Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tale of Two Mayors: An RP

Go down

A tale of Two Mayors: An RP Empty A tale of Two Mayors: An RP

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Asteria

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007 00:19 Post subject: A tale of Two Mayors: An RP Reply with quote
The sun had risen directly overhead as a lone horsewoman rides into Southampton from the Northwest. As the horse gallops through Southampton's gate, the rider's cloak, dark purple on the outside and bright red on the inside, seems to hover outwards like fiery wings. Villagers stop in their tracks and watch the rider move swiftly down the street even though the spectacle of the horsewoman was something every one of them had seen at least a few times before. Indeed, it is not surprise at the rider's imposing appearance that gives the citizens of this large town pause, rather it is the significance of her arrival; the Dread Pirate Queen has once again come to Southampton and judging by her haste, she is on a mission.

The great brown steed slows its pace as it approaches the town centre, finally coming to a stop near the stables. Swinging one leg over the horse, the pirate monarch dismounts her great horse with ease despite her small stature. She adjusts her tricorn so that it fits snugly over her golden locks, coming to rest slightly above the rim of her eye patch. Asteria Sennall quickly tethers her horse to a post and looks up towards the tell-tale spire of the Town Hall complex before heading off towards it.

Lady Sennall's boots clomp loudly on the cobbled street of the town proper as she moves swiftly towards the Town Hall with her head bent slighly downwards and her jaw set in determination. A few moments later, the Pirate Queen stops before the tall structure, leans back slightly so that she can gaze up towards the window she knows to belong to the mayor's office, cups her hands to her mouth and calls loudly towards the opened window, "Mayor the Light of Southampton! I call to thee! Harken to my words! Surely thou art aware of the feud existing between us! Tis gone on for far too long so I call thee forth to settle this now! I wouldst mobilize mine army to invade thy town, but my quandary tis with thee, not the folk of thy town!" Asteria pauses momentarily to let her words sink in and to draw breath, "Being so, I call upon thee to decide this matter honorably in personal combat! Come hither anon, so we mayst be done 'afore the sun sinks into the horizon!"

Upon finishing her challenge, the Lord Mayor of Oxford places her hands on her hips, holding back her cloak to revealing the prized rapier a friend had given her and continues to gaze upwards towards the window. Silence descends upon the town as all seem to await the long-standing Mayor of Southampton’s reply.
pnj

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007 14:40 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces arrived back from practicing at the beach to see a small crowd gathering. He walks toward the crowd and sees Lady Senall. He hears her challenge and smiles:

"This should be fun" he thinks.

---fromENcaptainkidd

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007 14:45 Post subject: Reply with quote
captain was working on his field and a town folk came and told him Lady Asteria is at town. He quits his work and run to the town center and he saw the Lady. Step front from the crowd and said "Welcome our town My Lady."
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007 16:48 Post subject: Reply with quote
My advice is to go and take care for your town, your office is without a mayor, that is not good for the town. I don't fight with women.

The Light

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007 21:26 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
Lady Sennall pretends not to notice the crowd gathering to watch, but she can't help smirking a little as she thinks to herself how many of those gathered would probably like to see the arrogant overlord of Southampton humbled a bit.

"Welcome to our town My Lady," a familiar voice calls and Asteria turns around to see her Southampton Captain.

Bending forward, Asteria removes her hat with a flourish and slides her left foot to cross behind her right as she dips into a low bow, "Greetings, to thee, Captainkidd! I am glad to see thee!" standing back up and putting her plumed tricorn back in place, the Dread Pirate Queen sees Merces_Letifer, the brave samurai warrior who gifted her the fine rapier belted to her left hip, standing next to his blood brother, "good to see thee too, Merces! I doth hope to put thy blade to good use this day!" Asteria smirks as The_light calls down from the window.

"My advice is to go and take care for your town, your office is without a mayor, that is not good for the town. I don't fight with women." he calls.

The Mayor of Oxford quickly spins around towards the window again and shouts up, "I didst not ask for thy advice, mine enemy, and I assure thee my town is well cared for! Bring thyself forth anon, I wilt not listen to thy excuses! Me thinkest thou art a general offence and every man here shouldst beat thee, but tis I who hath challenged thee, so come hither, knave!" Asteria stomps her foot on the cobble stones in emphasis as she finishes her rant.
Firedragons

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2007 22:44 Post subject: Reply with quote
FireDragons walks out of the Legionnaire where he had been sparring in the ring with some friends. Sweat drips down his forehead and he still holds his staff in one hand. He approaches the edge of the crowd and recognizes the Mayor of Oxford. He had never met her but had heard much about her. He stood by and waited eagerly to see how The_Light would reply.
---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007 21:47 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kandi, who was just thinking about The Light and how much she disliked his ways, walks closer to the group of people. Overhearing Lady Senall, she frowns at The Light. "Coward! You are not better than anyone else. The Lady is a reasonable person, I have been told, and you could have been more cooperative." Kandi gets closer to The Light, and raises her voice. "If you think you can just hold your head high and walk about making up things, you can think again. " She pokes him in his chest and points back to Lady Senall. "If I hear you telling The Lady what to do again, I will make sure that you regret it!" Kandi smiles at Lady Senall and walks beside Merces. "I really do not like that man." She holds her clenched fists at her sides.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pnj

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007 22:24 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces sees Kandigoddess approaching and observes her furious expression.

"You shouldn't frown like that you know, it ruins such a beautiful face" He says.

Merces sees FD approach and greets him.

"Seems like quite a crowds building..and yet The_Light doesn't come to fight..Maybe Kandi was right." He thinks.

Asteria

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2007 03:12 Post subject: Asteria's Response Reply with quote
Asteria is taken by surprise at Kandigoddess' directness towards The_light, but can't help but smile while watching and thinking to herself, "I suppose he is as unpopular as I though... mayhaps I will run for mayor here at some point," the pirate mused.

Kandigoddess walks away from The_light and smiles at Asteria as she goes to stand next to Merces and says, "I really do not like that man!"

Asteria returns her smile and laughs heartily, "Ha ha! I thank thee for thy support, madame. I take it thou knowest of me by my reputation, but I fear I have not met thee yet." Asteria walks towards the pair, removes her right glove, and extends her hand towards Kandigoddess.
---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 00:17 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kandi moves forward and accepts Asteria's hand.
"I have indeed heard of you. I think we should talk sometime." Kandi throws a hateful glance at The Light. "At least we have one thing in common."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 14:40 Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting how you came to my office and did all this while noone can see what is happening in the TH. But this is just for those who really can think Wink
The Light makes a magic tha tmakes asteria nose to get very long.(if you get the meaning of this) "This will learn you." Also noone can change my magics Very Happy
More bla bla bla or you will go home?

The Light

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 15:20 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Lady Sennall smiles again at Kandigoddess and says, "I wouldst enjoy a talk with thee! Thou must join me in tavern after this matter is resolved!"

The_light interrupts the two women's talk and casts a magical spell that lengthens Asteria's nose. Asteria glares at him, "So, thou hast magic to grow my nose, eh? Well I hath magic to make something else grow long on thou..." Asteria pauses for a moment and touches her index finger to her lips, "Well, I suppose I shouldst say 'longer' as I doubt even my formidable magic canst remove nature's restrictions!" Asteria casts a wink at Merces.

"Fear not, The_light! I am a servant of Jah and I assure thee his powers canst cancel thy heathen sorcery." Asteria smirks and touches her elongated nose, "Well, I suppose I shouldst sing a song now. Remember what thou didst tell me when we met in the Trade Minister's office?" Asteria asks.

The_light wrote:
You still don't know your palce asteria.

"Well, to that I sayeth 'I hath no strings to hold me down...' so thou art welcome to try to put me in my place, but be warned; t'wilt not be easy!" Asteria draws her rapier and levels it at The_light, "En garde, thou pretentious mollycoddle!"
The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 15:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
Talk in modern English
Don't send me your puppies

The Light

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 17:58 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces wonders whether Light really is a coward.

"Using magic? Heh..He does not dare face Lady Senall in armed combat?" He thinks.

Merces awaits, waiting to see if Light has the courage of a fighter.

---fromENMissSerendipity

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 18:46 Post subject: Reply with quote
Miss Serendipity takes a much needed break from the town militia and tending her fields only to discover she has found herself at the edge of a duel...

She wonders what all the commotion is about and what effect all this will have on her town. She decides to join some of the others and sit for a spell to see if she can make sense of what is unfolding before their eyes...

Illynya

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

A tale of Two Mayors: An RP Empty Re: A tale of Two Mayors: An RP

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:54 pm

---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 20:16 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kandi stands up beside Asteria. "I will be delighted to have a victory drink with you Asteria." Kandi stands her ground beside her new friend.
"If you think that your little magic tricks and guards are going to save you then you are certainly mistaken. I might have given up my immortality, but I must remind you that I still have the power of the Goddess. You are no match for Asteria and me." "Oh, I forgot, you are too cowardly to do anything but grow one's nose and call your little guards." Kandi uses the ancient Goddess power to trip The Light off his feet. "I am not one to watch someone try and belittle my friends, Light!" "It is not Asteria who must "learn her place" it is you Light!" Kandi glares at the light and shakes with rage.
Firedragons

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 20:46 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: Light, why did you have to bring magic into this. It just gets so... messy. As I'm sure you learned from our duel in the Legionnaire.

IC: FireDragons watches as The_Light casts a spell to elongate Asteria's nose, and sighs deeply. He grips his staff tighter hoping The_Light won't try to use any more magic on Asteria. FD knows what he's capable of, and has a hard time seeing himself stand by as he does it again.

He steps forward and speaks to Asteria, "Be careful, mi'lady, he's got more than just that up his sleeve. You would be wise to prepare thineself for his attacks."

FD then grips his staff by the hand grips, focusing his energy and chanting under his breath, hoping to Jah he won't have to use it.
pnj

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 20:52 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces steps out of the crowd, his spear over his shoulders behind his neck and his arms over the spear.

"Had to go fetch my spear..cant fight without my prized weapon"

Merces smiles and stands next to Asteria.

"What goods a privateer that wont defend his Queen?"Merces asks.

Merces awaits, ready to strike if needed.

Last edited by pnj on 09 Mar 2007 23:25; edited 1 time in total

---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 20:59 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kandi's smile wavers for a moment. "I have no solid weapon, but, I have my ancestors and my own power." She starts to transform into her goddess form. Her hair grows longer and her body levitates. Her body is clothed in the ancient fashion of the Goddess. "I have loyalty and truth to fight with. Even you, light, cannot fight against the ancients and win."
Illynya

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 01:06 Post subject: Reply with quote
Illynya wanders up with popcorn and ale for the spectators.
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 01:42 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean was watching the_Light and his friend argue, but it was begining to get out of hand. Dean stepped out of the crowd Veneratio and Shield in hand

Tis is a site. Madam and Mister mayor fighting like two dogs over a scrap thrown out of the door with little regard. Thy shall know the pen is mightier than the sword. But thee acts like two beggars which have spotted a pence lying in the road, such as thy dog would under the shade of the most beautiful oak on a warm summer day. Thine is quite thy site, and brings the most unwished names againt thou self. Many a town lie betwixt Oxford and Southampton, and yet thine fights as if thee were a Montauge and a Capulet. Thou shall put away thy arms, if thine ever wish to stand high.

---fromENMissSerendipity

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 02:23 Post subject: Reply with quote
Miss Serendipity sees Illynya approaching with her arms filled with pitchers and baskets of popcorn.

"Yum, just what we needed, thanks!" she says to Illynya. "Is this a regular occurrence in town? I had no idea such things were going on outside our doors... I really should start paying more attention."

After listening to what Dean had to say, Miss Serendipity wonders if his poignant words will have any effect on the dueling parties and their supporters. She patiently awaits the next move... and she thinks to herself, if nothing else, the magic being worked is truly a sight to be seen!

Asteria

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 02:26 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
The short pirate monarch with the long nose smiles widely and thinks how fortunate she is to have the support of so many people. Although she didn't let on before, the fact that The_light was so easily able to disfigure her face worried her more than a little. In all her battles, Asteria had never faced off against a mage and had no idea how to defend against a magical assault. Having another mage and a priestess at her side not to mention the support of at least one very skilled warrior was a great relief.

"Thou art surrounded and outnumbered, The_light! I doth not seek to end thy existence, only to settle ourn personal feud. If thou wilt kneel before us and rescind thy slanderous remarks, I wilt leave thee to thy hovel of a Town Hall and trouble thee nay further unless thou doth defame me again." Asteria offers in a measured tone, keeping her eye locked on The_light, her sword up, and ready to react to any sudden movement. “There is no shame in surrender when thou art hopelessly over-matched.” Lady Sennall remarks even though she knows The_light knows differently.
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 02:45 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean listens to Asteria state that there is no shame in surrender when one is outmatched

But what be the point, of laying down ones arms in defeat, when the fight will never occur.

Veneratio gleamed in the sun

---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 02:55 Post subject: Reply with quote
"I dont give a damn about looking bad in front of anyone! I fight for what I believe in, this is not an unworthy duel that we are talking about. If The Light weren't such a power hungry jerk then we wouldn't be here in this mess. If he has nothing to hide then he can do what Asteria and quite a few of us have asked him to do. " Kandi stamps her foot. The ground tremors slightly. "He has gone too far, not us." "His head got too big for his title as mayor." Kandi spits in The Lights direction. " I will not stand here and allow him to rule over us. He is MAYOR not king! If I had my way I would make sure that he never had a taste of power again. He should not have insulted Asteria, and he should not have closed the archives."
Asteria

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 02:56 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Asteria chances a quick glance over her shoulder towards Dean2010, but immediately snaps her gaze back on The_light. "What doth thou speak of, friend? The fight wilt not occur? How so?" she asks.

Kandigoddess replies to Dean and Asteria smiles and nods, glad she and the other woman are of the same mind on this matter.
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 03:07 Post subject: Tasle of two Mayors Reply with quote
I have your back my lady. If you need a second, I will come to thy aid if you call.

Illynya

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 03:27 Post subject: Reply with quote
After ridding herself of her burdens, Illynya leans on her staff with interest.

"Yum, just what we needed, thanks!" she says to Illynya. "Is this a regular occurrence in town? I had no idea such things were going on outside our doors... I really should start paying more attention." Missserendipity says to her.

"Well, not this particular episode, Miss, but there's usually something strange happening at any given time. For instance, The Legionnaire was destroyed just the other day in an epic battle, but there she stands, good as new."
She gestures to the Tavern behind them looking as normal as always, save for the faded 'Welcome Back Illynya' banner that was slowly falling apart.
Caissa should really take that down one of these days she thinks to herself as she turns back to watch the excitement.
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 03:27 Post subject: Reply with quote
Through the ages of thine Jah's world, there have always been those who seek power. All the way back to the biblical times of Cain. Where he slaughtered his brother, his own kin to gain the lords favor. And like those who will follow him, he was doomed to eternity with the demon whos name shall not be spoken here.

But let I quote Sir William Shakespeare "Wether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outragous fortune, or take arms against a sea of trouble, and by opposing end them?"

I say in the witness of all these honor people, and in the witness of Jah. Madam mayor, do not take arms against thee. Hither here, or there, let it go. Take the noble path, and suffer the slings and arrows of outragous fortune. Do not take arms against this trouble. Instead let Jah judge him at the gates of St. Peter. Less you become what you insult.

pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 03:34 Post subject: Tale of two mayors Reply with quote
The Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

-- William Butler Yeats

I say the Light should apologize for his repeated slights to such a great lady.

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:54 pm

Asteria

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 03:53 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Degas offers his support and says without turning, "Thank thee, my brother-in-law! Thou need not back me up in every fight I enter. Wouldst be a full-time job for thee!"

Dean makes it plain that he wishes Asteria to withdraw her challenge. And the Dread Pirate Queen's voice raises as she responds, "Thou knowst not what thou speak on, Dean! I hath suffered the lashes of his barbed tongue for many a day. I hath watched without objection as he abused his power and tried to intimidate his peers! I wilt not allow it to continue further! He hath crossed the line this time!"
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 03:55 Post subject: Reply with quote
Dean could tell that the pen could not persuade Asteria. He motioned, and the militia joined him blocking the two groups apart

Firedragons

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:06 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: I wonder, how is it possible for us to stand in our own way? Most of the people who serve as militia are the ones you wish to separate.
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:07 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: Well, if you consider this is ROLE PLAY errrr *roles eyes*

Firedragons

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:10 Post subject: Reply with quote
OOC: Still, you have to admit that would be a pretty funny sight, seeing us all trying to stand between ourselves and The_Light. I'm perfectly willing to RP not being militia today to allow the RP to flow, but it's still an amusing thought.
Asteria

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:14 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
[OOC: Ha! That it would, FireDragons! Dean? Do you realize you are standing against the wishes of your Dread Pirate Queen for The_light?! Is it worth it? Wink ]
Illynya

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:17 Post subject: Reply with quote
Throws popcorn at all the OOC
Come on, get on with it! Razz
pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:19 Post subject: Tale of two mayors Reply with quote
The light is nothing but a coward, Asteria. I do not see him having enough cajones to duel you. He is yellow thru and thru.

pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 04:45 Post subject: Reply with quote
[OOC: im not on anyones side im nuetral, and dont want to see a fight]

Asteria

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 05:21 Post subject: Asteria's Request Reply with quote
[OOC: That's why I'm offering to let him stand down! Very Happy For you lily-livered landlubbers out there who get sqeamish at the sight of blood! Razz]
The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 17:23 Post subject: Reply with quote
Me shows up in Kandi's minds and let her see one moment part of his power and whisper in her mind "If I wanted this duel would have ended before much time"
The Light just thinks about everything around him fixed and it starts self-repairing.
Asteria you are wrong in your thinking, your "supporters" offered me yesterday in the tavern to send the guards to kill you. I wouldn't call that "support" Wink
However, you can bark as long as you want, I don't care.

The Light

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 17:29 Post subject: Tale of two Mayors Reply with quote
(Degas sends a message to the Light)

If anyone ever lays a hand on Asteria, I will hold you responsible. From then on, you will have two shadows.

Sincerely,

Degas

The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 17:35 Post subject: Reply with quote
The Light redceives the message and after reading it he simply teleports it in the hands of Merces with an additional note saying "This message should be for you"

The Light

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 18:07 Post subject: Reply with quote
captain was walking his brother merces and saw the paper and reads it. Understood the writing style was Light's. Explained Merces this note is for Light Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 18:13 Post subject: Tale of two Mayors Reply with quote
(degas send a note back to THe Light)

The Light, I do not care what Merces said or did, anything you say is suspect and is twisted. Merces is a good man. This proves you cannot be trusted , since you will betray anyone in a second. My criminal record is clean, is yours?

Degas

Last edited by pnj on 10 Mar 2007 18:36; edited 1 time in total

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:55 pm

pnj

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 18:14 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces impales the note on his spear.

"I asked you to send the guards for a reason. It would make this duel alot more exciting if i killed everyone of them would it not? Plus there would be nothing stopping Asteria from taking your head on her own without you hiding behind your pathetic guards and it would make an example of your pathetic cowardice about sending the guards to do your dirty work."

Merces takes his stance, his spear pointing at Light.
"Maybe ill just take your head myself coward!"

Last edited by pnj on 10 Mar 2007 18:20; edited 1 time in total

Firedragons

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 18:18 Post subject: Reply with quote
Noticing the distress in people's faces and the magical note appearing in Merces hands next to him. FireDragons sighs once again.

"The_Light, your attempts to intimidate these people will not work. They are speaking their minds and no amount of fear can stop that. I will fight for honour and if you continue to use magic to try and manipulate this senario I will be forced to fight against you as well.

"You try to avoid the initial challenge made to you. How do you think it appears to these people, the people of Southampton, who are supposed to respect you as mayor, if you refuse to even acknowledge this challenge. If your honour is intact, then please, do the right thing. Either accept Asteria's challenge and fight her, fairly without use of magic, using only your skill with a blade and experience, or apologize for your slights against her character. For thou art sure to lose if thy arrogance stays with you."

FD places a hand on kandigoddess' shoulder and smiles, "It's alright, his power can be overcome, through teamwork, and friendships."
---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 18:51 Post subject: Reply with quote
Kandi, who is so angry with The Light she is doing all she can to maintain self control, begins to speak again. "There is not a bit of honor in The Lights entire being. We could ask him all day to pick good, but the power has gone to his head. " Kandi glances at Asteria. "I hope you all can hold me back if we do fight, because I don't know if I could stop myself from killing this worthless coward."
The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 21:13 Post subject: Reply with quote
The Light looks at the few people outside from the beautiful decorated window of his office. My arts are my power.
The Light smiles happily after reading the minds of people around entertaining him greatly.

The Light

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 22:15 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Asteria holds her arms out to the sides, holding her companions back, "I doth not think we need to kill him..." She looks pointedly at Merces as he levels his spear.

"His power comes from the support of the people and he doth not have that anymore. A true leader knows that the people art their strength and tries to aid them. A true leader doth not threaten and intimidate to achieve their selfish goals."

Asteria looks up towards the window, "I feel The_light's long-standing rule over Southampton is about to end. Surely there wilt be another who wouldst lead this town better than he, but tis better to let him live to see the err of his ways and hope that he wilt learn for the experience and change."

Seeing The_light’s silhouette in the window, Asteria calls up to him loudly, “The_light! I didst not come hither to make thee answer for thy ill-treatment of myself; I come to make thee answer for thy general lack of regard and disrespect for thy peers! I hath seen how thou treats those thou doth business with and it is appalling. Show some decency and mend thy erroneous ways before thy kingdom falls in on thee!”
Sonnie

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007 22:54 Post subject: Reply with quote
Staggering into the middle of the crowd comes Bucaneer, Sonnie, with the smell of The Drunken Uncle's best rum on her breath singing her favorite pirate song....

Aye, that's the life of a pirate.....
No Prey, No Pay....

What's an eye for an eye?........
No Prey, No Pay....

Make 'em walk the plank........
No Prey, No Pay....

Fo that's the life of a pirate......
Fo that's the life of a pirate........
No Prey, No Pay....

She stops right near Ms One Eye and looks very deep into the one eye and then begins to notice that nose. "Hey, now what happened here to our Dread Pirate Queen? She is a member of me pirate family, ye know"?

Sonnie pulls out her rum bottle and lifts it up in the air and examines it closely recalling what Agris said about this rum will kick u in de duff iffen you aint careful. Sonnie wonders if she didnt have a bit too much to drink.
She then looks up at Light leaning out the window and she listens to him and Asteria exchange a few words.

Humm? Sonnie thinks to herself.... as she smiles... Pirates can handle their own so looks like he is in a wee bit of trouble today!

Looking over at the big crowd of folks, Sonnie yells out.... "How's about a wager? I bet on Asteria givin the_Light a good tending to. I say she cleans his clock and sends him to bed without no sup! Who up for a bet? Who says he will win against a pirate"?

Sonnie swings her hand full of money around knowing not how much is in her hand.

She then begins singin out....

That's the life of a pirate, No prey no pay!

Sonnie
Cheers
Illynya

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 05:27 Post subject: Reply with quote
Illynya walks over and lays a hand on Merces' shoulder, feeling how tense his muscles are.

"Relax, my friend, these guards are merely doing their jobs, it is not worth so much unnecessary bloodshed. I'm sure your Lady Asteria is more than capable of handling the situation, and as this is her fight, she has the right to make the first move...and the last."
The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 09:15 Post subject: Reply with quote
The Light laughs at the few people called "crowd" and returns to his office stuff thinking how in the dark are most of them and that they see only what they want to see.
I should check these papers The Light says to himself and starts signing documents all wonders are for three days

The Light

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 16:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces grips his spear even tighter as he watches the Silhouette disappear from the window.

"He turns his back on us without answering our call..His arrogance knows no bounds!" Merces thinks.

Last edited by pnj on 11 Mar 2007 16:53; edited 1 time in total

pnj

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 16:52 Post subject: Tale of two Mayors Reply with quote
(Degas grabs a large rock and throws it thru the window at the silhouette letting out a yell as he sees it strike home).

pnj

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 16:56 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Good shot my friend..make sure its an arrow next time" Merces says through gritted teeth, his spear point still toward light, but his feet remain perfectly still.

---fromENMissSerendipity

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 17:11 Post subject: Reply with quote
Miss Serendipity remains with the ever growing crowd of onlookers. As a fairly new citizen of Southampton she is shocked to see such insults,and now rocks, continually hurled at the town's mayor and continues to wonder if they are deserved. The people she has gotten to know best in the town all seem to be in agreement... and she has come to trust her friends' instincts as well as her own.

Still not wanting to take sides without knowing all the details, she truly wishes that the mayor would say or do something to give the townsfolk reason to keep their trust in him.

"Why can't he just, well, act like... a mayor? I'm not seeing anything professional or even decent in his actions..." she mutters under her breath.

She has another sip of the ale Illynya brought over and continues to watch and wait...
Sonnie

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 18:11 Post subject: Reply with quote
After realizing no one wants to wager, Sonnie puts her money back in her pocket and pulls out her bottle and takes the last swallow.

Listening to MissSerendipity, Sonnie gives a big belch and then speaks up to her..... "See Miss, wus up is that your mayor here is misbehavin so I hear from the people in the crowd. They say he talks he has magical powers and someone said me eyes are good and that me friend here has a big nose thanks to Mayor Light. Now iffen he is a witch then they be pilloring him because witching aint allowed and he could be roasted toast fer dat. But don't worry none. Pirate Queen is only dreaded when she be coming fer ye like she is Light. Kin u blame her fer it, iffen he grew her perty nose to be big? Now why he done dat to a pirate, I dunno but he be in a big heap o trouble now fer dat dere witchery.

In her drunken state , Sonnie stumbles to the grass and sits there watching the pirate and Mayor Light and she yells out to Light....
"Come on down, Light! I wanna see some fightin cus Drunken Uncle had no action in there! Ever body in there came out here and lef me all by me self wif Agreees and me bottle."

Sonnie
Cheers
pnj

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 18:49 Post subject: Two mayors Reply with quote
Degas asks Sonnie for a swig of her rum.

Asteria

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 20:11 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Asteria looks up at Degas as he throws a rock through the window and is glad he is on her side.

Sonnie's drunken call catches her attention, and Asteria turns to her fellow pirate, "Greetings, friend! So, thou art hittin' the bottle already, eh?

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Stitchthechi

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 20:13 Post subject: Reply with quote
StitchTheChi is astonished by what she has just witnessed and approaches Illynya.

“I don’t rightly know what The Light is being accused with but his ways have me baffled.
If you are wrongly accused you would surely fight for your honor and innocence. Might you be guilty of the accusations you would still fight for your believes and should you be guilty and regret it, the honorable thing to do would be to apologize.
I fail to understand how he can turn his back in such a way! “

---fromENKandigoddess

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 21:02 Post subject: Reply with quote
"Come on you coward! This might not be much of a crowd, but, we will see. Asteria's armada and half of the Octavian Legion will be standing here. You can't hide behind your guards, or your locked archives."
Kandi lets out a yell like a banshee. "You are used to getting your way aren't you? You pathetic oaf!" "Get the hell out here !" "Oh, I forgot you are saying goodbye to all the things a mayor does, because you know that you are going to lose the election." Kandi laughs. "I was wrong about you when I said you were a damn good mayor, you are the most pathetic excuse of a mayor I know!"
pnj

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 21:14 Post subject: Reply with quote
"You speak the truth StitchTheChi, its a shame he doesn't recognize and apologies for his mistakes..he is too proud and arrogant i think."

He turns to Kanidgoddess and looks astonished. He reminds himself to never get on the bad side of Kandi.

---fromENMissSerendipity

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007 22:57 Post subject: Reply with quote
A loud belch makes Miss Serendipity turn to see who made such a sound. Sonnie stands before her and, using a tongue she is entirely unfamiliar with, she starts to explain the trouble with the mayor and his use of magic.

Miss Serendipity looks at Sonnie in amazement and tries to decipher what she has just been told. "Another pirate, I think I must try harder to understand the words they use. But to think, magic and witchery itself is a crime, very interesting to know," she thinks to herself.

She watches Sonnie stumble off to find a seat and StitchtheChi approaches from another direction. Miss Serendipity can see that she is astonished as herself at the mayor's few words and lack of action.

"Doesn't he realize that hiding in his office is no way to retain any respect or remain a voice of authority? Perhaps it is good thing that several others have placed their names as candidates for mayor in the next election," she says aloud to no one in particular.

Stitch's words had echoed her own thoughts and still the growing group waits for a more dignified response from the mayor.
Sonnie

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 04:45 Post subject: Reply with quote
Hearing Degas beg for a lil rum, Sonnie smiles up at him and gives him her rum bottle. With a slurred speech, she says to Degas. "You kin have all me rum cus you me friend, Degas and I love me friends."

asteria wrote:
Asteria looks up at Degas as he throws a rock through the window and is glad he is on her side.

Sonnie's drunken call catches her attention, and Asteria turns to her fellow pirate, "Greetings, friend! So, thou art hittin' the bottle already, eh?

Trying not to look at Asteria's big nose but stairs quite intensely at it..... Sonnie finally responds to Asteria.... "Yeah, Asteria! Drunken Uncle got the best rum in all o England. Iffen Light wud bring his duff down here and fight, we could all go celebrate, eh?"

Sonnie begins yelling at the top of her lungs......

"Light, come outta that there office and fight and then we all go to Drunken Uncle fer some rum, eh?"
Nuroc

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 06:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
Standing in the shadows, Nuroc does what he does best. He lsitens and watches as none can compare. While the_light casts his spell, Nuroc raises his staff and speaks softly, but with authority as not to allow the others to hear, "Oh Most High, Creator of Heaven and Earth, praised be thine Name above all names. Your Son, thine only Son is the one and only true Light! I beseech thee, that thou wouldst remove this foul demon’s power. Protect those that stand in truth, be with them and protect them. Keeping them safe from these evil acts! This I ask in thine own Son's name, in the name of Jesus!"

Then Nuroc continues to watch, while staying in the shadows, so no one will notice him there!
Aishling

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 13:08 Post subject: Reply with quote
Aishling who's been fighting illness hears the commotion and puts her pillow over her head groaning, "Gads people are loud!" She tosses and turns then finally after days gets out of bed to go and find a morsel of food that won't upset her stomach. "Bread, good old bread" She sits at her table listening to the squabble outside and grumbles to herself. "Don't people understand Southampton is a democracy? If the people think the Mayor isn't doing his job they won't vote for him. Or maybe this ruckus is about personality conflicts. Ugh! Can't we all just get along?" Aishling rests her head on the table and waits to see if the food stays down.
Asteria

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 18:16 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
The Dread Pirate Queen laughs at Sonnie's comment, "Most assuredly! What ever the result of this, I wilt meet thee in the Drunken Uncle afterward for a few rounds and to swap tales!"

Asteria turns her attention back to her group and tries to keep her gathering from turning into a revolt party while still being able to resolve this issue with the other Mayor. As she contemplates her next course of action, Lady Sennall suddenly feels the Grace of Jah wash over her. She feels a warmth flow through her body and a sense of unquestionable peace and security fill her thoughts. As the feeling slowly fades, Asteria notices her nose no longer sticks out far into her view. Reaching her hand up to her face, Asteria feels that The_light's magic is undone.

The Mayor of Oxford laughs and shouts in joy, "Jah be praised! The_light, thou heathen! Thy wicked sorcery is undone by the grace of my Savior! Thou art not in His favor! Surrender this day and repent!"
The_Light
Àäìèíèñòðàòîð

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 20:00 Post subject: Reply with quote
The Light who is continuing working hard in his office to ensure prosperity for the town starts thinking how some people are close-minded and **Elephant's trunk wipes this area clean** and he said before some time that he never fights women but seeing all this that is just barbaric and uncultural behavoiur of a small group of not right oriented in the society people he is happy that most of the other people are completely normal.

The Light

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 20:41 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
[OOC: The_light, that was a monstrous run-on! Smile Give me a few days to get back to you on that...]
Sonnie

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007 22:53 Post subject: Reply with quote
Pointing at Asteria and looking over to Degas......

"No need to wait on Drunken Uncle for drinks, eh?"

"Hey, Degas, me ole friend, pass the rum to me friend there. She wants some rum!"
Nuroc

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 00:16 Post subject: Reply with quote
OCC: the_light, but you did fight a woman, you just refuse for her to fight back. Where I come from that is called hitting below the belt!
pnj

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 02:45 Post subject: Reply with quote
The Elephant fills his trunk with cooling off water in preparation to spray people. He looks threateningly at the crowd....."I have a nice shower for anyone who crosses the line and bursts into flames!"

Last edited by pnj on 13 Mar 2007 03:34; edited 1 time in total

Sonnie

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 03:29 Post subject: Reply with quote
Drunkard Sonnie drags herself up from her seated position and staggers over to the newcomer.

"Ooooh! Light got u good.. your nose is sooo big, eh? Shocked
---fromENAspin

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 12:46 Post subject: Reply with quote
Peeking from betwixt the spokes of the cartwheel, from which she was hiding under, Aspin notes all with eyes widen and a shocked palid expression. "Witchcraft" she thinks "I must off and report such to the Priest". With that she hitches up her skirt and rushes off towards the Church., her mind awash with terror. Never had she actually witnessed witchery until this day and she had heard of the Inquisition spreading through Europe.

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 pm

pnj

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 18:20 Post subject: Reply with quote
FireDragons wrote:
FD places a hand on kandigoddess' shoulder and smiles, "It's alright, his power can be overcome, through teamwork, and friendships."

Kandigoddess wrote:
Kandi, who is so angry with The Light she is doing all she can to maintain self control

Nuroc wrote:
Standing in the shadows, Nuroc does what he does best. He lsitens and watches as none can compare. While the_light casts his spell, Nuroc raises his staff and speaks softly, but with authority as not to allow the others to hear, "Oh Most High, Creator of Heaven and Earth, praised be thine Name above all names. Your Son, thine only Son is the one and only true Light! I beseech thee, that thou wouldst remove this foul demon’s power. Protect those that stand in truth, be with them and protect them. Keeping them safe from these evil acts! This I ask in thine own Son's name, in the name of Jesus!"

Then Nuroc continues to watch, while staying in the shadows, so no one will notice him there!

asteria wrote:
Asteria turns her attention back to her group and tries to keep her gathering from turning into a revolt party while still being able to resolve this issue with the other Mayor. As she contemplates her next course of action, Lady Sennall suddenly feels the Grace of Jah wash over her. She feels a warmth flow through her body and a sense of unquestionable peace and security fill her thoughts. As the feeling slowly fades, Asteria notices her nose no longer sticks out far into her view. Reaching her hand up to her face, Asteria feels that The_light's magic is undone.

The Mayor of Oxford laughs and shouts in joy, "Jah be praised! The_light, thou heathen! Thy wicked sorcery is undone by the grace of my Savior! Thou art not in His favor! Surrender this day and repent!"

*Far away to the north there was turmoil, and commotion, smoke, and fire too. But there was one glimmer, if perhaps even for a moment, as a pale glimmer of what was once a man ascends to walk upon the Spirit Plane, freed from the ties that bond our souls to the earth.*

*From that elevation, this extraordinary creature was much more able to roam here and there, wherever his presence was needed most, and to council with the father above. First stopping to console those that had loved him in life, he made his way finally through the thick, and salty air about the seaside, to a place they called Southampton.*

*An almost unnoticable trace of his outline might have been observed, by a few that kept to the shadows, or the byways, but for the most part it did go unobserved, to lay a hand upon those who needed strength in this time. Some, like FireDragons, Illynya, Asteria, and KandiGoddess felt only the slightest touch, or perhaps could smell the saltpeter and the blood that lingered about his garments.*

*The presence lent them, if only briefly, a great and powerful assurance that Jah was indeed attentive, and had been watching for some time. Here, the vague form of a man and briefcase did hover for quite some time, transferring support to those in need.*

pnj

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 18:46 Post subject: report Reply with quote
Caissadiplomat is minding his own business composing a sermon in the church when Aspin busts in and starts telling her story.

Caissa helps the young woman to calm down and start over. After a while he writes this down as the report:

"The Light did willfully peform magic and lengthened the nose of a one-eyed woman. But now she is normal again, except for the eye. Then he turned a censor into an elephant with a long nose."

Caissa thanks the citizen for her vigilance and promises to get the report to where it belongs.

Caissa asks Aspin to make her mark under the report certifying its validity.

He unlocks the dusty drawer where he keeps such reports in and is ready to file it next a report of two non-Church members being married by another non-church member. The Inquisition has not been by to pick up any reports in a long while and Caissa rather likes it that way.

Stitchthechi

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007 18:50 Post subject: Reply with quote
“Close-minded?...illiterate?...barbaric?...uncultured?...abnormal...?!?!?! “

StitchTheChi struggles to get the words out. Then turns to the Mayors window and calls to him.

“The Light, I don’t think that insulting people is the way a Mayor should handle these matters.
If Asteria is wrong, I for one would like to hear your argument and not feel insulted by doing so.
You will not fight a woman but you think nothing of performing witchcraft on her.
Now I ask of you, please enlighten us.” (pun intended) J

StitchTheChi is shocked by the day’s happenings…*this is not the Mayor I know* she thinks.
* This is not the Mayor that helped me on my arrival to Southampton. *

---fromENRoshwald

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 09:52 Post subject: Reply with quote

Roshwald walks by the ensuing conflict, a bag heavy with fresh fish on his shoulder. As he wipes the grime of the pigsty from his youthful ,yet rugged face, he pipes up in dismay:

"What is with the goin' on 'ere people?! "Where is ye support of our fine mayor?!" The Light 'as made Southhampton into one of the richest towns indeed! "We carry some of the finest ale in all of the land. I know I've seen ye all drink it from time ta time. And 'e is always there ta give us help when we ask of 'is aid. "So should we not stand by 'im in this time of dispute?"

"I say we won't be bullied by those frocks from brutish Oxford! And a bully wiv our mayor is a bully wiv us! Take yer cohorts back to yer brig Pirate Lady Sennall; ye may be as fine as the grapes of our valleys in autumntime, but ye've got no business tryin' ta bandy wiv our good mayor! Ya best be 'appy all ye got was a long nose from this, lest ye want ta feel the blade of me butcher knife in your gullet!"
Asteria

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 10:35 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Lady Sennall was concentrating on holding back her volatile companions when she felt a comforting presence. She looked around but couldn't discern where the sense of security and support could be emanating from. It gave Asteria a renewed sense of hope and there was something familiar about it. Asteria couldn't help but smile peacefully.

This reverie is soon disrupted as a passerby calls out to the almost-rioters. Asteria turns to face the young man with a bundle over his shoulder and listens to his speech. As he finishes, the Mayor of Oxford's visible eye narrows.

"I wilt forgive thy threat, young man. Thou art indeed correct that The_light shouldst be much praised for his past efforts that hath made Southampton the pride of Wiltshire County."

The Pirate Queen drops her hands to her hips, "Mine issue is not with The_light's past successes, indeed I hath over-looked much of his misdeeds for the memory of his many accomplishments. The reason we art gathered here, however, is because many of us feel he hath crossed the line. My goal in coming hither wast to make The_light answer for his unbounded disrespect and ghastly manners."

Gesturing to her supporters, "All these around me doth also feel that they hath had enough. The power hath gone to The_light's head and he doth nay more listen to the voice of the people, if e'er he did. Dost not his unwillingness to even acknowledge our concerns prove this?"

Asteria pauses and smirks at the newcomer before continuing, "Thou art most certainly entitled to thy opinion, but I wouldst refrain myself from threatening the Dread Pirate Queen of Oxford Forest with the bite of thy kitchen tool."
Stitchthechi

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 17:18 Post subject: Reply with quote
StitchTheChi’s head spins with the day’s occurrences. A spy in our midst? If it were so, reason the more for the Mayor to stand up for himself and show us the true reasons for his actions.
Her thoughts get disrupted as someone in the crowd shouts out many words of truth. Southampton indeed is a prosperous town and I myself have received help from the Mayor. But where is that good man that welcomed me in to Southampton?
Looking at the mans knife she prays for the Mayor to come forth and stop this needles fight.
Stitch frowns as she looks around at the crowd and how divided Southampton is on this day. It is a dark day indeed.
Her thoughts are disrupted once more, this time by the strong smell of rum. It comes from the woman next to her who slurs out some words to her.
*……friends…..party….*
“ A party you say? I am always up for a good party dear woman”
Stitch stretches her hand out.
“StitchTheChi from Southampton, would you invite me to a swig of your rum?”

pnj

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 19:40 Post subject: Reply with quote
The elephant has sat on some stray whispers of conversation that were blowing around confuzzling him.

Sonnie

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 19:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
***achooo*** The elephant sneezes spraying water over this poor woman and drowning out what she was saying***

Elephant s terribly embarassed by her drenching the nice lady

Sonnie shouts out toward the mayors window......

Light, come on down from that stuffy office so we can all see duh fight! Besides, we wanna celeberate an get drunk in Drunken Uncle wif u and Miss One Eye, eh? Come on down and lets see a real fight.
Sonnie

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 22:04 Post subject: Reply with quote
The cold spray of the water awakens Sonnie from her drunken state!

Now what this elephant doesnt know is that this water landed all over Sonnie's new red pants that Sonnie are most proud of! Looking down at her new red pants, Sonnie decided this female should be changed back from the Elephant state to a human being.

Sonnie yells up to the mayor's office window.... "Hey Light, change this elephant back to a human so I can see who she is, ok? Work your magic, Light!"

Sonnie walks over to Degas and says "That elephant gets none of me rum, Degas. Share with Stitch tho. Turning back toward the elephant, Sonnie has a change of heart and decides the elephant probably needs some rum. Hey Deg, go ahead.... give that elephant some rum. She is mad cus I didnt invite her to Drunken Uncle! Ok, you can come too if you can fit thru the door.
Asteria

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 23:14 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Asteria laughs at the spectacle despite herself. She looks over to the now-drenched Sonnie and smiles as she asks The_light to change the poor elephant back.

"Ha! He wilt not admit to this deed and fix it! The_light doth have difficulty admitting to his wrong-doings even when tis obvious he hath done them. Doth thou not remember how UWS wast meeting in the conference room at the inn, most recently? I wast sitting at the bar drinking and I didst wave to Miniphoenix, Caissadiplomat, Illynya, and thyself as thou didst walk into the room. Finishing my drink, I went to enter the room, but The_light didst see me coming and closed the door, standing in front of it so I couldst not enter. All of thee didst yell at The_light for barring mine entry but he didst pretend to not know I wast unable to enter the room. Standing before the door whilst I didst shout and bang on it he didst ask in a confused tone, 'Asteria has been banned? Confused ' even though t'was obvious to all I couldst not attend because of him!"

Asteria smirks, "Moreover, it t'was not in his power to block my way at his own discretion and he wast chastised for it, but didst do so again not long after! Wilt he ne'er learn?"
Dutchbart

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2007 23:40 Post subject: Reply with quote
DutchBart walks up to the edge of Southampton, noticing the crowd around the townhall from a far distance, confused and intrigued as he is, he walks up to the crowd, to hear what all the fuss is about

"darn, "he mumbles "now I remember why I dislike politics and politicians so much.

he then turns around to his good friend Sonnie, noticing the bottle of rum next to her "hi Sonnie, is there some left for me???"

Mary-Calista Marlise O'Neill
Nuroc

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007 02:49 Post subject: Reply with quote
Nuroc quickly removes his long bow from under his cloak and readies an arrow. Taking careful aim at the neck of the one with the bag! all the while remaining hidden in the shadow! He thinks to himself, "I hope tis not needed tis day! so far blood has not been shed! I pray it wilst not begin with mine own hand! However, I will shed safty for my friends, no matter what!"
pnj

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007 05:37 Post subject: Reply with quote
Sonnie wrote:
The cold spray of the water awakens Sonnie from her drunken state!

Now what this elephant doesnt know is that this water landed all over Sonnie's new red pants that Sonnie are most proud of! Looking down at her new red pants, Sonnie decided this female should be changed back from the Elephant state to a human being.

Sonnie yells up to the mayor's office window.... "Hey Light, change this elephant back to a human so I can see who she is, ok? Work your magic, Light!"

Sonnie walks over to Degas and says "That elephant gets none of me rum, Degas. Share with Stitch tho. Turning back toward the elephant, Sonnie has a change of heart and decides the elephant probably needs some rum. Hey Deg, go ahead.... give that elephant some rum. She is mad cus I didnt invite her to Drunken Uncle! Ok, you can come too if you can fit thru the door.

da gecko overhears Sonnie's comment to Degas and lazily opens one eye. He'd been sunbathing all afternoon when he was awoken by the sound of an elephant trumpeting. Seeing a soaking wet woman with an elephant next to her, da gecko scrambles up and rubs his eyes. He looks again. Yep. She'd definitely gotten drenched.

da gecko sidles over to the lady and hands her one of his extra pamphlets that he keeps with him. "Here, m'lady, use this to dry yourself off. I'm sorry you were drenched by that elephant there; I can't imagine how or why that happened. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation; I don't think the elephant is mad at you. I think he just has allergies."

(For the record: the OOC posts were split and moved to another thread and Sonnie's post had to be split in half during the move to reflect the OOC and RP distinction.)

Sonnie

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007 19:20 Post subject: Reply with quote
Realizing that Asteria ain't gonna get a fight nor apology, Sonnie walks up to Miss One Eye and says to Asteria... "Let's call it quits, Pirate Queen. He aint gonna fight and he aint gonna apologize. The sun has set and it is dark out here. I hear the musicians in Drunken Uncle crankin up the band and I wanna celebrate with ya!"

Sonnie yells up to Light..."Let's go to The Drunken Uncle, Light. Rum is on me! Time to celebrate! I think it is somebody's birthday, Light. Come on to The Drunken Uncle with us."

Turning to the Elephant, Sonnie looks sternly at the Elephant.... "Please do not sneeze in The Drunken Uncle when you go in there cuz if folks get sprayed with water, it will cause a fight."

Sonnie begins to wonder as she walks toward Drunken Uncle if she has enough money for rum for all including that big Elephant. She mutters under her breath.... "Good thing Agris likes me. He will give me credit til I get paid on Saturday."
Asteria

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2007 22:49 Post subject: Asteria's Reply Reply with quote
Asteria listens to her friend's words and with a resigned sigh, puts an arm around her friend's soggy shoulders, "Well, tis been an action-packed day, eh?" the pirate winks her visible eye, "I believe we hath caused enough trouble for the time being, wouldn't thou say?"

Lady Sennall looks up to the window of The_light's office and calls after him, "The_light, please do join us! I didst achieve my goal; show thee the price of disrespectful behavior. Now I wouldst like to call a truce. Let us put ourn differences aside and behave as respectable citizens of England henceforth!" Asteria pauses for a moment and smiles, "Mayhaps we canst see who canst drink the most! Come join us, The_light and I wilt buy thy drinks for thee!"

Not really expecting a reply, but hoping that The_light wouldst join them, the Dread Pirate Queen of Oxford Forest spins Sonnie around with one arm, grabs Kandigoddess with the other and smiles to Degas and Merces_letifer.

"Come with us, lads! We ladies canst not drink alone!" Asteria spies the elephant and gecko standing around still, "Thou too, friends! We canst fill thy trunk with rum, elephant!"

The Mayor of Oxford grins again and starts a chorus of 'Fifteen Men on a Deadman's Chest' as they walk on...

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the devil have done for the rest! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!.."

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Illynya Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 pm

pnj

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007 00:30 Post subject: Reply with quote
Merces shoulder's his spear and follows Asteria toward the tavern, talking to Degas as they walk.

Sonnie

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007 01:10 Post subject: Reply with quote
Sonnie hails DutchBart and all the others to come get some rum and then she begins singing along with Pirate Queen as they enter The Drunken Uncle!

Fo that'a the life of a pirate....
No Prey, No Pay....

Fo that's the life of a pirate....
No Prey, No Pay....

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle o rum makes all troubles go away! Wink
Nuroc

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007 02:30 Post subject: Reply with quote
Nuroc, being relieved that no blood was shed, puts away the bow and disapears back into the thick of the darkness of the forest.

"Peace for one more day, praise be the Prince of Peace!"
---fromENMissSerendipity

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007 03:27 Post subject: Reply with quote
Miss Serendipity isn't entirely sure what has been resolved this day but what she has seen has put her in a mind to pay more attention to town matters. She knows that the town of Southampton will remain a strong town as long as it has such strong-minded citizens. She is glad to know that so many fellow citizens aren't afraid to speak their mind and stand up for their beliefs.

Wondering if the attempted duel is a sign of changes to come, Miss Serendipity decides to follow the others to the tavern. She thinks to herself 'the duel may be over but the discussions surely aren't!' and then her mind wanders... 'how will that elephant fit in the tavern?'
Stitchthechi

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007 14:52 Post subject: Reply with quote
StitchTheChi sighs with relieve though she knows the calm that has taken over the town is probably temporary. Determent to enjoy and celebrate the lack of bloodshed she waves over to the remaining people

“Come on all, lets brighten this day up in the tavern!”

pnj

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2007 15:49 Post subject: Caissa Reply with quote
The priest shelves the tome on "logic" he had been studying that day. He rubs his eyes and stretches.

On his way home he hears sounds of singing, trumpeting and laughing coming from The Drunken Uncle. He open the door, but the place is packed. A lizard scurries by him and takes an open spot on the ceiling.

"Must be nice," thinks Caissa of the lizard's ability.

The priest goes to his own tavern and counts down the till. As he finishes the pounds and dumps out the pence he looks up and says, "TRUMPETING??"

Illynya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum