Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Asking and The Date

Go down

The Asking and The Date Empty The Asking and The Date

Post  Emrys Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 am

Emrys_ambrose
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010 00:25

The twins were safe and having fun in the care of their older brother. The rush of excited guests filled the halls with the echoes of their footsteps. Not long ago, they were here in celebration for a holiday that lasted until the new year came. And with that, a party for the birthday of the twins. The decor then was mostly gold and red, a contrast to the whiteness of the snow that laid outside the walls and covered the ground. Now it was green outside and the interior of the Kirkoswald was filled with white.

Emrys followed Lady Morgan into the castle, never more than a few steps behind. He spotted Raistlin about the reception area. It was uncanny how the old butler appeared to make even the most minute of details right, only to disappear again once done. Lady Morgan headed for the bar and he walked parallel to her until she turned and announced that the drinks were going to start flowing. He smiled, stepping closer and taking her hand in just as she finished. She left herself be pulled away from the crowd so it took no effort to lead her to a more quiescent area.

He stopped then and turned to face her, a small smile on his lips. A sudden bout of nervousness impaired his thought and speech. So he breathed deeply to regain both. "Lady Morgan... There is an event I will be going to in a few days. It is my cousin's wedding and I would like to invite you." And then the trouble started... "Not as a friend. I mean...not that I do not think you are, because you are. My friend I mean." He sighed, collecting his thoughts then speaking more clearly. "Would you do me the honor of being my date?" This one action had bearing and meaning to him, and perhaps the only thing he had planned since a special unexpected realization came to both of them.

Shriekersmom
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010 00:34

He took her hand and pulled her off to one of the alcoves, seemed the castle had many. She was learning where most were from her twins hiding in them and jumping out to surprise any walking near.
Smiling a nervous smile as she wondered what he wanted some privacy for, the smile spread as she listened to him speak. When he finished she was beaming. "Yes, Emrys I would love to attend...as your date."

Emrys_ambrose
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010 09:29

The grin on his face was just as wide as hers. He had hoped that she would say yes, although some doubt made its way into his thoughts causing him to stammer at the most inopportune moment. A line of servants who were carrying gifts and placing them all in one table caught his eye, suddenly remembering his own little offering to the couple. "I have yet to give my wedding present. Shall I go do that and fetch us some drinks as well?" Lady Morgan nodded and agreed to wait for him as he did so.

Emrys laid his gift of the table along with the rest, making sure it was secure before heading to the bar. There would be no shortage of Morgan Rum in this celebration. He asked for two of those then went back to the lady patiently expecting his return.

Emrys

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum