," he gestures at Gilly, "and one for myself." He winked at her as the chef left and returned shortly with two cookies. Handing one to her he takes a bite out of his.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 11:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

As Sir Lers gets lost over and over she can't help but laugh thinking it a game, finally they reach the kitchens and to her surprise he really gets her a cookie. Taking a big bite getting crumbs all down the front of Lers and herself, she speaks to him with her mouth full "Fank ou".

As they go off to find her big brother she looks at Sir Lers closely. "Are you my Daddy now?"

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 11:39 Post subject: Reply with quote

They were just about to leave the kitchen when Kaylen heard giggling, and she was almost positive that it was not adult giggling...that could mean only one thing. The children where here, her eyes widened and she panicked slightly as their names sorta slipped her mind, she knew she had to have been told...but for the life of her she couldn't remember.

She was scrambling to remember, her gray-blue eyes wide, as the man she had seen with Smom rounded the corner with a girl of about two...maybe three perched on his arm.

Kaylen brushed a stray strand of hair back behind her ear as she watched the two, paying more attention to the child than the man holding her, she did hope she would remember the child's name in time to utter it.

Coughing slightly to gain their attention she smiled slightly, her eyes darting from the man's eyes, to rest on the little girl's bright blue ones. "Bonjour mon cher" she spoke softly to the girl her French accent soft and melodic. She grinned at the girl softly "My name is Kaylen...what's yours?" she asked.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 11:58 Post subject: Reply with quote

The smile on his face slowly fades as the weight of the question hit him. He lowered his face and thought hard. How do you explain to a child? He finally raised his eyes up and looked sternly at Gillianna, with a soft patience in his eyes. “No,” he began, “Not yet. But I would like to be, if you would let me.” He leaned close to the child and touched his forehead to hers, smiling gently. “And don’t talk with your mouth full,” he half scolded her, giving her the last bite of his cookie.

As they finished their cookies a young woman approached them and introduced herself to Gilly as Kaylen. He recognized the name. The children’s new governess. He bounced Gilly in his arms lightly, “Go on, tell her your name,” he goaded her.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 34

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:30 am

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 12:21 Post subject: Reply with quote

Sighing heavily as she pondered his answer for but a moment "Are you going to die too? Sir Brad said he was going to be my Daddy but he died. Why do Daddies die?"

Just as Sir Lers was going to answer her a strange Lady with a weird sound to her words came up to them and spoke.

Kaylen wrote:"My name is Kaylen...what's yours?" she asked.

At Sir Lers's urging she spoke softly, snuggling into Lers for safety "Gillianna Morgan-Casey" then hides her face into Lers chest, just slightly peeking out.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 12:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran couldnt keep his eyes of the food, the smell was making his mouth water and his stomach rumble, he snaps back when kaylen talks to him 'ohoh the nursery you say..yes of course.', just as he was to lead kaylen out of the kitchen they were joined by a man a little girl, he recognised the lilttle girl straight away, but did not who the gentleman was, after kaylen and the 2 got aqquainted Kieran joined them..Gilly!!! hows my lil sis doing ay?? he takes hold of gilly and gives her a big hug, he sits puts her down and kieran kneels down with her,' i hope you and ya brother rohnan have been good' he says whilst grinning and stroking her hair, stepping up he looks towards the gentleman,m 'hi there i dont think we have met before, im kieran...' he says holding out his hand...

Lerendus
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 13:21 Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsure of how to answer Gilly's question Lerendus quietly lets it slip, making a mental note to speak with Smom about it once they were alone. As Kieran came over and introduced himself he took his hand and shook it.

"Kieran, you must be Smom's step son. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Lerendus Von Liechenstein, Smom's fiance," he introduced himself.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 13:35 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing her big brother Gilly forgets the others are there "Kieran, I been good, not Rohnan he is bad. Sir Lers gave me a cookie cause he likes me bestest...we sang songs with Grams ...lots of songs. She is tired now." she frowned a bit before rambling on "Sir Lers said he wants to be my Daddy Kieran. Will he be your Daddy too? Will he die like Sir Brad? Will you come live with us. Will you? Mama said if I am good I get a Puppy ...do you have a puppy Kieran?" pausing to take a breath she pouts a bit when Kieran stands to introduce himself to Sir Lers.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 14:15 Post subject: Reply with quote

After she and Rohnan leave the others she asks him "Did you have fun at Grams? Were you a good boy?" looking up just in time to see one of the staff she motions him over "Could you have the kitchens send some hot mulled cider to the main Parlor" glancing down at Rohnan "and a glass of milk with some cookies too please."

"Shall we go see your Grams and wait for your cookies? I do hope you will share one with me." after a short walk they enter the room and she sees her Mum napping by the fire in one of the big chairs. The children must have worn her out.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 15:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran shakes lers hand, ' good to meet you too', he smiles and then is hit with quite a shock, 'engaged ?? whawhewhwh..' he stops and tries to think, he thought she was already married, slightly confused he smiles 'congratulations, im sure you will make smom very happy,' he turns down to gilly and laughs a little, pretending he didnt hear her asking about moving away or a about lers been their dad, it was to early to comment on either of them,' a puppy ay? well ya gotta been good, and rohnan needs to start been a good boy, il talk to him, i dont have a puppy no, i would like one, but to much running around after it he laughs and strokes gilly's head again.standing back up he looks around him'shall we go find everyone else then?'

Lerendus
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 16:09 Post subject: Reply with quote

He could hear much excitement in Gilly’s voice, and though he tried to hide it, his lips began to curve at the mention of a puppy. Chuckling at Kieran’s surprise he pats him over the shoulder, “Yes, we are engaged. Have her show you the ring if you don’t believe me.” Hearing Gilly’s insistence on dying fathers he winced. Will definitely have to speak to Smom about it. He really didn’t know how to answer that for her and was grateful to Kieran’s suggestion that they go and find the others. “Take my hand Gilly,” he says as he reaches out a hand to her, “Would you like to bring a cookie for Grams?” He had the chef go and fetch another cookie and handed it to her. “I’m not familiar with the castle yet, so if you wouldn’t mind leading the way,” he said turning to Kieran.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2008 20:23 Post subject: Reply with quote

'ok come one guys follow me' he says whilst walking out of the kitchen, he takes em back through the dining hall and follows a little detour as he points out several differnt rooms of interest, and then heading towards the main parlour, as he enters he holds the door open so lers gilly and kaylen could enter....

Majestic9468
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 04:37 Post subject: Reply with quote

A messenger from Majestic of Penrith arrives to the Castle and knocks on the door. He hands the letter to Smom for her to read.

To Smom and Lerendus,

I am sending a present for Lerendus since I saw his horse just a few days ago and noticed that he needed a new horse and saddle. This is a Christmas present from me. And for Smom... some chocolates and ginger tea. I will be there shortly.
Majestic McGinnis

Then he turns and leaves the gift with Smom and Lerendus and heads back to Penrith.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 16:27 Post subject: Reply with quote

As a messenger hands her a note, she sees another bring in a saddle , chocolates and ginger tea. Instructing them to be placed out of the way as she is expecting guests she reads the letter, telling a member of the staff to take the horse to the stables. Impressive gifts.

"Rohnan NO" she says as she looks up to see her son climbing to try to reach something high up on the tree. In two quick steps she scoops him into her arms and walks over and places him in a chair. "Please stay there and be a good boy. Your cookies will be here soon."

No sooner had she spoken when she saw her loud voice had startled her mother awake "Sorry Mum."

Lerendus
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 16:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding Gilly's little hand, Lerendus thanks Kieran for holding the door as they step through into the living room just in time to hear Smom yell and pull Rohnan away from the tree. Joining her as she places Rohnan in a chair he watches Gilly run into Grams' lap and hand her the cookie she had brought just for her. Slipping an arm around Smom he turns to Grams, "How are you Grams?" he smiled at her, "The children didn't wear you out too much I hope?"

Meira
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 19:22 Post subject: Reply with quote

Meira's feet crunched through the snow as they made their way to the castle door. The horse being safely stabled against the cold, she hoped they weren't too late. Knocking, she leaned against Richard and waited for someone to answer the door.

Elensar
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 19:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Ele crunched up behind Meira and Merks as quickly but carefully as the snow would allow her. Her basket was hooked over her arm and as they stood waiting to be let in she adjusted her coat.

Richgrams
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 21:55 Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Richgrams awoke from her nap with a start, she felt very well rested, toasty, and happy.

Thank you for the cookie, Gilly, how nice of you to bring me one. She gives Gilly a cuddle.

I'm very well Lars and happy to be here. They are quite a handful at this age. Luckily there were younger people to run after them.

Majestic9468
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 22:38 Post subject: Reply with quote

As I ride my horse..I see the Castle and is very impressed how it looked. Beautiful decorations. I arrived to the front and looked for a place to tie my horse to and found a sturdy tree to tie. I enter the Castle seeing quite a few people have arrived.

"Hello everyone... nice decorations out in the front. Wow Gorgeous inside. Hello Shriekersmom and Lerendus I assume you have received your gifts? My Paw did this when he went to these kinds of functions gave gifts to the hosts. So how are you both doing?"

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 35

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 am

Elmix
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2008 23:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago when he entered the Grams tavern with some of his soldiers, he met Lady Smom who was so nice that invited them all to visit.

While marching through Snow with army, before leaving he finally made his way to the castle.

As they all were coming in, they saw lots of Cumbrians already have gathered.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Army_at_castle

So he made his way to the owner of Castle and greeted her

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Elmix_awaiting

After greeting lady Smom, they sure did not came here with empty hands and since they are many, they have also presents with so he hands over sweets to Lady Smom.

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Sweets_for_Sanja

Richgrams
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 01:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

Richgrams couldn't help but hear the soldier's arrival. So many welcome guests at Kirkoswald made her extra proud that Smom is her daughter.
Richgrams made a point of speaking to every single soldier, wishing them a Merry Christmas and thanking them for their sacrifice of not being home with their families.
So good to see you here Elmix. Smom has made provisions for all of you.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 08:16 Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering the door herself on her way to prepare the groomsmen at the stables for a regiment of horses at least, she is most happy to see her cousin Richard and his wife Meira standing at the door. Ushering them inside she see Elensar right behind them.

"Happy Holidays, please come in. Grams and the children are in the Parlor with the others. Thank you for coming." motioning towards the parlor "I have to run to the stables really fast but, shall be right back. So nice to see you again."

Throwing her cloak around her shoulders she rushes out to the stables to give instructions. On her way back to the castle she sees a horse tied to a tree and motions for the horse to be cared for. No guest of hers Human or beast would go away hungry or cold if she could help it.

Entering the castle once more she is pleased to have the door opened for her..the staff finally in action as they should be. Walking into the parlor just after Maj, she could not say a word before Elmix and his soldiers entered.

Assuring all had drinks she walked over to Elmix first "General thank you for accepting my invitation. And the gifts, what a pleasant surpise Should your men need of anything please ask. There are beds in the barracks for them to sleep if they need a rest." looking over and motioning to Lers to join her "Have you met my fiance yet?"

Lerendus
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 10:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

As the guests began to file in one after the other Lerendus makes his way over by the door, greeting each as they step into the parlor. He watched Smom fly about making sure everyone, man or beast, was situated and thought how lucky he was to love someone so caring.

He was still gazing at her when he finally noticed her waving him over to join her and meet someone. Looking down and pausing a moment before making his way slowly over by her side he saluted casually, more out of respect than duty. By the looks of the insignia, badges, and intricate designs on his uniform, the man was a general. Dropping the salute he slipped his arm around Smom and bowed his head slightly, “How are you, General?”

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 12:10 Post subject: Reply with quote

As Lers came over and saluted Elmix then placed an arm around her she spoke "General Elmix Degas, I would like you to meet my fiance Lerendus Von Liechenstein." turning a bit to Lers "Lerendus, My dear friend General Elmix of the KoP. He is on his way to Lancaster to help defend our home there. Something I am forever in his debt for."

Making sure we all had drinks before resume speaking to Elmix "Is Mini with you? I have not seen her in sometime. I miss her dearly."

Lerendus
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 12:25 Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's an honor to meet you, sir," he says formally, smiling as he accepts the offered drink from Smom. "I want you to know that we are all very grateful to you and your men during these very trying times," he says while taking a sip, "How are the men, if I may ask?"

Elensar
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 13:21 Post subject: Reply with quote

Ele wandered around giving each person a small fruit cake tied with ribbon and a sprig of evergreen...she had made them all and they were brandy-soaked.

She arrived back to her brother and Meira with a smile on her face. She hugged each of them.

Yuletide greetings to you both.

She left them both talking. She expected a lot of people would be wanting to talk to them.

Ele found herself a seat and arranged her skirts after sitting down. She watched the room.

Majestic9468
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 15:21 Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the fruitcake fro Elensar and thanked her. "Greetings Elensar. How are you this evening" I grab 2 glasses and give one to Elensar to drink. I raise my glass to Elensar "Yuletide greetings Miss and pardon me I think I will try to mingle with others Enjoy" I smile at Elensar.

Elmix
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008 16:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great to see you are already here, Lady Richgrams. I hope you are enjoying the ball.

Elmix did not manged to greet more Cumbrians as Lady Smom came to meet him and introduced him with her fiance Sir Lerendus.

As he returned the salute to Sir Lerendus, he again get a word. It is honor to meet you, Sir. I have heard just good about you.

As Lady Smom made sure all soldiers were granted a glass of wine to start celebrating, he continued.

The men are brave, thank you for asking Sir Lerendus. Just miss to be home with their families and their beloved ones. So i am very grateful for the nice invitation from Lady Smom.

Then turning to Lady Smom. Unfortunately Lady Mini is not with me right now, she went to Lancaster to get some food supplies for those brave men. I could not say no to that. She is very sweet and kind person. I have been missing her a lot and hope she will be able to get back here before i will have to leave.

After that he tried delicious wine he was offered by lady Smom.

Thank you Lady Smom, it is great to be here.

Squire_merks
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 03:11 Post subject: Reply with quote

With Meira on my arm and watching Ele skit around handing out fruit cake slices put a big smile on my face ...

having greeted Smom and a few of the other guests we come across elmix and a few of his men who seems to be right at home, drinking and laughing ....

Good day to you Elmix ... Good to see you here ... hope your doing well

I see one of the staff and wave him over ...

I have a few large boxes in the back of our sleigh ... could you get a couple of others together and take the boxes into the kitchen ... the kitchen staff will know what to do with it all ... thank you

I watch the young man talk to a couple of other staff and they head out the door ... a few minutes later I can see them loaded up and heading out to the back toward the kitchen ....

Come along dear I want you to see this .. I know you where wondering what I was doing in our bakery the other night ....

we walk in the kitchen just in time to see the boxes being opened ....

Pastries of all types are being placed on platers ....

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Cake_plater

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Cakes

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Cakes_3

I take a small sharp knife off the kitchen counter and cut the sides of the largest of the four boxes ....making short work of it .... and there before us ...

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Three-tiered_layered_cake

I was a little nervous of how it had traveled, even snow layered roads can be rough going but there it is ... just as it had been boxed ... I wide smile went across my face ...

Illynya
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 04:29 Post subject: Reply with quote

A messenger arrives with a letter and a very crumpled package.

To my family,

I apologize for not being here to join in your celebrations. It's very cold up here at Carlisle and my tent does little to keep out the wind, but my thoughts remain warm.
Braxton sends his wishes for a Merry Christosmas.

Love,

Illynya

P.S.
I hope the attached parcel reaches you in good order, I can never fully trust some of these messengers for having soft hands.

The package contains a trinket box for Richgrams, A brooch for Smom, a headband for Gilly and a toy knight for Rohnan.

Richgrams
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 08:10 Post subject: Reply with quote

Richgrams has gathered the children in front of the tree. She is about to deliver a most important message.
For my family, and all else who wish to listen. I will now read aloud the story of the Nativity, as written in the Bible.
Having finished reading, she continues:
Let us remember that this is why we are all here together.
Merry Christmas!

Lerendus
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 13:57 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus nodded at Elmix’s words. The men were homesick and that was normal and understandable. He had felt it before. To be away from home, friends, and family, particular during the holidays. It was completely understandable. He pursed his lips and looked firmly at Elmix, “It’s only normal that the men miss home.” He gave Elmix a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Turning his head at the sound of Grams’ reading to the children, Lerendus couldn’t help but smile at the sight. “Merry Christmas,” he says quietly to no one in particular as she finishes the story.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 22:33 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieran walks around and greets the guests as they arrive, wishing eveyrone a happy christmas as he hands out drinks and nibbles,,

Tasite
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 22:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

As usuall Tasite was late for Christmas dinner with friends. This time she had a good reason as she watches her son fidge with his clothes...Marius stop fidging dear.

Aww mama..Me no like this.

Giggling... I know dear but you look so cute. Beside I like for you to meet some of my friends and you can't do that without clothes. Giving him a quick wink, Tasite then turns to knock at the door, hoping she not to late to see everyone.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 36

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:50 am

Arial123
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 23:26 Post subject: Reply with quote

The last basket goes to Kirkoswald Castle where Smom, and some others that she knows, live. She was invited to the party that is being held here, but she knows she wont be able to act happyand be sociable so she sends this basket instead.

May Jah be with you all always. Here is a present to show that I have been thinking of you all.

~Priestess Arial~

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Jumbo_cookie_basket

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008 23:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen stand quietly at the back of the parlor near the big tree watching silently as people arrived, her hands clasped in front of her, she made a conscious effort not to fidget and bring attention to herself. Biting her lip she looked down at the floor letting her black hair slide over her shoulder and curtain her face slightly.

Her nervousness was back now, and she felt lost in a place where she really knew no one, she sighed sadly, she missed her parents more at the holiday's more than ever. Even though they had been gone for almost five years now, it was still hard for her during the Holiday's and now she was in a castle she did not know...surrounded by people she did not know.

She looked up and pushed her hair behind her ear slightly, her grayish eyes looking for a way to sneak un-noticed from the room, to go and try to find the nursery, but she knew there was a large chance that she would get lost in the big rooms...but looking around at the people she decided that it would be worth the risk.

So with a slight hesitation she inched her way around the edge of room heading for the entrance and hopefully to find the nursery.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008 15:47 Post subject: Reply with quote

As the happy evening progresses Smom can't help but smile at the gifts, the best being with those she cared for most. She dearly missed the absence of her children and knew they had reasons, good reasons for not coming or they would be here.

Still holding out hope her daughter Dawn and her granddaughter Mika would make it, she looks up when the next guest arrived. Seeing Tasite she could not help but excuse herself from her guests and went over to greet her.

"Tas, I have missed you my friend." looking down at the little fellow at her side, Smom lowers herself down to him "And you sir must be Marius. My how big you are now. Would you like a cookie and to go play with the other children?" Turning a bit she signals April to come over.

"April, if the children get out of hand or you simply want to gather them in a safe, child proof area the nursery upstairs has plenty of toys." looking around for Kaylen "I also think Kaylen is up there should you need assistance."

Having given her nanny April instructions and knowing the new Governess was most likely in the nursery she was confident the children would want for nothing while the Adults mingled.

"Now Tas I must introduce you to the new man in my life. And speaking of men ....Shall General Elson be joining us this evening?" hugging her friend "I invited Evan and Brianna and their family so they hopefully will be here shortly." leading Tas over to Lers "Was you trip here pleasant?"as they reach Lers, Smom pauses while she waits for a break in his conversation. "Lers dear." she waits for him to turn towards her before speaking "I want you to meet my good friend Tasite Ming." looking back at her friend "Tas, Lerendus Von Liechenstein, my fiance, whom Jah has blessed me by bringing into my life." reaching out her hand, she takes his hand into hers and squeezes it gently.

Tasite
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008 18:50 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smom, I have missed you too my friend. "Watching Marius as he smiles and walks over to Smom...."kookie, me love kookies." as he walks over to April and takes her hands. "Please my I have some kookies" he said looking up at her with his green eyes, as they walk away.

"Ok, that was easy" she giggles..... "I do beleive he looking more like his dad everyday." Then she hears Smom ask about Elson. No I don't think he will be joining us dear" hugging her "I hope they come, the kids love parties...... walking with her, as she leads them over to a very handsome men. "Yes my trip was very pleasent indeed..... curtsey lightly "Please to meet you Lerendus Von Liechenstein. I hope you know your getting a wonderful woman here." as she watches them together. Made her smile.

Arckangels
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008 19:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

Has poeples feast at the castle a messenger arrive at the castle to deliver a message to Richgram and Smom.

My ladys Sir. Arckangels wont be able to assist tonight celebration has he had to leave for lancaster county to forged an economic alliance whit appleby and kendal.But he ask me to bring this basket of fruits for the boths of you and he whish you all the best he will try to be back in penrith for the new years.

Once is duty done the messenger left the castle....

Lerendus
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008 19:47 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus bowed his head slightly and smiled as Smom took his hand in hers and squeezed gently, “Pleased to meet you as well Lady Tasite.” His smile brightened at the mention of how wonderful the woman by his side is. “Yes,” he said with a nod, “She seems to think she’s the blessed one, but I beg to differ.” Turning to look at Smom, his smile and his gaze softened, his hand still holding hers squeezed back gently as he said just above a whisper, “No one could ever take her place.”

Dawntherese
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008 22:00 Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon arriving at the Castle… much later then intended, Dawn and Fab hastened to the dining room. “Mmm, honey… the scents of Christmas.. mom’s been cooking!” Dawn laughed...winking at her husband. “Ok.. the cooks been cooking!”

Dawn’s eyes started to canvass the room filled with family and friends, searching for her mom’s face. Reaching for Mika’s hand, kissing her little fingers, she cooed to her… “soon you will meet gamma and great gamma.”

Suddenly Dawn saw her mom … their eyes met, and they were both smiling… and it was the exact same smile. Slipping her hand into Fab’s, they rushed over to greet her.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008 23:19 Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking just beyond Lerendus, Smom gasps "They are here." squeezing Lers's hand with excitement now as she sees her daughter and son in law approach. In Dawns arms is the most precious of guests this Christmas, her first Granddaughter Mika.

"Excuse me Tasite my grandbaby is here." meeting Dawn and Fab half way she hugs Fab first, then a bit more carefully she hugs her daughter while she is holding the baby.

"Merry Christmas. Having you all here is such a blessing." Smiling ear to ear now with total joy "Dawn, Solumn and Illynya could not be here however your brother Kieran is around here somewhere. The twins were last seen getting cookies with Marius, Tasite and Elson Ming's son, and the Nanny." pulling Lers a bit closer "And this is Lerendus, my fiance whom I have written you of. I do hope you can get to know him a bit while we are here. But... you must let me hold my grand baby and come see your grandmother, you will just make her day." holding her arms out, she waited for her granddaughter to be placed in her arms before leading the way to Richgrams.

Caitilin
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 00:20 Post subject: Reply with quote

Caitilin rode through cold and snow from the north. The Carlisle node was dark and lonely. She longed for the warmth of family during the holiday season. Cait had never been so far from home and family. Even though she was with her brother, Wraithe, it was not the same as being at home in the glow of the season. Her mare, Moondancer, was swift and strong but even she was showing signs of fatigue.

As she reached the castle's stables, Cait dismounted and pulled her woolen cloak around her. She led Dancer into a nearby stall and removed the saddle and bridal. The mare shook her mane as though glad to be free. After she groomed her horse, Cait dug deep in her satchel for the customary treat, a large apple, which they shared.

The snow was falling softly, as Caitilin made her way to the castle door. The lights from within made her smile and warmed her heart. I made her think of home and the people she longed to be with.

There was another reason she joined her extended family this season. Cait wished to be baptized and arrangements were being made to make that happen. She could find peace in the arms of Jah. She wanted the kind of peace that she would only find there.

Caitilin rapped on the large castle door and was greeted by a servant. The rooms within were warm and inviting. Her face was cold and flushed with red from her night ride. She was shown to the dinning room where she saw her Aunt Smom. To be among family was more than Cait could hope for this far away from home. "Merry Christmas to you my dear aunt. I brought you a small gift. I found these along the rode and kept then safe until I could preset then to you. I think they are the last of the season. Thank you for the invitation."

Caitilin handed her aunt the wild roses she had cut for her. [RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Redwildroses-1

Richgrams
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 01:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Richgrams saw Dawn & Smom coming towards her, and then she spotted Caitilin who had just come in from the cold.
So good to see you all. It's wonderful that you could celebrate with us Caitilin. Richgrams gave Caitilin a big hug,
Were either of your brothers able to take a break also?
Seeing the precious little bundle in Smom's arms, she extended her own to be passed the little one.
And you must be Mika. I am so happy to see you here, Dawn.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 02:08 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus could hear the excitement in Smom’s voice and from the way she squeezed his hand there was no doubt about it. He turned and saw Dawn and her husband enter and was quickly dragged over by Smom pleading for her to slow down before she twists his hand off at the wrist. Catching up to her as they make their way to Dawn and Fab he smiles as Smom introduces them. He gazed down softly into Smom’s arms as the tiny bundle was passed over to her. Wrapping his arms around her waist and following her over to Grams’ as little Mika was passed over again.

Dawntherese
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 04:13 Post subject: Reply with quote

“Merry Christmas mom, it’s great to be here celebrating the holidays… and to meet this wonderful man in your life.” Dawn extended her hand to Lerendus… “It’s so very nice to meet you… and this little missy is Mika...” she said, smiling as she laid her daughter in her mom’s arms.

“Did I hear you say Tas is here? I’ll have to find her later, as well as Kieran.” Once again, her eyes… searching for familiar faces as she and Fab were led to her Grandmother.

“Grams! … so happy to see you!” she barely spoke the words when another person approached. Stepping back for a moment while Grams shared a hug with her, she then watched as her grandmother held Mika for the first time.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 04:31 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen resisted the urge to grin as she left the room quietly and without being noticed, but even though she did not grin she did sigh in relief, being in a room full of people that she did not know was nerve wracking. But as she had overcome one obstacle, she still had to find the nursery...

Straightening her shoulders she looked around the great hall and decided that the nursery was probably upstairs somewhere...maybe...hopefully. She bit her lip and with determination she set off up the stairs to wander the many corridors in search of the elusive nursery

Wraithe
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 15:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraithe arrived to the castle wearing his finely pressed dress uniform.
Wraithe after seeing his trusty steed shadowfox in the capable hands
of a stable hand, walks to the castle door and knocks on the door.

Wraithe thanked Smom for her hospitality,
and gives his aunt a giant hug.

Wraithe smile and shakes Lerendus's and Tastite's hand.
Thank you for being here I'm sure it means alot to my sister.

Wraithe smiles to Arial123. "Today is an important day, thank you."

Wraithe gives his sister a giant hug. "Hey Sis,
you impressed I didnt pick a fight on my way here this time."

Wraithe tries to ignore the smell coming from the kitchen,
trying to be polite, but he has been on the road for a very long time
with the army, and hard tact is starting to get old.
Wraithe thinks about exploring to find the kitchen,
with slight drool running down his cheek.
Sometime I will have to ask Arial123 how to avoid temptation,
but for the moment lets sneak a peak in the kitchen.

Caitilin
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008 16:59 Post subject: Reply with quote

Caitilin hugged Grams back. The warmth of her greeting made Cait feel welcome and at home. She greeted Lerendus with a firm hand shake and a kiss on his cheek. The joy she saw in her aunt's face as she held the small child made her eyes mist a little. Taking a deep breath to recover her composure, Cait turn to answer Grams. "Thank you, Grams. It is a pleasure to be here. I do believe that Wraithe was able to get away and join us here." She no more than spoke the words and her brother entered. Cait could see that he was very interested in the aromas that wafted in the air.

She excused herself from the happy family group and made her way to Wraithe. Hugging him fiercely, she grinned. "Happy Cristmas my dear brother. I know what you are looking for, my Captain. Perhaps you and I should find the scullery and test out the fare. We need to protect all of our family from any treachery. So we should taste everything to make sure that it is safe for consumption." Cait giggled and hugged him again and whispered. "Thank you for being here for me."

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 37

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 am

Lerendus
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008 04:28 Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotting a guest and Caitlin slip out of the living room to the kitchen Lerendus realizes that the guests must be starting to get hungry. Catching a whiff of the aroma drifting out of the kitchen his stomach growled. He turned a shade of bright red as he placed a hand over his protesting stomach. Think it's about time to eat. Moving over by the door to the dinning room he held it open waving his arm to catch everyone's attention before calling out across the room, "Please join us for dinner everyone, if you're hungry!"

Oda_marius
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008 06:47 Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaching the castle he had missed for so long, Oda rode up to the stables hoping to see Richard, but was a little disapointed to see no one was there. Instead of heading towards the front door, he proceded towards his office near the lake. I wonder if its still in there.

Reaching his Office, Oda walked in and went straight to his desk. Opening one of the drawers, he pulled out a small book and opened it. He smiled as he pulled a small peice of paper out of it and placed it ino his pocket.

He took a half bottle of whiskey off the side, poured a small glass and drank it in one, replacing the bottle before he set off to the castle.

Dawntherese
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008 14:18 Post subject: Reply with quote

DawnTherese stood watching Lerendus for a few seconds before speaking. ‘”Do you have a dinner bell in your jacket pocket?” she whispered. “I’m afraid the guests are so immersed in conversation, they are missing your dinner signal… just announce the bar is closed… you’ll get their attention,” she teased.

“All joking aside Lerendus… I’m very happy for you and my mother. Jah showered you with blessings the day the two of you found each other. I can see she is genuinely happy and positively glowing. Her smile has always been contagious, but now… it’s constant and brighter. I realize the birth of Mika has made her extremely happy… but with you… she is beyond happy.” Dawn saw him smiling, as his eyes sought out her mother among the guests.

With perfect timing, Fab, holding their baby daughter, joined Dawn’s side. Bending down to rub Mika’s nose with her own, she gave her kisses on her little cheeks. Smiling, Dawn looked up at Fab and asked, “How did you EVER manage to get Mika away from mom and grams?”

Majestic9468
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009 04:44 Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Lerendus say it was time to eat. I was famished and went to the table took my seat and waited for the prayer to be said before getting my food. I motion others to go to the table letting them know it was time to eat.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009 21:52 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus frowned, besides a couple, no one had responded to his call for dinner. He looked over at Dawn and chuckled at her closing the bar comment. Perhaps. He turned and looked at Dawn, "Jah certainly blessed me when he brought her into my life." He looked out over the guests and found her among the crowd, and she was certainly glowing. But she was always glowing to him. He smiled watching her play with Mika, "You and Fab did good, she's a beautiful baby."

As Fab came over with Mika, Lerendus reached out with a finger and tickled her.

Dawntherese wrote:“How did you EVER manage to get Mika away from mom and grams?”

"He traded for her with chocolates," he threw out as a joke, laughing lightly before turning towards the dining room, "I think I should go grab that dinner bell."

Nodding towards Majestic, who was already in his seat waiting patiently, he grabbed the dinner bell and returned to the living room. Holding it up he rang it, inviting everyone to sit down with them for dinner.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2009 02:24 Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving Mika asleep with her Mum while she went and talked to a few more guests, she lost track of time. Hearing the dinner bell she looked over and saw Lers looking towards her. Seeing the look in his eyes she could not help but smile at him. Turning to those she was speaking with.
“Shall we go eat? I hear the chef has put forth her best in honor of our guests from the Armies. I am so happy they could join us for the Holidays.” Leading the way she continues to speak “Who would have known having a castle so close to the border would come in handy like this.”

Upon reaching the doorway for the dining room beyond she sees Lers waiting for her at her seat. Arriving at her place he pulls the chair out for her before she takes her seat, noticing the other men present doing the same for the female guests.
“Thank you Lers. Doesn’t the meal look wonderful?” reaching for his hand she gives it a gentle loving squeeze as he sits at the head of the table. After all are seated she stands and leads them in a prayer.

“Jah, we pray that we may be truly grateful for the many, many blessings we enjoy this day. The family and friends we are surrounded with, the air we breathe, the fresh water to quench our thirst, the beauty of this world where we live. In the world around us there are many who are hungry, some without homes, suffering health problems, experiencing war, lonely and without direction. We pray for your guidance and protection for those people who are giving of their time and money to help those in need. We pray for our Army's men and women who are giving their time and even their lives
serving their county working to make a better place in your world for thousands of people.
We ask for protection for us and our country from the likes of JO, the WOS and others like them.
Guide our country's leaders toward peace. We ask your blessing on the food that has been prepared for us. Thank you for the hands that have prepared it. Help us to live a life of cheerfulness and have faith in all that is good. May we be worthy of it. Amen”

Taking her seat once more she looks at those around her she calls her family and can’t help but feel like the luckiest woman alive to have them in her life, gazing upon each face and the happy memories of days gone by spent with them. Snapping back to real time, Lers asks if she would like some wine, her smile never fading as she says “Yes, I would love some.”

Majestic9468
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009 21:56 Post subject: Reply with quote

I close my eyes as Shriekersmom gives the blessing before we eat. As she is giving blessings ..I give my blessings to my family wherever they are. As she says amen....

AMEN!

I wait patiently for the food to be passed around.

Suddenly I remembered I needed to do something. I excused myself from the table and called the Messenger. I told the Messenger to go to my home and get some Vension and some herbs both cooking and medical and some furs for Arial. I instructed him to take them to Arial's home with this
letter....

Arial

Thanks for the basket of goodies. I gave you some goodies as well. Hope these will be handy for you. Happy Holidays.

Majestic McGinnis

Then I send the Messenger away. I return to the table and start getting some food to eat.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 08:10 Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as dinner is over Smom excuses herself and takes the twins up to the Nursery. Before entering, she turns to them "Rohnan and Gillianna, I hope you did not think Mummy would forget your birthday. Close your eyes as your presents are in the next room." waiting for them to close their eyes, she walks them into the Nursery playroom where their gifts are waiting.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 08:55 Post subject: Reply with quote

Rising from his seat as dinner comes to a close with everyone's belly full Lerendus thanks all the guests for coming and for their wonderful gifts. Once all the everyone has left and said their goodbyes, Lerendus makes his way up to the nursery for the children's birthday. Suppressing a grin as best he could, knowing the surprise waiting for them, he joined Smom at her side slipping an arm around her waist, waiting for the children to do as they were told and close their eyes.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 09:07 Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at her brother as she gets excited "Cover your eyes Rohan. No peeking"

--_rohnan
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 09:13 Post subject: Reply with quote

"And how can you tell I am Gilly? Your peeking too." he sticks his tongue out at his sister "Sides I am older than you and am allowed" suddenly he remembers his Mum and Lers are right there and looks up and smiles before covering his eyes again.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 09:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the children argue Lerendus smiles and chuckles lightly before turning and staring at Smom. "You think maybe we should blindfold them?" he asks in jest with a light chuckle. Slipping behind the two he puts a hand on each of their little backs, "C'mon you two," he urges, gently pushing them forward towards the playroom. Situating them in front of a basket he kneels down behind them, and with excitement in his own voice he whispers in their ears, "You can open your eyes now!"

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Papillon-puppy5

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 11:33 Post subject: Reply with quote

Following them all into the playroom she looked over at the rocking horse she had made for them

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Lucy20Grey20B220Splash

Turning her attention back to the children and Lers as he gives them the puppy. Smiling she wondered who was more excited the twins or Lers. Watching the 3 of them rolling around on the floor with the tiny puppy she could not help but think of the future and many more moments like this.

"Any ideas for a name?" she asked all three.

-_rohnan
PostPosted: -04 Jan 2009 11:38 Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the puppy his manners went out the window "Puppy!"getting down on his knees, then tummy, as he rolls around with the puppy as it licks his face, he can't help but giggle.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 11:49 Post subject: Reply with quote

Squealing in delight as she opens her eyes and sees the puppy, turning she wraps her arms around Ler's neck, almost choking him as she hugs him really tight.
"Thank you sooooooo much." letting go she looks up at her Mum "Look Mama Lers got us a puppy." getting a real serious look on her face "Can we keep it?"

When her mother nods yes, she lets out another squeal of delight and joins her brother on the floor with Lers joining them soon after.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 38

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:16 am

Lerendus
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 12:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Her, Gilly," Lerendus corrected her as he rolled around with them, ruffling the puppy's fur, "The puppy's a her." Suddenly sitting up, baffled by what to name the puppy, he turned and looked at Gilly, "Any ideas?" In all his excitement he had forgotten entirely about her name. He looked over at Smom, a blank expression on his face, before waving the question aside. They could come up with a name later, but now he wanted to enjoy the moment with them. He reached out and grabbed hold of Smom's hand and pulled her down with them, pushing the little puppy into her arms, laughing as she licked her face.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2009 12:47 Post subject: Reply with quote

Her skirt going all over as she joins her family on the playroom floor, Lers laughing as the puppy licks her face then scampers off to the children, she can't help but laugh as well.
"Seems your gift is a big hit my love." she says and without thinking kisses him "I love you." as soon as she says it it dawns on her she kissed him in front of the children. Turning to them she is glad to see they are too busy playing with the puppy to have noticed.
"You know Lers you will have to marry me one of these days so we can really be a family." she teases "Unless you don't want a puppy in the family?"
At this both children stop and look at him.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 01:50 Post subject: Reply with quote

"And why wouldn't I want a puppy in the family?" he retorted, pretending to be hurt by such a preposterous statement. Kissing her again lightly right in front of the children, fully aware that they are now watching, "I bought that puppy after all." Feigning a suddenly realization he looked at her with a serious face, "What if you don't want the puppy?" He put on a face of disbelief, before it turned into a silly grin as he wrapped his arms around her.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 03:44 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh the puppy and the children I will surely take, sir. It is you that is in question." turning to the children "Should we take Sir Lers as well? Think he is a keeper? He does buy nice puppies. What do you think should we keep him as a Daddy?"tickling Lers as he has his arms around her. The children seeing she is joking around look at one another.

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 03:53 Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrinkling up her nose thinking hard as Sir Lers questions her Mum again about the puppy, then her Mum speaks of a new Daddy. She looks hard at Sir Lers then at her brother, nodding with no words spoken, as twins often don't need any between them.
Suddenly she springs up and tackles Sir Lers "We keep him too." joining in on the tickling and laughing while the new puppy jumps all over them, licking, nipping and yipping.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 04:43 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen was utterly and hopelessly lost. She pushed her hair out of her face and looked around narrowing her dark eyes, putting her hands on her hips she turned in a small circle looking every which way. It was very annoying to her that she had gotten herself lost. She didn't want to appear incompetent. She huffed a sigh and looked up at the ceiling closed her eyes and took a deep breath...she was about to exhale when she heard laughter.

Biting her lip she wasted no time moving in that direction she only hoped she wouldn't look a fool to who ever it was that was there. She had kinda hoped to run into Kieran again, but apparently fate wasn't listening to her wishes.

Walking quickly yet quietly down the hall she finally came to a stop as she heard voices, taking a deep breath she moved towards the door and stopped, as she took in the scene, this was obviously the nursery, and there stood her charges, the Lady Morgan, and she closed her eyes trying to remember the man's name, she was really bad with names. Opening them again, she couldn't help the smile that bloomed across her face, they made the perfect looking family...it was then she noticed the puppy, and she wondered if she would be in charge of the small puppy as well.

Not wanting to get caught spying she coughed softly and entered the room, she hadn't been nervous till now, and she sighed softly hopefully she wouldn't stay nervous.

--Rohnan_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 04:44 Post subject: Reply with quote

Bending over in laughter as everyone jumps on top of Lers, Rohnan runs after his sister and the new puppy screeching, "Yes! Let's keep him too!" as he throws himself onto the growing pile, digging his little hands in to join the tickling.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 04:57 Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling over pulling Smom over him, trying to avoid her tickling fingers, Lerendus lets go of his grasp on her as he frantically tries to pry her fingers away. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" he pleads in between laughter, gasping for air. Turning his head as Gilly’s voice rings out from off to the side, Lerendus catches a glimpse of her flying at him, and cries out, "Gilly, nooo!" Shutting his eyes, as she flings her little body onto the pile, he lets out a grunt and slowly opens his eyes only to find Rohnan charging at him as well. "No Rohnan!" he yelled out, but too late. Rohnan was already in the air and plummeting onto the group. Groaning as Rohnan adds his weight in, Lerendus looks up at Smom and with a raspy, exasperated sigh, "I surrender…you can keep me." A sudden cough at the door drew his attention as he turned his head to see who it was. Seeing the new governess Lerendus gently pushed everyone off him, and sat up, rising slowly to his feet. Reaching out and helping Smom onto her feet he smiled at Kaylen, "Welcome to the nursery."

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 06:05 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen giggled she couldn't help it, the site was so funny, covering her mouth with her hand her brown eyes sparkling with laughter. "Thank you." she said softly, grinning still.

She briefly wondered if she would ever have that kind of...moment. Smiling softly she curtsied to Lerendus and Smom. She was actually not sure of proper protocol, but she knew she would learn in time.

Crouching down she held her hand out to the puppy, then looked at the two children. "Have you named..." she looked at the puppy closely "her?"

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 06:34 Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillianna gets up right after her Mum and Sir Lers. Watching the lady who just entered the room, trying but unable to remember her name. Imitating her she tries to curtsy back but fails and falls on her backside.
Starting a pouting cry as it hurts she suddenly stops as she is distracted by the Ladies question.

Kaylen wrote:"Have you named..." she looked at the puppy closely "her?"

"Puppy?" she answers.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 08:20 Post subject: Reply with quote

She smiled and tilted her head..."That's a nice name, but have you asked...her what she wanted to be named?" Kaylen asked softly, the puppy probably didn't care what it was named as long as it was fed and kept warm. But Kaylen was curious to see how big of an imagination Gilly had.

--Rohnan_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 08:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

The laughters die down and Rohnan slowly climbs back up to his feet watching the new lady curiously. As Gilly curtsied he remembered his manners and bowed, only to catch Gilly fall on her backside out of the corner of his eye, making him double over in laughter. His laughter slowly diminished listening to the lady ask his sister what to name the puppy. He sat down on the floor, his face pouting in concentration as he tried to think up a name.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 08:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen kept her face serious with some effort at the little boy's concentration, lowering herself to the floor with the children she folded her legs sideways and reached out to pet the puppy. She bit her lip...realizing she didn't know his name, she had met Gilly in the kitchens, but hadn't met him yet. This was going to be fun trying to this out...

Brushing her hair out of her face she smiled softly at the furball that didn't want to be still. "He has alot of energy...just like you two."

--Gillianna
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 08:45 Post subject: Reply with quote

Crinkling her nose again as she pondered the ladies words. Going over to her favorite little chair she sat thinking hard 'how do you speak puppy?'.
"Humf" she gets up and walk over to the puppy"Arf woof arf arf" she barks at the puppy who looks at her and tilts it's little head before yipping back at her.
Gilly starts laughing as she thinks the puppy understood her but she did not back. Not wanting the lady to think she could not speak puppy she tilted her chin up a bit and looked at the Lady and said "She said her name is Holly Puppy." her little eyes not looking away as she wants to see if she gets away with her lie. Involving her brother, as twins often stick together "Right Rohnan?"

--Rohnan_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 08:54 Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Rohnan looked over at his sister and nodded vigorously, a bright silly gring on his face, glad he no longer had to think so hard. "Yes, puppy says her name is Holly!" he exclaimed excitedly, rushing over by Holly putting his little hand on her furry body and petting her.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 39

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 am

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 09:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

She watched Gilly 'talk' to the puppy and her eyes lit up with laughter, well...if she wanted to make believe she could talk to the puppy...then so be it. "Holly is a pretty name. But not as Pretty as Gilly." she said rubbing the puppy's ear.

Kaylen looked up from her place in the floor at Smom and Lerendus and smiled...OH...yes that was his name Lerendus. Of course how could she have forgotten. With a mental shake of her head she turned her attention back to the children.

It was getting rather late, and she wondered if they had a set time when they went to bed, she would have to learn all of these things and fast if she wanted to keep her job. Smiling at Rohnan she smiled at him. "I don't think we have met before kind sir. I am Kaylen, I'll be your..." she trailed off wondering if they would understand the meaning of what a governess was. "Your friend and teacher."

--Rohnan_
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2009 10:37 Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping to his feet and bowing as he is addressed, Rohnan rose back up from the bow and stood tall and straight, very proud that he remember his manners. "I'm Rohnan," he said very pleased with himself, puffing his tiny chest out, "What will you be teaching?" he asked curiously, tilting his head slightly.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009 00:44 Post subject: Reply with quote

She grinned at Rohnan and watched him bow and from her position on the floor she bowed to him as well. "It is a pleasure to meet you Rohnan." she said in her slightly accented voice. She thought for a moment then her head tilted as well. "Well when you get older I will teach you to read and right, and do arithmetic. And I will teach you the ways of court and what is proper and what is not proper." she said nodding thoughtfully.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 07:30 Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the exchange between Rohnan and Kaylen she knew she hired the right person. Turning and smiling at Lers then back at the exchange as Kaylen explains what she will be teaching the children to Rohnan. As soon as she finished she drew their attention.

"Little ones, I think we should settle little 'Holly' down for the night for it is past your bedtime as well." watching the pouts on their faces she held firm "The sooner you sleep the sooner you may get up and play with the puppy." stepping back as the children run towards their room yelling for April, as she normally helped them get ready for bed.

"If you two would excuse me I would like to get them ready for bed this evening. April has her hands full elsewhere tonight." turning to Kaylen "I am so pleased you are here. Please make yourself comfortable and do let us know if you need anything anything at all. You are not a employee but now part of our family please try to make yourself at home." looking at the young woman who seemed a bit confused by her ease "I will expect a more formal exchange while we are in public but while at home please call me Smom and think of me as a friend. I do hope we can be such in time. As you know your cousin Meira was the twins first Nanny, now my cousin and friend. You never know what our future might bring." looking at Lers "Sometimes some of the most wonderful things are right there in front of you just waiting to happen." smiling at him and thinking once more how lucky she was to be his.
"If you wish, I would love to join you both downstairs whenI am finished here for a glass of mulled wine?" not waiting for a formal answer she turned to follow the twins, scooping Holly up along the way.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 08:22 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen looked up as Smom spoke and bit her lip to keep from laughing at the pouts that appeared on both of the little one's faces. She looked momentarily puzzled as they called for April, but she quickly hid it, she would know she supposed soon enough who April was.

She was still on the floor when Smom turned to her and began to talk, she smiled and listened as she put her feet beneath her and stood slightly off balanced, but managing not to fall...this time. She tucked her dark hair behind her ears as she listened, her head tilting slightly to the side.

Her brown eyes widened as she took in what Smom was saying, this was...quiet unusual, Kaylen knew this but she had no objections, oh she knew she would be uncomfortable with the familiarity at first, but maybe that would pass. When she spoke of a more formal exchange in public Kaylen nodded slightly. "Of course, it is only proper." she hesitated for a second before saying "...Smom"

She looked at Lerendus when Smom did, and wondered briefly what hidden meaning her words had, and if she would ever know. She didn't get a chance to accept or decline the Lady's offer as she watched her follow after the twins.

Kaylen breathed deeply and for a moment took a closer look around the Nursery. It was pleasant and warm, unlike some nursery's that seemed cold and foreboding. Then brushing off some dust from her dress she looked at Lerendus and uttered a nervous laugh. "If you don't mind, would you lead the way downstairs? she looked away a bit embarrassed her next words were soft laced with her French accent "I almost did not find the Nursery...I kind of got lost, and I have no desire to do so again. " Looking up at him again she gave a slightly crooked grin. "I'm good at getting lost, very bad at directions and things." she said by way of explanation.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 09:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus smiled softly as Smom looked at him. Indeed, sometimes the most wonderful things are right there in front of you…just waiting to happen. His eyes glanced away for a moment, off into the vast distance, reminiscing on how it happened; so quickly, so naturally, there was never any doubt in his heart and mind, it could only be right. As the world slowly returned to surround him once more, the smile on his lips faded away leaving a peaceful contentment in its place. He sighed a lovely sigh for her as she left the room then turned to Kaylen and listened patiently, nodding slowly at her explanation. “Yes,” he said quietly, “I think it best if I lead the way.” He stepped past her, expecting that she will follow. At the door he paused, “Kaylen?” he turned slowly to face her, “Welcome to the family.” Swiveling around on his heels he walked out of the nursery, winding through the hallways, and down the stairs to the living room.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 09:41 Post subject: Reply with quote

She made to follow him and come up short when he stopped and turned. A smile bloomed on her face "Thank you." she said as she quickly followed him out of the room, careful not to walk on his heels, but also careful not to get to far away from him so she couldn't get lost.

As they entered the living room she looked around, the fire was crackling cheerfully in the fireplace, the tree looked big and green and very pretty to Kaylen, it was bigger than anything her family had ever had, though, tilting her head she decided that she liked the more simple smaller tree's she had as a girl. Though this one was pretty, it was rather large...and elaborate...given half the chance she knew she'd walk by it and stumble causing it to tumble down.

She walked to stand in front of the fire and she stared into the flames, slightly uncomfortable, and unsure of what to say, and she felt the awkward silence stretching, so she decided to say something..."So... Sir Lerendus are the Twin's the only Children ....Smom has? she had a slight hesitation using his given name...not sure if the same rule applied to him as it did Smom.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 39 Cont.

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 am

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 10:03 Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting the twins ready for bed and tucked in she sat in a chair between their beds and remembered a fairy tale her mother used to tell her when she was small. She often did not have time to tuck in her children but was grateful every time she could so she made it a wonderful memorable time for them all.

Clearing her throat "Tonight I will tell you the story of the Soup Princess." siting there she recited the story to them......

Long, long ago, in a kingdom far away, lived the beautiful Princess Effy who lived with her widowed father the king in a palace on top of a hill.

Effy was just as a princess should be, beautiful, clever, polite, a little smaller than most girls her age and maybe just a little stubborn (if she felt she wasn’t getting what she wanted), and there was one thing she wanted more than anything in the world… more than her 5 white horses… more than her 20 silk dresses … even more than her 50 pairs of hand-made shoes….

SOUP

The beautiful Princess Effy liked soup… no… she LOVED soup… vegetable soup meat soup , thin soup, thick soup, hot soup, cold soup, spicy soup , bland soup, cream soup.. (Well you get the idea).

Now no-one really knows why Effy liked soup so much – but many say it was because of what happened to her when she was a little girl.

Effy had sneaked out of the palace and was playing on a frozen lake nearby, as she played, she slipped, and fell through some thin ice, into freezing water.

She would have drowned too, if she hadn’t been saved by two little boys, who dragged her to safety.

The three would have become great friends, but the boys began arguing (totally ignoring the shivering princess) and before the princess could thank them she was rushed back to the palace and given a pot of soup to keep warm.

As she ate that soup she thought of the two boys that had saved her and enjoyed the soup VERY much… ever since that day, she would have soup whenever she could.

The years passed by and as it approached the Princesses 21st Birthday the Kings thoughts – as Kings thoughts often do – turned to the marriage of his only daughter and finding a suitable prince for Effy.

The King was a gentle and loving man, often skipping important state events in order to help Effy with her riding or hand delivering some soup whilst she painted her pictures… of soup.

When she wasn’t eating soup she was riding the horses around the estate... she loved everything in her life, but she found the suitors her father presented to her, boring and uninteresting.

She loved her father very much, but could not marry for his sake....she wanted someone special....and she could wait!.

Effy was very clever and she had an idea…as she loved her father and knew how important this was to him, she agreed to marry on one condition;

The man she would marry would have to be able to cook the best soup in the world.

The King pondered over this for some time…scratching his long beard deep in thought….it was more difficult than the King had first thought, after all Effy was rather an expert on the subject.

The King looked over his glasses and his daughter and smiled…

“Do you Know…” he said in his soft but deep voice..

“I think that is a very good idea !”

The King set about telling the Kingdom… delivering posters across the land – offering his daughters hand in marriage if a man could cook the world’s perfect soup.

Of course there was great interest, the sales of cookery books shot up, food shelves were bare, as would-be chefs tried hard to perfect the “best soup in the world”.

Now to a chef, this was a challenge, and especially to Barry Gorge who was one of the best Chef’s in the land …who, as it happened, lived in the local town.

Barry was not an unattractive man – but he cared not to impress people through the way he looked, he wanted to be appreciated for the way he cooked.. !

He had watched the trail of chefs, princes and would-be Kings march up the hill with hopes high, only to return a few minutes later with sad faces and empty bowls.

Barry spent this time perfecting his soup, years of practice and a good reputation made him the favourite in the race to make Effy his wife.

Truth be told, Barry had no interest in Effy, his dream was to be recognized as the best chef in the land and this was his big chance.

Three weeks had past and the King was getting frustrated with the delay, he watched over Effy as every hopeful, bowed gracefully, passed over a bowl of soup, and waited.

They were often too excited to watch, as Effy always scoffed the lot! (After all, she liked good soup and bad soup).

The King of course would know straight away the outcome, Effy did not have to speak, she pushed the bowl away and wiped her mouth, she would screw up her nose like a mouse and say “thankyou that was nice… but I have tasted better”

When it came to Barry’s turn there was a buzz that went around the palace, crowds gathered and wished him well as he began the long walk up the hill to the palace.

Those that didn’t know him would have thought he was the strangest of characters, a scruffy looking fellow …red faced … huffing and puffing as he climbed…as it did after all, take him longer than most….he soon began to regret the years of sampling his own cooking !

He may have been scruffy, he may have been out of breath, but Barry was confident……..the palace staff were confident ……..the King was confident, even little Effy was expecting something good!

Effy produced her special spoon and took a little of the soup and smelt it, she smiled, the King smiled, Barry nodded (feeling smug).
She closed her eyes and took a sip….

“Hmmmm lovely” she said.

The King clapped… the servants in the palace cheered…

but as the King went to shake Barrys hand, Effy interrupted them.

“But…” she said, paused then quietly “…there’s something missing….”

Barry could not believe his ears, he became very red and very cross, very quickly (as chefs do !)

“Something missing ?!?” he shouted.

He pushed away the platter and bowl and stomped out of the palace, barging all of the servants out of his way.

The servants went back to their work, the King forced a smile, turned his back, and went up to bed.

Only Effy remained at the table trying to save the soup which had been tipped on the table, after all, it was good soup!

From outside the royal windows a shadowy figure stared at the princess, and then disappeared following the Chef into the town.

Barry was fuming, he didn’t notice the servants he pushed out of the way, or the crowds waiting for him in the town, or the “King Barry” posters that had been put up outside his restaurant.

He also didn’t notice the shadowy figure follow him down the dark alley behind the large kitchen of his restaurant.

As he entered the Kitchen through the back door he sat down collapsing against his pots and pans, his head in his hands.

He must have fallen asleep as he was suddenly startled by a noise in the yard – he jumped up with a start and crept towards the door with a wooden spoon and glass mixing bowl - ready to confront what he thought was a stray dog that was scrounging for titbits thrown by the kitchen staff.

He opened the back door and went into the yard.

Nothing.

As he re-entered the kitchen and closed the door behind him he came face to face with the mysterious stranger….he dropped the bowl…

SMASHHHHHH!!!!!!

Only it was no stranger to Barry Gorge, this was Frank.

Frank was Barrys brother.

There there eyes met – Frank younger, slightly taller, and considerably slimmer than Barry was dressed in some smart, bright, foreign looking clothes. Although he would never admit it, he was a handsome man and stood confidently in front of his elder brother.

Barry and Frank were not the best of brothers; they had fought all their lives, each one believing that they were better than the other.

They had the same interests, played the same sports but never agreed on anything.

Frank had left the town as soon as he was old enough to travel on his own.

Frank like Barry was also a chef and had spent the last 5 years travelling the world, collecting spices and flavours from every country he visited, storing them in leather pouches hanging from his thick leather belt.

Frank tried to explain how he had seen the posters and thought that he would like to make a soup for the princess, he also explained how he had watched from the window and saw the princess reject the soup.

Barry could not listen to any more, he didn’t want his brother teasing him about his soup.

Frank went on to say ,how his heart leapt when he saw the princess, how beautiful Effy was, and how in love he had fallen, but Barry had disappeared upstairs before he could finish talking.

Frank spent the night using the kitchen and spare food to create his masterpiece – he wanted more than anything to impress Princess Effy, he took off his belt and used the spices in large quantities to give the soup a special zing!

Unfortunately, he was not a great chef, in fact, he was quite terrible, but believing love will find a way he marched up to the Palace gates and knocked firmly on the Palace door.

As it was so early, only the princess was awake and wandering the palace.

When Effy opened the door she instantly fell in love with Frank, she had never felt the same about anything before (apart from soup of course).

She invited him in and called to her father without taking her eyes off of Frank.

Now the King was unsure of Frank, he could see that her daughter was impressed by this man but rules were rules.

If he could not create the best soup in the world, he would not be allowed to marry Effy.

As the table was prepared and the soup brought forward, he watched Effy like a hawk – if this wasn’t a fantastic soup he would tell.

The soup was heated and brought to Effy.

The princess smiled at Frank and Frank smiled back, passing the bowl to her.

She took out her spoon and dipped it in the soup, she hoped more than anything that it would be the best soup.

Then just as she brought the spoon to her mouth…..the Palace door flung open..

“WAIT!!!”

It was Barry… he had been listening to Frank the night before, he had used a touch of Franks spices to his own recipe and once tested he had rushed to the palace just in time.

“FRANK” he said “You have the wrong soup… this is yours”

Effy looked at the two brothers and suddenly they both looked very familiar..these were the two boys that helped her out of the frozen lake all those years ago.

Frank was confused, but his brother was so insistent the soup swap was made the King, Effy and all of the servants believed him and the exchange was made.

Barry winked at Frank as he placed his soup on the table

The Princess took the bowl and tried the soup. Her eyes opened wide and she beamed as she said “That’s it!!! … The worlds best soup”.

The King looked closely and could tell his daughter was telling the truth – he couldn’t believe it.

“Congratulations my Son” he said and put his arm around Frank.

Frank took Effy in his arms and asked her to marry him. It didn’t take long for an answer…

“Oh Yes !!!” and before the month was out, they were married.

Frank never understood why Barry had come to his rescue, perhaps he wanted to see his brother happy, perhaps he wanted to prove that he could make the best soup in the world… with the right ingredients!

Whatever the reason one thing is for sure, they all lived, (as often they do in these stories), happily ever after.

THE END

As she reached the end of the story the children were asleep and she tucked them in kissing their foreheads lightly before heading downstairs to join the others.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 39 Cont.

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:14 am

Kieran88
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 11:02 Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally screwing his head into place, kieran relises that maybe he should lay off the booze for a while, he didnt relise he had slept all day and actually missed the twins birthday, he pulls himself out of bed and tried to remember where he had but their presents, Scatterling through the draws he finds them...

Heading to where the twins had just got to sleep, he looks at smom with an apologetic look, avoiding the evils he would get in return he goes to the foot of each of his little siblings beds and places his present..

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Plush_15_teddy_bear

placing the one with the bow with gilly and the other with rohnan.

Kieran stands back and smiles as he lookes at his little brother and sister happily asleep.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 11:14 Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as she was leaving Kieran entered, looking at her, making her heart melt even though she should be upset with him. As she watched him with his siblings she could not help but note how he reminded her of his father some days. Kieran Sr. would be proud of his children as she looked at all three, noting what each had of their fathers looks. As her eyes went back to LK she spoke "Mulled wine in the parlour, son?" smiling at him she offers her arm for him to follow and they go down together.

Kieran88
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 11:34 Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking with his mother he thinks to himself, 'wine?' his stomach churns a little of a bit more alcohol in his system, 'il think il stick with tea mum' he says as he follows.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 14:04 Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerendus flopped into a large soft armchair, sighing heavily as he sank into it. He looked around the room and smiled at the decorations, the only real Christmas he had had since…since a while. Had spent the past few Christmases staring out across a field at an unseen enemy, wondering what the next day will bring, wondering if they’ll see tomorrow, wondering if tomorrow will be their last. He remembers huddling around a fire with his men, wrapped in thick winter coats, shaking as the snow fell in windblown drifts. But in all the misery they would still have their Christmas. They would not allow the enemy to take that from them. They would not yield their ground, or their last bastion of home and comfort. They exchanged gifts, however small; they sang carols; and they told stories of their homes, their families, past Christmases. He looked out the window at the snow floating slowly down to blanket the ground in white, and thought of the troops out there now, huddled around a fire, and there was a twinge of guilt. He was here, sitting in a warm room, in a comfortable chair; and they, huddled in the cold and the snow. A voice by the fire pulled him from his thoughts. Kaylen. He had almost forgotten she was there. “No,” he said, a gentle smile returning to his face, “the twins are not her only children.” He chose not to delve too deeply. In time, she would come to meet each of them.

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009 20:13 Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at him as he spoke she nodded, she didn't ask more questions for she had no more, she turned and stared into the fire, and feeling familiar to her crept over her and she sighed softly. It was loneliness even in a room full of people still somehow she could feel lonely. She bit her lip, she had never been close to any of her family besides her parents, they were all that really connected her to the Hamilton's she had never even heard of her Cousin Meira until she sent that letter, she needed to respond to it...but she didn't know how. She was in all sense alone in her life after her parents had died almost five years ago. Christmas's where the hardest, because her parents always worked to make them special no matter what the circumstances.

Maybe one day she would have a family like Smom's but as she stared into the fire very lost in her thoughts she doubted she ever would. For she harbored a secret, that if any man ever got close enough to her, she would have to tell them, and then...they would leave.

Quickly shaking her head she discarded those thoughts before they made her cry, she could cry later perhaps. She glanced at Lerendus out of the corner of her eye, he was a quiet man, but it was obvious that he loved Smom. She hoped that one day she would look back on this first awkward day and be able to laugh. But right now she was nervous, and unsure of herself, even if she did hide it well.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 07:12 Post subject: Reply with quote

Entering the Parlor, slightly giggling as she was telling Kieran a story about his little siblings adventures in their new home in Preston. "...you really should come see the Mote. Those two really could use some more time with their big brother." looking up as she fishes her sentence she sees Kaylen looking a bit homesick and Lers relaxed as usual in a chair near the fire....lost in his own world...again.

"Well hello you two. Look who I found up in the nursery. Kaylen have you met my son Kieran? I am sorry if I forget as the last few days have been such a blur of activity. Shall we have some mulled..." looking at Kieran as his face pincches up as she is about to mention wine "cider?" kissing Kieran's cheek she whispers in his ear "Feel better kiddo."

Leaving Kieran's side, she steps over to the tree and kneels down picking up a present, a large box that she had hidden there in plain site as many thought it just for decoration. "Kaylen in all the commotion I never had a chance to give you your gift. This will come in handy till we can get you some more." standing and placing the box on the table for Kaylen to open."Merry Christmas Kaylen"

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Emptybox1

Inside the box can be found a dress and matching necklace.....

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 New%20colours%20July%202007%20070

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 07:37 Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaylen looked up blinking away the image of the flames and she stood slightly taller but also suddenly felt much more nervous, and the smile that lifted the corner's of her lips couldn't have been stopped even if she had tried, and she was trying, she didn't want to seem like a ...she couldn't think of the word. She cleared her throat slightly and looked at Smom, "Hello Smom, Aye I've met..Kieran." she said turning to look at him now. "Hello again Kieran." her eyes were downcast and she could feel the slightly blush that tinged her cheeks. So much for loosing her nervousness she thought.

She was looking at Kieran from under her lashes and telling herself not to trip over anything, when Smom said something and she blinked and turned toward her. When her words registered in Kaylen's mind her brown eyes widened, and she looked at the box on the table. "But...I didn't get a chance to get you anything." she whispered.

She walked over to the table and ran her hands over the pretty box before she pulled the ribbon and set it aside, lifting the top of the box she , stared down at the Necklace which was on top, taking it out and looking at it, she bit her lip, she hadn't expected to receive anything, let alone something as nice as this.

Setting the necklace down on the table she carefully, as if it might disappear, lifted the dress from the box, holding it up so she could see it, she sniffed lightly, it was very pretty, and she knew it would look good on her. Taking a deep breath she carefully put the dress back in the box and walking around the table she approached Smom and with only a slight hesitation she hugged her "Thank you, it's gorgeous." she said her French accent slightly thicker than before.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Page 40

Post  Lerendus Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:16 am

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 08:09 Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugging Kaylen back "I know I will be giving you ample opportunity to wear it. I am so happy you like it." smiling at the young woman "I hope Gilly grows up to love wearing dresses. My eldest child Illynya would rather be in a sword fight in pants than a pretty dress at a party." pausing as she sighed at the memories of the few times Illy appeased her by wearing one she continued " I have two others that will but, I always felt I failed Illy there. Enough about them for now. I don't want to overwhelm you tonight with the tales of all my children." turning her head for a moment she draws the attention of a nearby maid who was finishing the cleanup "Could you go to the kitchen and bring us some warm mulled cider?" as much as Smom knew others ordered their staff around she could not bring herself to not treat them with some respect. For this most in her employ were loyal for life. She even tried to help elevate their station in life whenever possible, several times losing her favorite staff but, never losing their friendship. Looking at Kaylen she knew she would be one of those.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 09:00 Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking up from where he sat in the chair, Lerendus smiled as Smom entered the room, watching curiously as she stepped over by the tree and pulled a large box from underneath. He leaned forward in the chair, looking inquisitively at the box. His eyes shifted from the box over to Smom, gave her an inquiring look, then back to the box. He was not aware of this, had known nothing of it, and was pleasantly surprised as Kaylen opened the package. He looked at Smom; her kindness and thoughtfulness; his eyes twinkled with affection.

He smiled as the two women embraced one another and rose slowly from his seat as the maid returned with the hot cider. Taking a cup from the tray, thanking the maid, he held it up in the air in a toast, “Welcome to the household, Kaylen.”

Kieran88
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009 12:29 Post subject: Reply with quote

'id love to come to preston one time, id like to go anywhere for that matter, just get out of the county and head south..' kieran says as they walk into the parlour, he sees lers mellowed out in a chair and gives a nod, seeing kaylen he gives off a cheeky grin, 'yes we have met...' he says smiling, as the warm cider comes in takes a mug and has a little bit..raising it with lers, 'welcome kaylen'

Kaylen_
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009 07:32 Post subject: Reply with quote

She took a mug of the warm cider, she glanced sideways at Kieran's grin and resisted the urge to laugh. Holding it up the theirs she smiled and uttered a soft "thank you" She then sipped the warm drink, and looked out the dark window, and smiled softly, what she really wanted to do was laugh and throw her arms up in the air and dance around, but those where the days of her past, she was no longer a girl but a woman and she had to act that way. But even if she couldn't do it physically she was doing it in her heart.

She looked at the others and knew that even if she felt nervous and awkward today the feeling would not last, and that more than anything brought peace to her heart.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009 13:25 Post subject: Reply with quote

"Welcome Kaylen" she joins in the toast.Feeling the lateness of the night as she sips her cider after the toast "If you all will excuse me I am feeling a bit tired and would like to get some sleep before our trip to Morgan Manor tomorrow. It was lovely being here at the castle again. Thank you Kieran for maintaining but, I think the staff can be trusted long enough for you to come for a bit of travel with us. Lancaster is in need of our return and we shant want to disappoint, please join us. I shall be turning in but please don't let me influence you all. Have a pleasant night I will look forward to hearing your answer at breakfast, Kieran." hugging her son and Kaylen goodnight she turns and lightly kisses Lers. "I love you." slowly making her way to her rooms noting all the woodwork in the castle as she remembers her past, and secretly smiles at the future she is yet to have.

Lerendus
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009 21:36 Post subject: Reply with quote

Sipping from his cider as they toast, Lerendus takes Smom's hand into his as they kiss goodnight. Letting her hand slip out of his as she retires to her bedroom for the night, he gazes after her sighing deeply before sitting back down in the chair. He had no heart for sleep yet. Not yet. Wanted to sit and think a while longer. In the peaceful silence of the night, rest his thoughts on her and their future together, staring into the fire. He crossed an arm across his chest. Held his cup in the other hand, sipping slowly. His eyes drifted to rest on the fire burning slowly in the fireplace. Gazed softly into the dancing flame. He closed his eyes and leaned back in the chair, and in the dark he could see her face, floating forward, vivid, beautiful. Could hear her voice ringing softly in his ears, tiny echos of children’s laughter. He was tired, but he didn’t want to leave, didn’t want to go, didn’t want it to end. He stayed in the chair thinking of her. Dreaming.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle - Page 2 Empty Re: [RK Archive] Kirkoswald Castle

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2