Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In pursuit...

Go down

In pursuit... Empty In pursuit...

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

pnj

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007 10:28 Post subject: In pursuit... Reply with quote
OCC: (this is a continuation of the kidnapping of Asteria Sennal Pirate Queen. The origional story starts in Dorchester town hall. Fell free to join in. Please be respectfull of the sotry though. Thank you.)

Here is the original wedding RP

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=27401

And here is the link to the kidnapping RP

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=28117"

Valatan swung open the door to the 'Legionare' and the party of knights bustled in. Dean had returned from his ambush attempt with no luck and Captain Collen had told the knights to lay low for the night as tracking was difficult and mistakes would be costly. Valatan droped into a tavern seat.

'A round of ale..'

His voice was that of a defeated man. He had been sulking the whole journey not forgiving himself of the misplaced trust he had put in Launcelot.

Last edited by pnj on 19 Jan 2007 22:16; edited 5 times in total

pnj

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007 12:36 Post subject: Reply with quote
As the sun rose, Dean had enough of drinking. Somehow partially sober, too much coffee perhaps, Dean walks out the door. As he walks by the next tavern, he slips on a discarded beer bottle. He falls, instictively he reaches up to grab something to catch himself. His hands catch the muzzle of a nearby horse, but his hands slip and he falls down anyway.

Dean looks down at his hands. They were covered with paint, but from what. He looks up. The muzzle of the horse is smeared. He pokes it. more paint comes off. Dean runs back to the Legionare to report to Collen and grab some support.

pnj

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007 13:13 Post subject: what's this Reply with quote
The next morning Caissadiplomat has a nagging headache and is not in the best of spirits. He is cooking up ham and potatoes for some of Collen's men when Dean comes in with his news, gesturing excitedly. Catching just part of the story over the noise of the sizzling stove he asks, "Dean, are you reporting muddy hands as some sort of national emergency? Shall I send a messenger to the king?"

Dillinger

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007 16:09 Post subject: Reply with quote
In a hayloft, above a barn... somewhere along the outskirts of Southampton, Launcelot lay sleeping after a night about the town. He was looking for the_Light, or at least a contact. He had spent a great deal his time thinking about his next move.

Also, he was a little annoyed that someone had managed to smear his horses painted on blaze. It was easy enough to fix, but caused him some concern.

So late in the night he had returned to find what sleep he could in the hay... with Asteria.

"I hate roosters," Launcelot said unhappily as he awoke to crowing. Then looked about to find 'Fierna.'
---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007 21:31 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna rolls over in the hay, still tired. She notices Adam sitting up to the cry of the bird.

"Wilt thou be gone?" she asks softly with her eyes half-closed as she touches his arm, "it is not yet near day; It was the nightingale, and not the cock, that pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear."

The sound is heard again and Adam exclaims, "I hate roosters."

Fierna sits up, stretches, and moves her arm up Adam's as she smiles widely at him. "Tis good indeed not all doth share thy dislove of the cock."

Fierna leans over and kisses Adam on the cheek once before he turns his head and she plants another on his lips before pulling back to look at him.

Last night had been a surprise, Fierna thinks as she recalls the dreamlike memory. She remembers waiting in the barn for Adam to return, bored out of her mind as the hours dragged on. Finally, she went to sleep in the hay as dusk started to set. Fierna recalls being woken with a start as Adam climbed up into the loft. The moonlight shining through the cracks in the roof illuminated the handsome rogue's face as he smiled and laid down next to her.

Fierna remembers him laying facing away from her and wanting him to hold her. After a few minutes passed, Fierna recalls moving closer to him, caressing his arm with her hand, and kissing him softly on the neck. Then, Adam turned around, wrapped those strong arms around her, and pulled her close...

Adam starts to move towards the ladder and climb down, causing Fierna to snap out of her reverie. She looks around and finds her black shirt in a hay pile at the end of the loft. Picking it up, Fierna climbs down the ladder and walks over to the water barrel in the barn. She brushes the straw off of her back and applies handfuls of water to her face and chest. Using a rag, she dries herself and puts on her blouse.

Fierna walks over to Adam and asks, "Where to now? Hath thou finished thy business in Southampton? If not, perhaps we could find a meal there?"
pnj

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007 22:21 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: clarifying myself its paint. Im planing on keeping my character running into them, but they slip away all the time.

Looks over at Cassia.
Its paint not mud and I find it suspicious. Why would someone use paint on a horse unless they were trying to hide its appearing. And why would one hide there appearence unless they were running away.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 02:22 Post subject: Reply with quote
"I'm afraid that I haven't found the contact I was looking for just yet. The people of this town are not as open to newcomers as some I've been in. It may take a day or so to find the man I'm looking for."

Launcelot is fascinated as he looks at Asteria.. even now, hair all tussled and just awake.. she is a vision. Though in the back of his mind, he refuses to let himself get attached to her... as he is certain this is but a season.

"Tonight, we need to go into town and find the Midsummer's Night Theater. It may happen that I find the man I'm looking for there. We can find a tavern and then watch a show."
pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 02:42 Post subject: hm Reply with quote
"I don't know, it looks like mud to me," Caissa says, scratching his head. "Would you like some fried potatoes? I can make them with or without onions, ten pounds, seventy-five. If you want a slab of ham on the side, its 19 even."

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 06:27 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna climbs up on the horse with Adams' help and the two ride off towards Southampton. As Adam goes off to find the Midsummer's Night Theater, Fierna decides to stay behind in a tavern to wait for his return.

Looking up and down the relatively quiet street, Fierna decides to enter a pleasant-looking establishment called "the Legionnaire". As the door swings open, Fierna is surprised to see the tavern is quite crowded despite the barren streets. She walks up to the bar and takes a seat close to the door but with her back to most of the room. Sitting at the bar, Fierna slowly starts to look around. Much to her surprise, she finds her good friend Dean sitting two seats away.

"Damn!" Fierna whispers under her breath as she tries to avoid drawing attention to herself.
pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 09:11 Post subject: Assistance... Reply with quote
barely noticing the stranger walk in, Valatan takes up an ink well and a piece of parchment...

Quote:
Good Feud,
I'm in Southampton at the moment old boy. In pursuit of a wolf who betrayed my trust. I know this brigand will be much stronger than I and I humbly call upon your assistance. Please bring along any good fellows from the old armada if you can.

You good friend,
Sir Valatan Rose

Valatan put the note in his tunic, thinking he would send it the next day. He returned to drinking his ale...

pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 13:34 Post subject: barkeep Reply with quote
Seeing a new customer, Caissadiplomat rushes over to take her order.

"What can I get you Miss?" He does a double take when he sees Asteria. He notices the hair change, but decides to stay out of it. No crime has been committed in his eyes; perhaps she has come to take up on his offer on a free meal and some ales.

"Whatever you would like, its on the house."

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 17:12 Post subject: none Reply with quote
"I picked a great tavern" Fierna thinks to herself as she sees Caissadiplomat come over to her.

"What can I get you Miss?" He says. Fierna looks up to see a momentary look of surprise - maybe recognition? - on Caissa's face. "Whatever you would like, its on the house." He tells her.

Fierna tries to act nonchalant and resolves to get out of the tavern as quickly as possible without drawing attention to herself. "Many thanks, good sir! I'll have a mug of ale, please." she says as if nothing is out of place in a slightly deeper voice. As the barkeep heads off to get her request, Fierna glances over at Dean to see if he's noticed anything.

Last edited by ---fromENFierna on 20 Jan 2007 17:57; edited 1 time in total
pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 17:42 Post subject: ok Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat serves the ale and gives the lady a loaf of crusty black bread as well. "If you have a little time I can cook you a delicious beefsteak or perhaps some of Southampton's salmon?"

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 17:59 Post subject: none Reply with quote
"Thank you," Fierna smiles at Caissa, "but I must really be going soon."

Fierna picks up her mug and starts drinking it, hoping she can leave soon and be able to catch Adam outside before he comes in and really raises suspicion.
pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 19:27 Post subject: distracted Reply with quote
"Perhaps next time," Caissa says with a smile.

He is about to say something else, but a patron starts banging his mug on the bar and Caissa must give him a refill.

Illynya

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

In pursuit... Empty Re: In pursuit...

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 22:21 Post subject: Reply with quote
Valatan drains his mug and leaves the tavern. Going to the stables he spots a young rider and offers him a handfull of coin to send the letter to Feudalknight.

'Make sure it reaches him...'

Valatan watches the young rider ride off West.

---fromENFeudalKnight

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 22:47 Post subject: Reply with quote
FeudalKnight recived the horrid message from the courier, after reading it he slapped the courier around like a dog. FeudalKnight promptly made ready and meet Valatan in the Legionare two days hence.

pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 22:57 Post subject: Reply with quote
Valatan greets Feud warmly. Bursting out laughing as he tells of how he had slapped the courier senseless! They took a seat at one of the tables and sipped on the ale that Valatan had ordered upon his arrival.

'Great to see you Feud, These parts are full of weak willed whelps! As I said in our note that I need your assistance,'

Valatan looks over the edge of his mug and looks at the froth gathering on Feuds moustche as he quaffed his ale.

'I've been tricked...again. I need you to help me dispatch of a villan. This journey may take some time old friend. Can I count on you?'

Valatan oders another round as he awaits Feuds reply.

---fromENFeudalKnight

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 23:19 Post subject: Reply with quote
Feudalknight skims a fingerfull of foam from his mighty beer and flicks it at Valatan.

"Scalywags...Scumbags...Old men, all would have thier way with you should I not go with you.'

Feudalknight leans forward and whispers in Valatans ear.

"Are you shure it wasn't the good Lord that sent me to watch your back?'

Shakes Valatans hand and agrees to go. They rasie thier galsses and begin a lengthly drinking session with much yelling of 'HAW!'

pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 23:27 Post subject: keep the ale flowing Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat taps a new keg of ale. He is pleased with the rowdy atmosphere of his tavern. He had hoped to leave the barmaid Heather in charge so that he could go and see the play tonight, but at this rate he would have to cancel. He checked his food supplies and realizes he needs to send a boy to the market.

pnj

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2007 23:57 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: sorry these are always partly out of date I am not around as much as I was during the holidays

Dean had in fact grown suspicious.
Something sounds familiar about that voice
He thought to himself.
Might want to investigate that
Dean wanted to avoid raising suspician by leaving immeadiately. Instead Dean took advantage of sitting in a darkened corner. When everyone back was turned, he slipped over to, and out of the window. Completely un-noticed.
Outside Dean stuck un-noticed to the shadows. Following Fierna, his suspicions grew.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2007 10:57 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna walks out of the tavern and stands in an alleyway close to the tavern so she can spot Adam, should he return...
pnj

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2007 15:41 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: decided im jumping the gun a little, want to stretch this RP out a little longer so i deleted the post that was in this spot

Last edited by pnj on 21 Jan 2007 20:31; edited 2 times in total

---fromENGeneralMatthew

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2007 19:00 Post subject: Reply with quote
Matthew had overheard that FeudalKnight had recieved a message from Valatan and asked for any members of the armada to come with him.
Unfortunatley Matthew had missed the knight, but 'follwed' him by asking villagers and stuff.
He is soon led to Southampton and a certain Tavern.

Walking into it, with his staff strapped to his back, he notices Valatan and FeudalKnight drinking and Caissadiplomat at the bar.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2007 22:03 Post subject: more beer Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat notices the newcomer and gets him an ale. He slides the mug down the slick bar into GeneralMatthew's waiting hand.

"You have clearly just arrived in town; welcome! What news do you bring?"

pnj

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 02:57 Post subject: Reply with quote
[OOC: Even though Lancelot is leaving, this is a good RP, and I want to keep it going, so excuse me for interrupting.]

IC:

Miniphoenix spots Fierna hiding in the shadows
"M'lady, you are a visitor to our good town? Welcome. Wither dost thou come?"

Last edited by pnj on 22 Jan 2007 21:16; edited 1 time in total

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 07:58 Post subject: none Reply with quote
[OOC: Thank you, Miniphoenix! I agree that this has been a lot of fun, especially since so many people have joined in and helped the story develop while still maintaining a smooth plotline! Many, many thanks to Launcelot for his brilliant idea! He will be missed!]

Fierna jumps at the woman's statement, having been lost in thought. "Oh, pardon me. I hath much on my mind. I am new to town, yes. I hath arrived from Salisbury," Fierna lies.

More than a little bored waiting for the overdue arrival of her companion, Fierna can't help but want to talk to this new woman, if only to break the monotony.

"I am called Fierna. What art thou called?" Fierna asks, stepping out of the shadows a bit.
pnj

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 12:26 Post subject: Reply with quote
Adam had no luck in finding The_Light having waited at the theatre at the arranged time. He contemplated the situation.

'At least I don't have to explain myself to him now. perhaps he knew all along and his plan hasd been t get me hounded and killed?'

Strding quickly back to the 'Legionare' he moved round the back of the building and looked through the stockroom door. catching Lady Fierna's attention as she sat and talk he motioned for her to come join him.

Last edited by pnj on 27 Jan 2007 19:37; edited 1 time in total

pnj

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 15:42 Post subject: alerted Reply with quote
(OOC: Heather is the blonde barmaid in the red dress who is on the left side of the tavern screen in the Legionnaire)

Heather notices Fierna going into the stockroom. Knowing that the woman has no business there, she summons the militia.

pnj

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 21:19 Post subject: Reply with quote
Miniphoenix smiles and Fierna and curtsies.

I am Miniphoenix, Lady of Southampton. You must be parched from your long journey. Would you care to join me in the tavern for a bit of cider?[/i]

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm

--fromENFierna

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 21:52 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Despite her conversation with Miniphoenix, Fierna is still greatly distracted by the thoughts running through her head. The last encounter in the tavern struck Fierna suddenly with great pangs of doubt. Is this really the life she wanted? Having to hide from her friends? In her old life, Asteria would have seen Dean is a tavern, snuck up behind him trying to test his reflexes, and attempt to put him in a headlock before laughing at being caught and ordering a pair of ales. As Fierna, she had to sneak into a tavern Dean occupied and try not to be noticed at all! And then there was Caissadiplomat. Such a kind, friendly, and easy to talk to person who Fierna now had to trade only short sentences with in order to keep her cover from being blown.

Finally, there was last night. For the first time in her life, Fierna actually felt guilty over what she had done. "I've known men for less time before sharing in their favors, but tis different now. I am betrothed!" Fierna thought to herself. What would Smooth think if he could see her actions now?

Fierna notices Adam's motion as he goes behind the building and snaps out of those thoughts. She knows to go follow him, and resolves to find a way out if she can.

"You must be parched from your long journey. Would you care to join me in the tavern for a bit of cider?" Miniphoenix asks.

Fierna glances back to where Adam has just entered the stockroom and looks back to Miniphoenix, "Thank thee for thy offer. I would most definitely enjoy a mug of cider! Please make thee to yon tavern and I shalt join thee, anon. I hath a matter to attend to first." Fierna replies as she moves aside from Miniphoenix and goes to the stockroom door.
pnj

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 22:01 Post subject: Reply with quote
Very well, M'lady.

Miniphoenix walks into the tavern. Seeing both her father and Heather absent, she goes behind the bar and gets the cider for Fierna and herself.

---fromENGeneralMatthew

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2007 22:34 Post subject: Re: more beer Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat wrote:
Caissadiplomat notices the newcomer and gets him an ale. He slides the mug down the slick bar into GeneralMatthew's waiting hand.

"You have clearly just arrived in town; welcome! What news do you bring?"

Before Matthew could reply Caissadiplomat had to leave to summon the militia.

Sliding over to beside Valatan and FeudalKnight, Matthew says to the latter..

'Sorry I missed you. I heard that Valtan wanted any armada members to come along, and I hurried, but just a little to slow.'
'How did you hear? I told no one.'
'I guess it was a little birdie or something. So can I help in any little way?'[/i]

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2007 00:59 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean was the first to answer the call for militia. With Fierna distracted by the towns folk, he followed Adam into the stock room door. Eyes still adjusting to the light he walked foward slowly. From behind, Adam jumped him.
Several months of Asteria trying to put him in a headlock came in useful here. He ducked down and flipped Adam over. He landed on his back. Dean stood back up and walked forward. Adam was scrambling on the ground trying to get to his sword.
He took a big swipe at Dean. Acting quickly he raised his sheild to parry the blow. The impact was horrendous.
The well crafted sheild busted into a thousand little pieces, with a loud BANG!!! The impact sent sharp vibrations down Adam's sword which send it into shards.
Tough Dean was left shieldless, Adam was now without a weapon and left kneeling. In one last desperate attempt, Adam lurched forward to attempt to dig his shoulder into Dean's stomach.
Dean jumped to the side but stumbled. Adam went flying over. However as Dean went to stand, he felt a pair of arms around his neck slowly attempting to choke him.
Dean, using all the muscles in his legs, jumped back, and slammed all of his weight crushing Adam between him and the ground. The grip did not loosen. Dean felt himself slowly losing concisnous. As a final act of desperation, Dean reached down to his boot. He pulled his knife and shoved it into Adam's leg.
As the grip loosened, Dean could breathe again. Adam pulled the knife out of his leg and chucked it at Dean. He rolled letting the knife fly by and get stuck in a keg which started leaking.
He scrambled to his sword, stood up and as he swung around to face Adam, he swung it.
Adam fell to the ground. However something was amiss. Instead of one thump there were two, and Adam seemed to now be a head shorter.
Dean turned for the door. Only to see a shocked Fierna now standing there.

pnj

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2007 15:23 Post subject: aftermath Reply with quote
The militia arrives moments later with Caissadiplomat taking them to the scene.

"What a mess," is Caissa's only comment on seeing his stockroom floor covered in a mixture of dirt, ale, foam and blood.

Asteria is crying now and Caissa puts arm around her and lead her back to the bar. He prays with her quietly.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2007 22:30 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna at first stands frozen in shock after seeing Adam's beheading, but then runs over to his body with tears streaming down her face. She kneels next to his body and starts to sob.

Even though Fierna should be relieved that her dilemma was solved, she doesn't feel any joy or relief in response to this terrible solution. She thinks back to the growing bond between herself and the rogue. Not just the obvious indicators such as last night, but also the subtle hints. Such as how Launcelot would watch her when he thought she didn't notice or how he would hold her close on the horse and how she could feel his nose touch her hair as he drew in its scent.

Indeed, this kidnapping could have been much worse. Fierna thinks about how kind Launcelot/Adam had been to her and had tried to extend her every courtesy and comfort he could under the circumstances. She thinks back to how he had lightly touched the dagger to her side during the initial kidnapping so as not to hurt her. In fact, Launcelot never caused her any harm. He even agreed to spare turning her over to his employer.

These memories prove to Fierna that Launcelot was indeed a good man even if he had made some poor choices in life or had been driven to his life of crime. This thought is the major cause of Fierna's grief.

"At least it was quick," Fierna thinks to herself, "Dean spared him the much more agonizing end that wouldst surely come to a captured bandit."

This realization only partially comforts Fierna. She is so lost in thought that she doesn't even notice Caissa enter the room. The kindly priest goes over to Fierna and gently helps her up. Fierna looks up into Caissa's face looking more wretched than her worst days of living with the wolves. Her makeup runs down her face, clearing the skin around her red puffy eyes. Her dirty and dyed hair is matted with some of it clumped to her cheeks. Her face is contorted in the awful mask of grief.

Caissa puts his arm around Fierna and starts to lead her out of stockroom. As they walk towards the front of the tavern, Caissa helps Fierna with the prayers she had learned from Father Ecthelion.
pnj

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2007 00:53 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean limps out of the stockroom and walks into the tavern. Ordering a beer he dumps part onto his leg to sterilize it. Carefully he pulled out a shard of Adam's sword. His sheild arm also hurt.
Probably from the shock of the sword busting
He thought. He streched it out and was able to move it fine.
Just bruised he thought.
He walked over and sat down next to Asteria to comfort her

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007 02:11 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna sits at the bar not saying much for a few hours before asking Cassia for nearby lodging. The day's events have tired Fierna considerably, but she doubts she will get much sleep anyway.
pnj

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007 16:31 Post subject: Reply with quote
Valatan and Feudalknight jump up hearing the rukus in the store. Bolting through the door Dean walks past and beheaded corpse lay on the floor in a pool of beer and blood.

'Damn it, that blasted scout got to him first...'

Valatan picks up the head by the hair and stares at it, grim faced. It wasn't Launelot at all. The boy who had been sent to fetch the meat had come in the back door and killed by Dean by accident.

'Dean!'

Valatan yells.

'Looks like you killed this poor lad instead of Launcelot. See this is what happens when you strike before talking.'

Valatan and Feud take the corpse outsdie to the undertakers. The noise of Cassiadiplomats shouting at dean could be heard as he was informed he had killed his errand boy. Whilst Valatan helps with the body he can't help but think that Launce was out there somwhere and he would find him...

[Upon Launcelots return to rk I have changed the ending, hope you enjoyed]

Dillinger

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007 20:22 Post subject: Reply with quote
From outside the tavern in a darkened alley, Launcelot hears the sound of combat and grimaces at the thought of someone else getting killed instead of him. The errand boy looked so much like Launcelot it was uncanny, and the 10 pounds he'd been given had convinced him to play the part for a while.

"Tis a pity," Launcelot whispers under his breath as he hears from the crowd inside that Adam Bell had been killed.

"I guess that's an alias I won't be using again."

Launcelot pulled his hood over his head and waited in the shadows for Asteria to leave the tavern.
---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007 23:35 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna is sitting staring at the bar counter when she hears the commotion about an errand boy being killed. Curious and hopeful that Launcelot might still be alive, Fierna gets up and heads out the door to see if it could indeed be true that her companion may still live.
pnj

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 00:31 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean was sure it was Launcelot he killed, but if it was not why had the kid jumped him. But the rummors said otherwise. Dean being his usual self stayed to the shadows as he went to check it out.

pnj

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 01:37 Post subject: not so fast Reply with quote
Dean rises to go, but the militia says otherwise. They have a few questions they want to ask him and request that he accompany them to the town hall.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 02:08 Post subject: Reply with quote
As Fierna walks though the doors out into the street, a hooded man grabs her by the arm and quickly pulls her into the shadows. With one hand brushing her hair from her face and the other arm wrapped around her waist, he presses his lips against hers....

Several moments later,

Launcelot smiles at her, "Did you miss me?"
---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 04:30 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna is a bit startled by being grabbed, but as the man pulls her closer Fierna recognizes his grip and his scent even if she can't see his face.

He presses his lips to hers and Fierna feels overjoyed to know Launcelot is alive. She returns his kiss with her eyes closed tightly and wraps her arms around his back.

After he draws away, Fierna catches sight of his face. Launcelot smiles at her and Fierna beams back at him.

"Did you miss me?" he asks.

"Yea! I wast afraid thou hadst been killed!" Fierna exclaimed, "What happened? What took thee so long?"

Thinking better of interrigating Launcelot in the middle of the street, Fierna drags him into an adjacent ally before he can respond. Once they are hidden from sight, Fierna hugs him tightly again and rests her head on his chest.

"Don't do that again! I wast frighted terribly!" Fierna looks up at Launcelot with tears in her eyes, "I followed the imposter in just as he wast beheaded! I thought it wast thou!"

Fierna puts her head back on Launcelot's chest remembering how ghastly she looks. "I think we need to get out of here, anon. My disguise hath been revealed.”

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Dillinger

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 12:47 Post subject: Reply with quote
"I paid a servant who looked a great deal like me, ten pounds to play my part for half an hour, while I cased the tavern for militia. I had no idea that the soldiers from Dorchester were so blood-thirsty. If I had, I never would have sent the boy in my stead. But there is nothing I can do for him now, and we must leave before the shock of the even wears off. Though I must still go to the Theatre, or you will never be safe."

Launcelot clearly felt guilty over the boys death, but pushed the thought of it to the back of his mind. There were still important matters to handle.
pnj

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 13:24 Post subject: closed Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat decides it would be best to close the tavern for the evening. The fourth militia person has finally arrived, twirling her baton, and she will be investigating the scene of the unfortunate young man's death. His name was Sabin, and he worked for the market.

He tells everyone to finish their drinks and be off.

Since Heather had seen some of what happened, she remains behind to talk to the investigator and to lock up.

Caissa decides he may as well go to the theatre even if he won't enjoy it. It may at least take his mind off Sabin's face.

(OOC: Sabin is a 0 level who died in Southampton))

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 18:38 Post subject: none Reply with quote
(OOC: Ha! Thanks for adding to the realism, Caissa!)

Fierna nods solemnly as Launcelot explains what happened. She notices the sadness in Launcelot's eyes as he mentions the boy's death and this reaffirms Fierna's belief that Launcelot is really a good man at heart. Although the boy's death still troubles Fierna greatly, she finds at least some comfort in the fact that her dear companion had not been killed.

"Dean takes after Collen in that way; kill first, question later," Fierna comments, "He always hath been a bit savage. Once, he told me he wast raised by raptors... some kind of terrible animals, me thinks."

Remembering the urgency of their mission, Fierna decides it would be best to take care of matters in Southampton and leave quickly.

"So thou hast business still in the Midsummer's Night Theater? Confound it, dear! Canst thou not find the cursed place? I shalt lead thee to it so we art not separated again!" Fierna exclaims as she grabs Launcelot's arm to lead him off towards the theater.
Illynya

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 20:12 Post subject: Re: closed Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat wrote:
Caissadiplomat decides it would be best to close the tavern for the evening. The fourth militia person has finally arrived, twirling her baton, and she will be investigating the scene of the unfortunate young man's death. His name was Sabin, and he worked for the market.

He tells everyone to finish their drinks and be off.

Since Heather had seen some of what happened, she remains behind to talk to the investigator and to lock up.

Caissa decides he may as well go to the theatre even if he won't enjoy it. It may at least take his mind off Sabin's face.

(OOC: Sabin is a 0 level who died in Southampton))

Illynya arrives at The Legionnaire, having just gotten the message and hurrying back from her patrol. Caissadiplomat is just getting ready to leave the tavern, and he lets her in.

Heather, the barmaid, is pretty shaken up, so Illynya heads into the back room first, to have a look at the carnage. She makes her notes, and picks up a leaking barrel of ale for 'evidence' before heading back into the bar.

Heather gives her statement, and Illynya comforts her before leaving the tavern and heading back to town hall to file her report; twirling her baton and whistling.

(OOC: Thanks for dragging me in, Caissa!)
pnj

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 21:25 Post subject: a show Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat arrives at the outdoor ampitheatre and shows his ticket to the usher. He is lead to a box down front. Caissa hopes that Miniphoenix, his foster-daughter, will be able to come tonight. She had gone to put her son to bed. He remembers the fine times they had shared going to plays in the past. It has been too long.

A thought of the poor delivery boy enters Caissa's mind, but he tries to push it aside. Still, a tear escapes him and he takes a deep breath.

pnj

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007 22:44 Post subject: Reply with quote
After a few quick questions, Dean is released without question. He laughs to himself as he thought of a joke he once told Asteria. He said he had been raised by raptors and somehow she believed it. Dean rolls his eyes as he thought of the blond quality in her taking over as she heard it.

Dean stops by the market picking up a new shield and a couple weeks of food. He also pays a young but strong boy a good sum and sends him to Cassias to be his new errand boy.

He states at the ground walking back to the tavern. He thought of many things.However, one big question haunted his mind...
Why did that kid jump me?
Suddenly, steadly receding light, something weird caught his eye. If he had not already light a tourch he would not have noticed it. It was a set of foot prints, fresh, as if being pulled off the road into an alley way.

Dean followed them carefully, but it was becoming to dark for him to follow even with a tourch. He risked to much chance of tripping and breaking a foot.

Last edited by pnj on 01 Feb 2007 03:06; edited 1 time in total

Dillinger

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 00:53 Post subject: Reply with quote
"You weren't kidding. That Dean is a damn bloodhound. If I knew what a raptor was, I might believe he was raised by them. Maybe it's a breed of dog?"

Fierna rushed along to the Theater, the one that Launcelot absolutely couldn't find to save his life. Somehow he missed the huge sign over the front door that read: Midsummer's Night Theater. His mind had been on other things, very pleasant things........ as he watched the woman in front of him, he could think of nothing else.

"Snap out of it, Launce," he whispered to himself.

A show was about to begin, a comedy would have been nice, but the way his day had been playing out... it would be a tragedy without a doubt. They took seats towards the back, under the balcony, nearest the dark shadows.

"I pray this goes well," he whispers into her ear.
---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 02:36 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna snorts playfully as she sees the look of surprise on Launcelot's face as he recognizes the building, but notices the sign for the first time.

"Here it is, dear," Fierna teases him, "tis no wonder thou couldst not find such a small hovel!" as she looks up at the large and stately theatre.

Fierna smiles at Launcelot and lets him lead her to a pair of seats in the back row. She sits down to Launcelot's left. He leans over and whispers into her ear, "I pray this goes well." and Fierna nods in agreement.

A few moments later, she runs her right hand's fingers lightly over his left hand in a wavy pattern as she smiles at him seductively.

"T'wilt at least be a welcome reprieve from ourn troubles, this play." Fierna remarks as she tries to push her worries from her mind this night.

The fact that Launcelot was alive, albeit at another's expense, did not mean all was well with Fierna. Other worries concerning her past life assaulted her consciousness. Would she forsake her friends again now that she and Launcelot were back on their old course? Just before, she had been slightly relieved to be able to get back her old life, but would she let that chance go again? What would she do about Smooth? Surely Collen would not rest until his brother had his bride back. He was a very honorable man and would never allow another to run off with his future sister-in-law.

Most of all, however, one worry bothered Fierna deeply. "What am I going to do about my growing child?" was the unrelenting question that stole Fierna's peace of mind. Fierna fondly remembered the night she spent with the handsome Greek lord, at first, but that pleasant memory was being marred by guilt. She hadn't seen the poor man since the night she broke his heart by telling him she was pregnant, but would marry another. This young noble was also a man of honor and was no doubt deeply wounded by being brushed aside so.

Aside from her guilt about leaving the child's father, Fierna also worried about what she would do when her pregnancy started to become a burden on her travels. How could she continue to run like this with Launcelot in a few more months? Surely the awkwardness of riding a horse together would be the least of their troubles.

She could leave Launcelot and go back to Dorchester, but that would only make matters worse. It was too late now to pretend the baby was Smooth's. Fierna had originally planned to get Smooth to bed her before the pregnancy got too far along. If she returned now, it would be obvious that another man had fathered the child. Fierna knew how her friends, Smooth, and more importantly Father Ecthelion would react to that.

The longer she waited with Launcelot, the greater the risk of returning to Dorchester became. If she decided to give in and return home too much more into the future, people would naturally suspect Launcelot was the father. That would alleviate the trouble for Fierna, but Launcelot would be hunted like a fox and the ending wouldn't be pleasant. Especially when Collen heard about it. Fierna simply couldn't allow that to happen to such a good man.

Fierna would simply need to decide which she wanted more; to return home or stick with her new life no matter what, at least until the baby arrived. Such an important decision and Fierna had no idea what to do.

Fierna's face had darkened as she let herself fall into her personal pit of despair, but she finally decided to push herself out. "I won't let this bother me now," Fierna thought, "I deserve this short rest."

Looking over to Launcelot, who had been watching her, probably for awhile, Fierna put on a smile and griped his hand tightly.
Dillinger

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 13:08 Post subject: Reply with quote
"You look troubled," Launcelot said softly as the curtains drew back and the actors appeared on the stage. "Are you well, Fierna?"

Launcelot peered around the theater, looking for the men he had hoped to meet.

"If I don't find them soon, we can go."

(OOC: If there are actors about, this would be a fine place to perform a piece. It may get enterupted by swordplay and other feats of heroism, but that should only make it more interesting. Also, if there are people who would like to represent the mysterious villains who requested the abduction of Asteria, now would be a good time to let us know. I would hate to have to cut the story short for lack of outside participation. Cassia and company, feel free to come in and find us... I'm dying for some action that doesn't get my head removed..lol.. I really hope we get some more participation, even if it's just bystanders... that I will use as human shields... don't think I won't... Smile )
pnj

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 13:43 Post subject: before the show Reply with quote
A welcome is given to all who have come to the theatre. A few announcements are made. The children are called forward to watch a brief Marionnette show before the main event. The marionnettes make sarcastic remarks and hit each other over the head with clubs. Perhaps some moral lesson is imparted, but Caissadiplomat wasn't paying close enough attention, he is looking around to see if Miniphoenix is coming.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 19:55 Post subject: none Reply with quote
(OOC: What's the matter, Launce? You getting sick of the tea party/soap opera type RPing? Boys! Wink )

"Thank thee, but I am alright," Fierna replies to Launcelot's inquiry, "what wilt thou tell thine employer if I sit next to thee as thou sayest I am not to be handed over? Perhaps I shouldst not hath come?"
Dillinger

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 20:14 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Come on now, you and I both know that flaunting you to him will be the highlight of the evening. And it will give me the opportunity to swordfight in a theater."

Launcelot smiles at Asteria.

"If we see him, then you will have to get down and make it back to the horses."

Even as Launcelot says it, he knows there is no way the Pirate Queen of Dorchester Lake is going to run from a fight. But he felt obligated to say it anyway... It made him feel better.

"Who knows, they may not even show up... then only Cassia and Company will attack us."
pnj

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007 22:19 Post subject: Reply with quote
It had gotten too dark, and Dean had to cut off his following of the tracks.

May not even be them he thought

Dean started heading back for the tavern. But upon getting there, he finds a note pinned on the door...

Quote:
Closed. Will open after the Play.

Dean figured he might as well kill some time and see the play. He payed the entrance fee and walked in. The play had already started so he was careful to be quiet, and he took a seat in the back. His eyes quickly found Cassia and his group. But he saw no sign of Fierna or Adam.

pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 01:38 Post subject: Reply with quote
Miniphoenix finally reached Midsummer's Night Theatre. She had been held back by her son Daniel, who had taken ill. Finally, her husband had arrived home and she could leave. Now at the theatre, she made her way to her father.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 03:11 Post subject: none Reply with quote
"Ha! Oh, so thou art looking for a fight!" Fierna laughs at Launcelot, "And thou called the militia bloodthirsty!"

Fierna laughs one more time before her face goes blank and she lifts up her eye patch so she can glare into Launcelot's eyes as she replies in an icy tone, "I doth not want to fight my friends, oh scoundrel! If thou wilt fight, then doest so with thine employers," Fierna grips Launcelot's arm so tightly that her nails press into his flesh to emphasize her point, "We shalt not fight nor harm my friends if we canst avoid it. I am serious!" Fierna growls, "Tis not a game we play at! Innocent blood hath already been spilt."

Allowing a few moments for her words to sink in, Fierna finally releases his arm, flips down her patch and states in a more calm voice, "But, if a fight finds us, I shalt not run. Many seasons hath I trained with a blade... and I am not afeared to use one."

Having spoken her mind, Fierna calmly turns to face forward and neatly folds her hands in her lap as she relaxes in her seat.

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 04:31 Post subject: Reply with quote
[i]Dean had been recieving glares from all of those around him. He could understand it though. He was still wearing his gear a sword hanging from his side. And a quiver and bow haning on his back. His shirt had cuts and scrapes in it from sword blows, all deflected by the mail below the shirt. His image was made even more raged by the fact that he had not shaved in several days.

Still the looks made him unconfortable. Surpirsingly he was relieved when a fight broke out on the stage. He no longer had to deal with the glares. One actor had pulled a knife on another and it was obiously not scriped. As the militia men pounced on one of the guys Dean ran down to the stage.

He ran strait for the lone remaining guy. The man raised the knife and took a swing at Dean as he approached. The blow struck Dean in the chest. The knife, upon hitting the mail, broke at the hilt. Leaving a good sized bruise on Dean's chest.

As Dean pinned him to the ground several other guards pounced on the man.

[OOC: If asteria or launce want to start a fight this is a good chance, or at least in my opinion]

Last edited by pnj on 02 Feb 2007 16:46; edited 1 time in total

pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 16:31 Post subject: ? Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat passed a package of pistachios to Miniphoenix as she sat down next to him. He didn't remember the old lady selling nuts at other shows, but it seemed like a good idea and 2 packs for 1 pound was a good bargain.

The play doesn't seem especially good tonight, with one actor obviously not knowing his lines. The same actor pulls a knife and the melee breaks out; the militia and Dean charge the stage. Caissadiplomat pops another pistachio in his mouth and turns to Miniphoenix.

"I shall send a strongly worded letter to the management about this."

He turns his head and spits the shell away in disgust.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 18:29 Post subject: Reply with quote
Upon seeing the melee break out on the stage, Launcelot decides this is a bad idea.

He turns to Fierna, "I have a bad feeling that this is just going to get worse. Let's get out of here while we can."

He stands up and turns around to help Fierna out of her seat when his eyes lock with Caissadiplomat.

Launcelot lets his eyelids shut for a brief moment... and thinks, "Crap..."

"Fierna dear, I think we have company."
pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 19:06 Post subject: Launcelot?! Reply with quote
"That fellows keeps turning up like a bad penny," Caissadiplomat thinks to himself. "He's no doubt in some way responsible for this disruption as well."

Caissa watches the pistachio seller approach Launcelot and try to sell him a bag of nuts. He can tell from here that Asteria is not a prisoner, so he decides the whole matter is not his business. He waves to Launcelot and Asteria but does not get out of his seat.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 20:24 Post subject: Reply with quote
Taking his hand off the hilt of his sword as Caissa waves to them, Launcelot appears unsettled. Thinking it's a trap, his eyes dark around the theater watching for the hammer that will surely drop at any second.

"There is no way they're going to let me out of here without a fight... Is there?"
pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 21:15 Post subject: Reply with quote
As the militia quelled the attack, Dean slipped backstage. He had seen Cassia wave at someone, his eyes looked back and he had seen Launce.

Dean, backstage, slipped out the door for the actors and walked around to the public enterance. He expected Asteria and Launce to come out this door any minute.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 21:32 Post subject: none Reply with quote
"Tis never a dull moment around you, is there?" Fierna sighs amidst all the chaos.

Fierna looks around for a bit and takes Launelot's hand. "Come. Let us leave by way of the entrance. Tis not far and the path looks clear."

Together, they start to head towards the main entrance. "Me thinks the militia wilt be too busy with yon disturbance to pay us any heed. We shouldst be safe."
pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 21:41 Post subject: Reply with quote
Since the play wasn't going very well, Miniphoenix decided to leave early to be with her son. She walked out the theatre in time to bump into the lady from the alley.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 22:02 Post subject: none Reply with quote
As Fierna gets to the exit, she notices Miniphoenix approaching behind her. Trying to avoid looking suspicious, Fierna smiles at her and says, "A bit of a disappointment that play, aye?"
pnj

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2007 22:53 Post subject: Reply with quote
Aye, It was. Wish it could have gone better that strike kinda hurt.

Dean said as he walked up behind the two. He stood in the doorway. His hand rest on his partially drawn sword. He glared at Miniphoenix on the other side of the two, hoping to comunicate the message that these two were not to be taken lightly.

pnj

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2007 18:02 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Twas a disappointment, that play."

Mini saw Dean glare and realized something was wrong, but couldn't quite tell what. She noticed his hand on his hilt. Miniphoenix wondered what was going on.

"Usually the plays here are much better." Mini decided to act as if nothing was amiss.

"Anyway, I don't believe I've met your companion." Mini turns to the roguish looking man with dark hair.

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2007 21:00 Post subject: none Reply with quote
"Oh! Forgive me! Where art my manners?" Fierna exclaims as she tries to stay nonchalant, "This good sir is my cousin."

Turning to Launcelot, "Dear cousin, may I present Lady Miniphoenix?" looking at Dean, "I believe thou hast already met my friend Dean, here."
pnj

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2007 01:18 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Aye, We have met."

Said Dean. Though he still did not believe the cousin story. His hand tightened on his sheild, and his sword slowly drew another inch from its sheath.

He threw one last glare at Miniphoenix, then shifted his eyes to a nearby Militia Man. The man, whos name happened to be Earl, came up behind Launce.

"Is something amiss here." Said Earl.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 00:24 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Lady Miniphoenix," Launcelot smiled as he took her hand, "the pleasure is mine." He kissed her hand.

"Asteria, I can't believe that you never told me about so lovely a friend. She is absolutely radiant."

Launcelot let the eye-contact with miniphoenix linger a moment longer than is appropriate. Then turned his attention to Dean.

Launcelot glanced at his partially drawn sword then looked him in the face. "Are we suffering from paranoia, Dean? Or by some chance have I offended you?"
pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 00:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
Deans knuckles started to turn white

You know what im refering to

Dean said

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 05:36 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna smiles as Launcelot kisses Miniphoenix's hand, but thinks to herself how she'll elbow his ribs when they get out of here.

"Well, tis been good seeing you both, but I am afeared we must take our leave." Fierna says to Miniphoenix and Dean, while smiling still.

She starts to head for the door, but trying to seem natural and not rushed.
pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 05:40 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean steps in front of the door.

"I would like to ask you two some questions first,"Said Dean,"Seperately"

Dillinger

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 12:46 Post subject: Reply with quote
Launcelot laughs, "No thanks, Dean. We're got places to go, people to see. Maybe next time."
pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 15:02 Post subject: Reply with quote
At about this time, when tensions are high, and a skirmish seems indeed very likely, who should come barreling from the doors of the theatre but none other than the Extraordinary Men from Winchester.

At the lead of the men, busily chewing his blunt, and fixing his round cap atop his head against the cold, is the citizen Craft. The men hoot and holler, applauding the rather interesting performance.

BUMP

Craft most mistakenly blunders into Fierna. "OH! My, I'm terribly sorry m'lady." He flusters as he bends to retrieve her from the snowy ground, getting a good look at her face. "Oh my! Please accept my most sincere apologies, Lady Asteria. Say, it's been awhile, but wait, you're not Asteria are you, dear?" Holds his hand palm first to his chest. "Heavens no, you are not, then, are you?"

He brushes the snow from her winter coat. "Kukupet, now look what I've done. I've gone and shoved some lovely lady into the snow." Craft tips his hat to the two gentlemen, Dean, and Launcelot.

---fromENkukupet

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 15:24 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kukupet was busy reading a book on "Chinese Firework". He followed Craft out of the theater with his eye fixed on the book.

BUMP

Kukupet immediately stop and look in front. He see Craft bump to a familiar looking lady.

Hmph..Where I met her before?

Ah yes, Kukupet heard from Craft mentioned Asteria.

Well! Well! Who is this if not the Dread Pirate Queen of Dorchester! And why'd you dress up like this?? Cos play eh??Say, where is smooth? And who is this person next to you?

OH! Dean you are here too? What business you have here?? Catching some criminal for The Wiltshire Army again eh?? Just tell me if ya need anything ya know.

Kukupet went on and hug Dean and gave a nod to Asteria and the odd looking guy.

pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 15:33 Post subject: hat Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat makes his way slowly through the exiting crowd. The play is declared over by the militia and Caissa is rather disappointed.

On his way out he notices a fellow with a tall hat. He's seen that hat before, its quite distinctive.

"Kukupet?! Are you here in Southampton? Still selling those shoddy knives are you?" he gives Kukupet a playful nudge at the inside joke. It is not until then that he recognizes the entire group. He doesn't like the look in Dean's eyes one bit.

---fromENkukupet

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 15:44 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kukupet turns his attention towards another familiar face.

Oh its you Caissa! Nay Nay, my knives never been shoddy at all! My knives are for cutting purposes and it have a good appearance. Well, at least it did their job! Also, I'm selling them fairly cheap you know.. Cheaper than what i saw in the Market today!

Finished watching the play eh?

Kukupet can read the answer from Caissa's face showing some utter disgust look. Kukupet laughs heartily.

I must not disturb you for now, see you soon!

With that Kukupet walks back to his group.

pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 15:54 Post subject: Reply with quote
Now with several wittnesses so they almost had to come, Dean repeats his preivious statement.

"I would like to ask you two some questions"

His view changed between Feirna and Launce. His grip tightened on his sword.

"Seperatly"

pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 16:02 Post subject: Reply with quote
Craft suddenly becomes quite aware fo the half drawn sword, and looks to the respective parties curiously.

"Oh dear." He fidgets uncomfortably, wanting to socialize more with this interesting collage of characters, but thinks better of it. "Kukupet, I do beleive it's time our party moves on so that these folks can have their private chat."

Craft checks one more time to be assured that the lady Fierna is quite alright.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 20:34 Post subject: Reply with quote
After knodding to the gentlemen as they introduce themselves, Launcelot smiles at Dean, "As I said, the hour is getting late and I have to get my dear cousin back."

Launcelot looks at Dean's half drawn sword then makes sure that he speaks loud enough for the gentlemen as well as the people walking out of the theater to hear, "Dean, I think you're taking Asteria's rejection of you a little hard. Put your sword away before I am forced to call for the sheriff. Jealousy is an ugly creature, DEAN... You most certainly will NOT get the Lady Asteria alone. If you continue to harass her, I shall have to take measures."

With that Launcelot looked around to make sure that everyone heard what he said, then he reached for Asteria's hand.
pnj

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 20:45 Post subject: oh dear Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat is troubled by Kukupet's reaction. He hopes he hadn't offended the esteemed counsellor, he had only been joking about the knives.

Launcelot's words to Dean pierce Caissa like a knife to the heart. He is completely taken in by the lie. Now Dean's actions at the Legionnaire seem like a jealous rage and his action in following Launcelot and Asteria out of Dorchester seems like stalking.

"Come on Dean, haven't you spilled enough blood for one day? Let them alone."

He turns to Lady Asteria, "I fear you are enjoying the hospitality of Southampton over-much. Smooth must be worried out of his mind with your absence. Shouldn't you and your cousin be heading back soon?"

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007 23:26 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Asteria lets out a surprised shriek as Craft bumps into her. The gentleman helps her up and says, "Oh my! Please accept my most sincere apologies, Lady Asteria. Say, it's been awhile, but wait, you're not Asteria are you, dear?"

Not sure of how to respond, Asteria stalls for a moment before Kukupet looks up and asks, "Well! Well! Who is this if not the Dread Pirate Queen of Dorchester! And why'd you dress up like this?? Cos play eh??Say, where is smooth? And who is this person next to you?"

Figuring her disguise is useless anyway, Asteria smiles at both of the gentlemen starts to open her mouth in reply, but Kukupet turns to regard Dean, "OH! Dean you are here too? What business you have here?? Catching some criminal for The Wiltshire Army again eh?? Just tell me if ya need anything ya know."

Caissa approaches and the men from Winchester start talking to him. Glad for the distraction, Asteria is content to let the attention turn from her and her companion until Dean requests a talk with each of them individually.

Launcelot states that he will not allow such a meeting and takes Asteria's hand. Caissa backs Launcelot up on the proclamation and says to Asteria, "I fear you are enjoying the hospitality of Southampton over-much. Smooth must be worried out of his mind with your absence. Shouldn't you and your cousin be heading back soon?"

Asteria nods to Caissa, "Aye. We hath stayed in Southampton over-much indeed, me thinks. We shalt depart soon, I fear. T'was good seeing thee, my friend! Thank thee for thy hospitality!"

Turning to Kukupet and Craft, "Tis good to see thee both again! Forgive mine unusual appearance. I wast trying a new look for the Dread Pirate Queen!" She winks at Kukupet, "Give my regards to Bronwenellen when thou seest her again. I hope she and the child fare well!"

Stepping forward, but seeing Dean has not relaxed a bit, Asteria smiles at him, "Don't worry for me, dear friend! I wilt be returned to Dorchester, anon and wilt buy thee a round for thy troubles in Feud's HAW!"
pnj

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 00:35 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean remained in the doorway. Still tense he spoke

"I would like to speak with you two seperately."

He looked at Launce

"If you would feel more comfortable, I will ask the priest to sit in on the conversation"

pnj

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 00:41 Post subject: reply Reply with quote
"If you would feel more comfortable, I will ask the priest to sit in on the conversation" says Dean.

"I think everyone would feel more comfortable," replies Caissa, his voice rising in volume, "if you took your hand of that blood-stained sword!"

pnj

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 00:50 Post subject: Reply with quote
Deans hand fell from his sword, However, it remained half drawn and Dean still blocked the doorway.

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Dillinger

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 13:10 Post subject: Reply with quote
"I realize you're upset, Dean. But you're causing a scene. Step away from the door and no one is the worse for it. The Lady Asteria needs to be getting back, and you barring her way is only going to cause trouble more trouble for you. You've already killed one man today, Dean. I understand that you are unsettled. But your mannerisms are making me fear for Asteria's safety. There is no way I'm going to allow her to be taken off by a love-crazed man who has already demonstrated his capacity for needless violence... even if there is a priest present."

Launcelot looked to Caissa and Company for support in this position.

"I do recommend that you go see the priest, however. Confession is good for the soul."

Launcelot pauses...

"This can all be forgiven if you just step aside."
---fromENAnthemus

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 13:24 Post subject: Reply with quote
Anthemus had been watching the whole plot behind his heavy oak desk by means of his informants.The situation seemed to have gone out of control long ago. Strangely enough his emotions had settled down. Asteria wasn't the kind of woman he could be with. Odysseus wouldn't seal his ears before the Sirenes' song thought to himself He wouldn't marry one of them either though:lol:. .

The whole question was about their gonna-come baby. And he wouldn't let his heir to be raised in the lounges as a Patron or in the woods like a wolf.It was already evident to him that other pieces should be added to the chessboard.

His mind turned towards that wildcat dressed in green. She certainly would be his queen in this game. His so valuable tower, The_Light had been blocked. There is a rat close to me he thought in anger Somehow,Ecthelion found out that The_Light was helping me and left him with no job in the Wiltshire Council. From now on, The_Light is out.

It was high time for an urgent move by Anthemus. He wrote and sealed two letters.One to Caissadiplomat and one to young Miniphoenix.

Quote:

Dear Caissa,

You can no longer play fool. I m sure you understand that your errand boy was not killed by just an accident. If you want no more victims and justice to be delivered, make sure that Asteria won't leave Southamptom before I come there. Neither with Dean NOR with her "cousin". I know I can rely on our friendship and your cunning. Don't ask any questions for now.Just act in rush.

Semper Fidelis

Anthemus (the motto will tell you more than this name)

Quote:
Dear Miniphoenix,

Follow your father's instructions and do your best to help him.

A friend.

Both letters arrived in the the party and were delivered to the Spokesman's and the Secretary's office.
pnj

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 19:35 Post subject: accomodations Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat receives a message brought by a lad from the orphanage. He reads it over and then shoves it in his pocket. The situation is now very complicated for him, but he has always trusted the man behind the letter and knows that failing to obey would bring consequences for everyone.

"Dean, I'm sure you have important concerns, but in your present state of mind, I don't think you're capable of handling things the right way. Why don't you sleep on it? Come to the Legionnaire tomorrow, and perhaps we can work something out."

"Asteria, you and your cousin shouldn't leave this late at night, why don't you stay above The Legionnaire? I'll make sure the militia guard your rooms. You can get provisions tomorrow and be on your way. The journey will be much more pleasant if you're rested."

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 20:18 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Fierna smiles, seeing that this situation is getting going well.

"Thank thee, dear friend! T'wouldst be great to get some rest after this most distressful day. Please, accompany us there, Caissa." Fierna replies as she takes Launcelot's hand.
Dillinger

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 20:33 Post subject: Reply with quote
Launcelot smiles as they walk towards the tavern with the rooms above it. He can't shake the feeling that he just accepted an invitation from a lion to visit the den. This will require a great deal more effort than first imagined.

Launcelot is concerned.
pnj

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 20:35 Post subject: relieved Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat yawns, hoping to induce another member of the company to yawn also. He has seen chain reaction yawning in church many times and he hopes to turn that observation into an advantage here.

He heads back to The Legionniare, picking up militia woman Illynya on the way. He tells her not to allow anyone up the stairs after he has taken Launcelot and Fierna up. He tells Asteria, "I'll serve you breakfast and have your horses brought round in the morning."

He waits a little for that to sink in, and just as they are heading up the steps he asks Asteria where the horses are, as if it were an afterthought.

Illynya

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 20:44 Post subject: Reply with quote
Illynya smiled to herself as Caissa gave her instructions to guard the stairs to the Legionnaire. Spending the night at her normal haunt was definitely not going to be her hardest militia assignment.

After seeing the two guests safely upstairs with Caissa, she closes the door and takes her usual seat at the bar to wait.
pnj

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007 21:10 Post subject: Reply with quote
If the lady Asteria has no horses, the Winchester chapter of extraordinary men, having little use for their little armada, shall be glad to lend their boats to her disposal.

We look forward to meeting again. It's been the most marvelous of events to have stumbled upon you all. Now, we must be off to Salisbury, to hunt for fox. Farewell, everyone!

Until our paths do cross once more...

---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 02:03 Post subject: none Reply with quote
Asteria says her goodbyes to the visitors from Winchester, promising to visit them again soon.

After they leave, she follows Caissa to the stairs. "I'll serve you breakfast and have your horses brought round in the morning." he says.

As they reach the stairs, he asks them where the horses are. Asteria looks to Launcelot with a puzzled expression, "We hath just the one," she replies to Caissa, "but I know not where tis. Doth thou know, cousin?"

After they get up to their room, Asteria washes her face and hair in the warm water of the wash basin Caissa had brought up for her. "Much good the hair didst me!" Asteria playfully smirks at Launcelot, "seems every lad and his mum recognized me still."
Asteria

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 02:04 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
Asteria, in her natural hair color, walks over to Launcelot, who still seems a bit on edge. Smiling playfully, she clasps her hands behind his neck and looks into his eyes, "What troubles thee, dear? I hath noticed how tense thou hath become!" she remarks, "Surely ourn problems hath been resolved for the moment!"
pnj

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 02:18 Post subject: horses Reply with quote
Caissa goes back outside to where Dean is still fuming.

"Say Dean, didn't you say you uncovered some foul play involving a horse the other day? Do you think you could find that horse, I'd rather like to take a closer look."

pnj

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 03:39 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Yes, I bet I could"

Dean slips out the door. It had become quite dark. He slipped back inside, grabbed a torch and slipped back out. Carefully he walks the path to the town stables.

Nope nothing

Dean thought to himself. Like he actually expected to find it there. He took a walk down some of the back roads. To his surprise he saw a horse in one of the feilds.

He jumped the fence and slowly walked up to it. Dean ran the torch around the horse. Sure enough it was the same horse. He ran his hand across its muzzle. Sure enough something smear, but what. It was too dry for mud. His mind told him paint.

He lead the horse back to the tavern, taking a quick peak at the sign in front of the feild. He smiled to himslef.

"Found It"

Dean announced as he walked inside. Caissa walked bakc out with Dean

"Where did you find it?"

Said Caissa.

Dean smiled and patted the horses stomach. Staring Caissa straight in the eyes, he said

"I hope someone doesnt miss his wheat feild"

OOC: Caissa hope you dont mind me using your character for a second, Im in a good mood and felt like droping a joke

pnj

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 13:01 Post subject: sabotage Reply with quote
Caissa, Dean and the horse go to Caissa's forge where they will be away from prying eyes and ears.

Caissa inspects the horse while talking:

"Dean, you're a great soldier, everyone knows that. But this mystery won't be solved with main force. We've got to keep them here in Southampton until something breaks."

Caissa takes some tools and nearly removes one horse shoe. He leaves it a little bent from metal stress and attached with two weakened, loose nails.

"Try and interrogate them at breakfast, but forget about getting them alone, you'll have to do it with them together; and you'll have it do it nicely as they are not obliged to answer anything. After breakfast, we'll let them go, but this horse won't get them there, they'll have to turn back and waste another whole day here at least. Take the horse back where you found it, and feed it these herbs, it won't harm the beast, but it will be lazy and just about useless tomorrow."

pnj

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 14:03 Post subject: Reply with quote
Caissa something else to point out

He brushed the horses muzzle, and paint smeared

pnj

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 16:03 Post subject: hmm Reply with quote
"I suppose you were right all along about the paint, Dean. I apologize for doubting you. Now get the horse back where you found it. I'll have the militia get you if they try to move tonight. I'm going to get some sleep."

Caissa has a bed right there at the forge and its nice and warm. After Dean leaves he's asleep in minutes.

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Dillinger

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007 20:33 Post subject: Reply with quote
Launcelot looked at Asteria, her hair still dripping wet. "I am a born rogue, Asteria, and I know when things are amiss. There is something going on here that is more than we have been let on to."

Launcelot points to the door, "There are posted guards at the door to 'protect' us, when the only one they should know of that is the slightest bit against us is Dean. Why do they not just lock him in the jail tonight?"

Launcelot paces towards the window and looks at the 15 foot drop to the ground outside. "I think when the moon drops behind the tavern and this side is not bathed in light, we should make out exit from Southampton and not look back."
pnj

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 00:35 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean had his supicians though. He posted a 2 guards at the wall below the window. As he bid them good night, he swore he saw someone looking down from the window.

Dillinger

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 01:50 Post subject: Reply with quote
Waves at Dean...
Asteria

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 02:16 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
"Well," Asteria sighs, "we art effectively surrounded. Perhaps thou art right."

Drying off her hair incase they will make an escape attempt, Asteria asks Launcelot, "Doth thou have any ideas?"
pnj

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 02:37 Post subject: Reply with quote
Waves back

---fromENRubyFox

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 11:16 Post subject: Reply with quote
Sparks alight in the small storage shed outside the tavern, a thick pungent smoke spills forth threatening to cover the tavern in it’s choking embrace, what is that burning?

A glint from a mirror shines into the top window of the tavern.
---fromENFierna

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 11:21 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
Asteria sees the flash of light and goes over to look out the window. Looking out, she sees the smoke billowing up across the street.

"Look, Launce! Tis a fire alight outside!" Asteria exclaims, "perhaps the guards below wilt go to tend it!"

Asteria wonders what could be going on and if now would be a good time to make a break for it.
Dillinger

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 13:27 Post subject: Reply with quote
(OOC: LOL, that's just underhanded... I love it)

Launcelot stares in disbelief at the burning storage shed and genuinely feels for just a second that Jah loves him. He's sure the feeling will pass, but for the moment he is touched.

He pops open the shutters to the window and hops up onto the ledge. Grabbing the overhang above him, he pulls himself up onto the roof, dropping his hand down afterwards to pull up Asteria.

They crawl across the rooftop to the far side where the stable is located. Launcelot takes a running start and leaps onto the stable roof. From there he hops to the ground and hands the stable boy 3 pounds to keep quiet until they have made their escape.

They saddled the horse, and within five minutes of the fire starting in the storage shed, they were to be on their way.

Last edited by Dillinger on 08 Feb 2007 15:44; edited 1 time in total
pnj

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 13:55 Post subject: Fire! Fire! Reply with quote

Valatan sat up shapish in his bed. He had been spending too much time in the tavern and not enough time looking for Asteria.

'Fire! Fire!'

He could hear much shouting from outside. Dressing himself as quickly as possible he stumbled downstairs and out into the hectic activity in the street. Watchmen and Militia were forming a chain from the well. Passsing full buckets along and empty back as the fire raged.

'Somthings amiss...'

Valatan runs into the tavern and kicks the sleeping Feudalknight.

'Waken up you son of a harlot! They are maknig thier move!'

Valatan storms into his room grabbing a young stable boy on the way past.

'Have our horses ready! now! and grab that scout, Dean.'

He thought to himself, if anyone could find them in this dark it would be Dean. Taking his chainmail over his head he smiled at the thought of the chase.

[OOC: Sorry I haven't been around too long but I'll catch up! Going well by the way.]

pnj

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 14:03 Post subject: Reply with quote
The Moon was bright as the pair reached the sleeping town of South Hampton. Their ride had been a largely silent journey from Somerset. Just the cold night air and the sound of the wind as they galloped their way through the forests that dotted the land between the counties. Each lost in their own thoughts about the tasks that lay aheadwhen they
arrived.

The woman was chilled to the bone as her long ringlets were still damp from her earlier and largely successful attempt to tame their color intosomething less noticeable and make herself less rescognizable. Her pale porcelain skin was made even more so by the rich walnut stained tresses she had tied back and tucked beneath the rich blue of her
cloak. Her cheeks were stained with a deep pink from the rough caress of the wind as they rode.

She caught herself looking over to the Man she rode beside from time to time on her journey...her political adversary. Wondering over again at the desperation and determination that led him to seek her assistance and entrust her with this task that would in time prove no doubt equally important to both parties. She found herself somewhere between
resentment at having to go to such length to assist the rival party and gratitude at having been the person he had chosen as an accomplice in the mission as her discretion in the matter was assured and one could not be too sure in these tumutuous days where loyalties truly lay with people within one's own circle.

Her reverie was broken as His Horse slowed in a glen just before the road widened that led into South Hampton...He gestured to her to follow as he dismounted and began to lead his horse into the wood. Circe followed upon the great beast beneath her. At last, satisfied they were well covered from view of the road, He approached her horse and held out
his hand to her. She took the proffered hand and dismounted gracefully.

Circe spoke softly as she looked once more into his lined face. The set determined look was still evident in his eyes. Almost cold yet hinting at the pain this had caused.
you are sure???
she asked.
You are certain M'Lord this Is what you must do? for there will be no turning back once the plan is set in motion and you will in the end be assuming full responsibility for another life. For the length of his sojourn on earth he will be your responsibility. I respect your reasoning Sir but as a woman I must repeat there are long reaching matters of the heart that this will weigh heavily upon both for you and this woman of your past.

the woman beneath the midnight blue of the cloak hood waited for a breath as he looked her straight in the eye and in an unwavering voice spoke:

I am Sure of what I do and why.

She turned back to her Horse and called to him as she prepared to mount once more.

Then Let us be about this business, Dawn will be upon us soon. I presume you have made arrangements for accomodation so I shall follow you in...

The silver moon created a lacy veil through the forest as they covered the last miles to town in Silence.....

Illynya

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 15:50 Post subject: Reply with quote
Illynya sat up quickly as the acrid smell of smoke billowed in the window. Leaning through it, she sees flames sprouting from the roof of the storehouse. Cursing, she ran to the upstairs door and ripped it open, calling for Heather to follow.

By the time she reached the room in which Caissa had left his guests, it was empty and the window was wide open.

"Get Dean and tell him they've gone over the roof" She tells Heather, "Then go wake Caissadiplomat and tell him his tavern is on fire."

As the barmaid runs downstairs, Illynya crosses the room and leans out the window, catching a glimpse of two silhouettes moving quickly but carefully along the roof towards the stables.

Then she sees the fire spreading rapidly and goes to spread the alarm.
pnj

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 16:04 Post subject: Reply with quote
As dean threw a bucket of water on the fire, Heather approached him. Through the roar of the flame, and the screams of the people around him, he could barely make out what she was saying. After a couple minutes of yelling "WHAT" he finally understood what she had said, Asteria and Lance had escaped.

Dean ran to Cassia, he bid him farewell and asked him to tell the rest of the soldiers to follow him. He took a horse from the stables, and galloped off after them. Following the very faint horseprints.

pnj

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 20:03 Post subject: my tavern!! Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat tells Dean as he is departing, "Don't worry about Launcelot, he'll be back."

He recites to himself a little poem as he dresses to attend to the fire:

For want of a nail the shoe was lost
for want of a shoe the horse was lost
for want of a horse the man was lost

He arrives at the fire to see that it appears to have been controlled with only cosmetic damage to the exterior. The Southampton Fire Brigade was quick to respond thankfully and had done a great job.

The shed is another matter, having been totally destroyed. "Hmm," Caissa says to himself, "I'll have to find someplace else to store my oily rags, spare parchments, tinder and firewood."

Asteria

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007 21:46 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
The two ride off away from Southampton when the horse starts limping oddly.

Asteria grips Launcelot's arm around her waist and asks, "Doth thou notice the odd gait of ourn horse?"

Growing worried, she adds, "Perhaps we shouldst stop to examine its hoof. We doth not want to break its leg!"
Dillinger

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007 00:05 Post subject: Reply with quote
"I knew that was too easy," Launcelot says in disgust as he examines the horses ruined shoe.

"Hop down, doll. We're gonna have to walk back. Unless you want to venture walking to the next town? I certainly don't."

Launcelot looks up at the Asteria and is struck once again by her beauty. He is not upset in the slightest that they didn't escape. If his luck holds out, maybe he'll get to stay with her a while longer.

"If we head back now, we'll likely make it back in time for breakfast."

He smiles at her... He doesn't know if she realizes it or not, but he considers himself the luckiest man in England.

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum