Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams

Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty [RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams

Post  Lerendus Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 pm

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams RGMourningbannercopy

Miniphoenix
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 13:55 Post subject: [RP]Funeral for Lady Richgrams

OOC: I want to thank all of you for coming here. In Richgram’s last days, RK meant a lot to her. Those that lived with her in Penrith were family to her. Those that were able to call her friend or family member through RK were truly blessed. She loved you all.

IC:The funeral was done very beautifully to match the beauty of Lady Richgram’s soul. She had loved many, and they loved her. As a testiment to that, all the flowers people had sent her flooded the chapel. They were arranged around Lady Richgram’s casket and along the side aisles, with the middle open for guests to come take a seat.

A piano played a melody from a song Lady Richgram’s had loved very much. It was called Music Box Dancer and had been selected by her family to play on this day.

Lerendus
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 15:11

Lerendus arrives at the chapel with Smom in his arms. The trip had been made mostly in silence. He had done his best to comfort her, though he wished he knew what to say, wished he could take away some of the pain, but he was never good at comforting others. He could sympathize, but didn't know how to express it in words. Often gave the impression of being cold and aloof.

He pulled Smom closer to him and squeezed her lightly to let her know he was here for her. They entered the chapel, and walked slowly down the aisle, taking a seat at a pew in front.

Falcie
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 15:28

Falcie arrived early at the chapel in his uniform of the Royal Guard, the nicest he had. He walked to the front of the chapel with Umberlee on his arm and nodded to Shriekersmom and Lerendus who were seated already.
He paused in front of Richgrams, closed his eyes and said a silent prayer for her. Then he positioned himself at the top of the casket as an honor guard, while Umberlee did the same at the left side. Zywiec would arrive soon to join them there, while the rest of the Royal Guard was ordered to position themself at the entrance of the chapel.
He looked down for a moment while he stood there and had problems to stay strong. He had to turn away for a couple of seconds to regain control over his emotions and then took his position again. He, as ceremonial guard, was not supposed to show his emotions, but he already knew that would be impossible today...

Shriekersmom
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 15:38

Pulling strength from Lerendus, grateful her mother had been able to meet the man she was to wed before passing, Smom walked towards the front pew.
As her eyes fell upon the casket that contained the body of her mother, tears streamed down her face once more. Sitting down, unable to look away, her mind was filled with all the things she would never be able to share with her Mother again.

Closing her eyes to shut out the pain, she remembered her Mother. Realizing her Mum would not want to be remembered with tears of sadness, it was not her way. Mother was in a better place and here she was sitting here crying over her own loss. With a deep sigh she pulled herself together and started to remember her Mother... not gone .... but etched into her soul where she would always be.

Squeezing Lerendus's hand as her strength returned, she turned to him tilted her head and said "Remember the day you licked Mum? I will never forget how joyfully she laughed, at the reaction on your face when, she said you would have to Marry her because you did." the memory bringing a small smile to her face as other times and silly memories crept in.
As much as this funeral was for mourning ...it was also to celebrate her mothers life with those she left behind.

OOC/ A few of you may think this funeral strange but, then you would not have known my mother well.
Mum and I joined RK in April of 2007 as something we could do together that did not strain her physically. Mum was in poor health due to having only 1/3 normal lung function and a had limited mobility and endurance but her mind was sharp. My Daughter "Shrieker" also joined us in the game but, decided to leave it after only one month.

RK was a place she could sit in a tavern, reading others dancing and having fun, while taking her nebulizer treatments, before joining in. She laughed and danced and online she was not bound by her physical self and truly enjoyed RK to it's fullest. Those of you who knew her best were like an extension of the family to her.

When Miniphoenix asked me if I would be comfortable with having a funeral for Mum here, I instantly said yes. I lost my Mother but, she was more than just my mother. I shared her with my IG siblings, children and grandchildren. Her friends were the ones who daily made her laugh and smile as her RL friends saw less and less of her due to her poor health. Penrith and the people who came and went from that town became more and more of her life as she grew to love and care for a few of them almost as much as she loved us IRL.
To let you all know just how important RK was to her... the last thing we, her RL family, did before she passed away was read to her some cards sent to her, from the family of one of her close friends in Penrith. About an hour later Mum passed away peacefully holding my little brother's hand.

To not have a RK funeral would be a dishonor to my Mother and all who knew and cared for her.

Beaker
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 16:1

Beaker, Corinna, and the MacBratney family arrives to pay their respects. They did not know her well but did meet her while in Penrith and heard others often speak well of her.

Henri held tight to his father, wide eyed at the gathering. Corinna held tight to their daughter Racheal Rose as their took their seats.

ooc: It is a sad day. I only met her once in the tavern there and she was super nice and cool. It is special how RK can bring good people out and together for moments of friendship. Thanks for sharing this Smom and thanks for setting this up Miniphoenix.

Franka
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 16:46

franka arrived at the funeral with henry james. she had notified dj but he was unable to make it home in time. she stood outside trying to regain her composure and waited for her sissy to arrive.

ooc: mom, i was able to talk to dj and told him what had happened. he sends his condolences and wishes he could be here. i have known mom since my rk birth in marlborough and i was honored when she said she wanted to be mine and dawn's mother. and to double that we got grams as our grams. grams was a wonderful, intelligent and caring woman and i will miss her deeply.

Fia
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 16:56

Word had reached her in Holywell and the grief that struck Fia was surprisingly deep. She had made her own enquiries as to the whereabouts of her family and had planned to finally visit her mother. Now it was too late and regret had laid itself like a cold steel band around her heart.

Her eyes were puffy and tearless as each day that she had spent travelling she had also spent crying. Finally she had made it to the chapel and made her way to the casket and laid a hand on top of the lid. "I am so sorry, mother. So very sorry." Her whisper was dry and her voice sounded rough to herself, the strain of the last few weeks and subsequent travel had taken alot out of her and she bit her lip to keep upright as she made her way to a pew in the back of the chapel where she sat, staring blankly ahead.

Lerendus
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 17:40

Lerendus smiled as he recalled the day he licked Richgrams. He had expected the dreaded frying pan that everyone had spoken of but instead she said he had to marry her. He remembered his eyes had grown wide with surprise and a hint of fear. The room had exploded in laughter. He chuckled lightly at the memory. It was before he and Smom had ever grown close. He turned towards her and leaned in, squeezing her hand back as he looked at her face tilted up to his. "Yes, I remember," he said smiling back at her. He could remember when he told Richgrams he and Smom were engaged. She had made him promise two things; take care of Smom, and no more licking. He took her face in his hands and wiped away the tears that still wet her face with his thumbs. Looked into her eyes, still moist from earlier, and whispered softly, "I promised her I would take care of you, and I promise to you now that I will do my very best every single day to fulfill that promise."

Arial123
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 17:40

Arial arrives to the chapel with saddness in her heart. Grams had a loving soul and Arial was happy to have known her.

Arial enters the chapel and walks slowly towards the casket where this loving woman's body now lies. Arial places her right hand on the casket. With tear filled eyes she softly says, "May the guidance of Jah guide you to the kingdom of heaven. You were a great woman. May your soul rest in peace and be happy. Where ever it may go. You will be missed, but never forgotten."

After that is said she turns away from the casket and makes her way to the back of the chapel and takes a seat at one of the empty pews. There she sits, staring down at her lap.

Levoc
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 17:43

Levoc lead her silent children into the chapel, heading to the front she lay flowers before taking a seat, She hugged both her children bowing her head silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she thought of all the good times she had with Grams.

OOC: She was a great person and lives on in our memories and our hearts. You will never be forgotten

Dalriada
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 17:51

Dal had heard the sad news and arrived at the chapel and took a seat at the rear. Sat there in silence he remebered the wonderful lady Richgrams who he met when he lived in Cumberland County and knew she would be missed by many people.

Scottschwinn
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 17:53

I enter the chapel and can only stare down the aisle.... I slowly move my feet and ever so slowly shuffle down the aisle..... I can feel the warm tears running freely down my face.... I never slow my pace....

I reach the casket and just stand.... I feel a couple heaves of my shoulders... Slowly I lean in closer and with dry mouth whisper....

I loved ye Grams.... I..... To choked to say more... tears blinding my vision... I feel someone gently take my arm and help me over to a pew, where I just sit and Cry......

(OOC: I wrote this and felt led to share it with all present....

There are times in our life when we meet a person that really changes our lives for the better. Sadly they are to few and they come far between….

Grams was one of those special type people. She always had a warmth that would spread around just by her entering a room…. She was a ray of sunlight in this troubled world. Even when in pain, her first thoughts were for others… Even though RK is just a silly game, she made it so much more…. I grew a true friend. Even out of game our friendship grew… She became a friend of my wife and of my girls…. I truly believe my seven year old learned the keyboard trying to talk with her…

When we had to tell our girls, the first thing our seven year old said was, ‘Cool, now she (Grams) can talk to Grandma.’ (What a sweet way to think….)

Grams and I would sit in the tavern for hours by ourselves and talk…. I grew to love her and her kindred spirit….

Now she is gone, and I cry…. I don’t cry for her, cause I know she is finally at peace… No more pain… No more breathing problems…. I cry selfishly, because of the void that is now there…

But she is not really gone…. She is still right here with us…. And as long as I am around, I will not let others forget…. And the new one’s will hear… And I ask God that I may be to others as she was to me…..

Love you Grams… and thanks….

Shawn

Caitilin
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 18:10

Caitilin arrived at the chapel in the uniform of the Royal Guard and reported to Captain Falcie. "I am here, Sir. But if you will forgive me, I need to see my aunt first'" Before taking her place at the entrance she made her way to her Aunt Smom's side. She nodded to Lerendus as she approached.

Taking her aunt in her arms, Cait struggled not to cry. "Dearest Aunt, what can one say at a time like this. I knew Grams for such a short time, but she took me in as one of her family. She made a scared soldier, laugh and smile in Capt'n Morgan's Tavern. I remember the night well, I got so drunk and couldn't eat or travel. That tea of hers did the trick. I sloshed all the way to Carlisle. I will always remember her kindness."

Caitilin kissed her aunt on both cheeks hugging her tightly. She could see that Lerendus was feeling the loss of Grams as well. Cait placed her hand on his arm and squeezed it gently. She turned to take her place, wiping the tears from her eyes. She looked up and whispered, "Jah, you have one of the best of us with you now. She will probably reorganize heaven for you and open a tavern." At the entrance to the chapel, Cait stood her solemn duty.

Aisafe
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 18:21

Arriving I see many friends and Family members gathered to pay final respects to A grande Lady... I think of the many chats I had with Her always jovial and spirited She was.

Proud of Her Family and very giving, a great void is now shared by All. I move up to the Casket bowing slightly to Immediate family seated in the first two pews.... I then set a small flower box with all the other beautiful arrangements already here.

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams PICT7374-tanken

Saying a prayer to Jah thanking Him for receiving a special soul, I then turn slowly and move away from the front, seeing Dal I take a seat next to him.

[b]Solumn

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 19:15

Solumn's mind was far from ease. It had been almost a month since the incident happened and Solumn dwelt in the local church ever since. Then two days ago, a letter from home brought a terrible news. Solumn remembered every kindness and love Richgrams gave him. He felt a part of him died at the moment he read the news. He gently broke the news of his deceased grandma to his wife Rosalynn. They packed right away and boarded the first ship leaving Italy.

They didn't lose a single moment and headed straight for the funeral upon arriving England. Solumn breathed heavily when entering inside. He walked to his mother and said, "I'm so sorry, I'm late..." Solumn fell silence when Richgram's casket entered his sight.

The memory of the past slowly flew inside his head, Solumn was always reckless and selfish, Rich had always been patience with him and taught him the way of the world. Words simply can not describe what a wonderful grandmother Richgram is to him. "I can't believe she's gone" Solumn felt a cold inside his body that he never felt before.

Last edited by Lerendus on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lerendus
Lerendus
Admin

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-11-28

https://themorganfamily.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 2

Post  Lerendus Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Umberlee
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 19:4

Umberlee had joined Falcie saying her own prayer and her own final wishes to the Lords newest Angel. As they passed Shriekersmom she simply placed her hand on her shoulder for a moment, firmly yet gently a gesture of support and care for the daughter of this great woman. She could for a moment, even through Smoms tear kissed cheeks see the strength of her mother shine in her daughters soul. It was this strength and this honour that would continue to help Smom and her family through this trying and most difficult time.

Taking her place at the left of the casket, Umberlee stood solemnly, reflecting on the memories and times spent with Richgrams, grateful for being one of many whos life had been touched by the beauty of the woman honoured and remembered today and always.

Shriekersmom
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 19:50

Lers had been reluctant to let her stand but, once he saw her intention, he allowed her to go by herself. Silently approaching Scott, she led him to the seat next to her, holding his hand as he wept, only letting go when her niece approached.

Slowly more family enters. Looking up her heart leaps, first in happiness, then in pain, as she realizes the sadness that has brought her son Solumn home for a visit.
"Your not late hun, Grams knew how much you love her. She always did." hugging him tightly, then Rosalynn in turn, she motioned for them to sit with Lers , her former brother-in-law Scott and herself.

Lelafirebird
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 20:02

Lela had entered looking for her Mother and her Auntie. She had come to pay her respects to the grandmother she herself had only gotten letters from but never meet. The letter were a great source of joy to her and the few she had she cherished with all her heart.

OOC; sadly I never got the chance to meet grams but we did exchange a few letters. Auntie you have my deepest sympathy and regret for your lose in this sad humbling time. For the little i knew grams I found her to be a very inscriptional person that gave hope when I thought none could be found. I am a very quiet member of this family that only sought to know then befriend all who are my family. Please know Auntie that I have never shut out any member of the family only wishing to have all of us to be together again.

Lastly I loved the stories of the frying pans as they always brought a smile to my face. Also thank you Auntie for letting me meet you I only wish to be able to do so again some day.

Zywiec
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 20:19

Zywiec arrived at the church and, as a Royal Guard, reported to Captain Falcie. She turned toward Umberlee to hug her extra tight and tried to keep her emotions in check. Regaining her composure, Zywiec took her place to the right of Richgram's casket, honored that she had been asked to participate in the celebration of this worthy woman.

Dawntherese
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 20:51

The chapel was already filling with family and friends as Dawn arrived with Fab and their daughter, Mika. Her sister and nephew were waiting for them at the entrance.

Following other mourners inside, they found a pew and slipped in. Fab sat with Mika and Henry as Dawn and Franka reverently walked up the aisle to say goodbye to their grandmother. Grams looked as if she were sleeping. They each laid a single long stemmed red rose beside her.

After a few moments of silent prayer, clinging to each other, they turned and found their way back down the aisle to their seats.

Kaylen
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 21:50

Kaylen arrived late...but she was here, she had considered not coming at all because of how late she was, but she couldn't do that. So she had dressed...not in a black gown but a lighter gray one. It was demure, and dark enough for her to be in mourning. But she had thought about it, and maybe Grams would not have wanted everyone to wear black. She looked down at the twin's each one dressed in their finest, their hands clasping hers tightly. Stepping into the chapel, she moved around the wall looking for Smom and Lerendus. when she saw them she bit her lip, She wished she could do more to comfort her friend. Shaking her head, her eyes scanned the chapel seeing many people she didn't know, some she did. Grams would have loved it. Squeezing their hands she walked slowly up the aisle where Smom and Lerendus where standing, and quietly stood there.

The twins where quiet, subdued, they where sad, although they didn't quiet understand the permanence and meaning of death, they knew that they would never see their grandmother again. Letting go of Kaylen's hand they walked over to their mother and wrapped their arms around her the best they could, comforting her the only way they knew how.

(ooc- I was blessed to know Grams, I may not have known her as well as some, but I knew her well enough to love her, to know what an awesome woman she was. Life is often times short, but Gram's...she lived twice. She lived her full life in the real world, where she raised some very wonderful children. Then she lived her life here among us in this world of make believe. Sharing with us...touching us in our hearts, she didn't have to be that way...she could have been mean and vindictive, but she was too sweet a woman to be that way even in a game. She is gone...but she left a legacy...her love and kindness, and her children. And although some may come along and never know who she was...they will feel her touch because of what she had imparted to those she knew. She will always be remembered in the hearts of the ones that loved her. )

Gabrielle
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 23:01

A woman entered, dressed plainly in black. Some may recognize the silver thistle headed cane, as she dipped her fingers in the font of holy water and genuflected in the presence of the altar of Christos. Her grey eyes looked almost disbelieving at the scene before her.
She didn't know the great lady who laid in quiet repose, but knew of her, her kindness, her warmth, charity and love. Especially her love for her family.
Slowly progressing up the aisle, she noted Kaylen with the twins that were her care, and also Smom and Lerendus. Deciding at that moment to let the family have some time, she merely had a seat and awaited the service. A small bouquet of lily of valley clutched tightly in her gloved hand.

Asteria
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 23:25 Post subject: Asteria's Arrival

Having left London and her unimportant business there behind upon hearing of her grandmother's passing, Asteria rode back to Keswick as quick as she could. She made it back home just in time to quickly take a bath (since Mini would be there) and then rush to the funeral. All the way to the chapel Asteria's active mind kept her thinking about how much she was going to miss her grandmother and how terrible she feels for her favorite Aunt. So by the time Asteria slowly pushes open the door her eyes are puffy and her cheeks are dripping wet.

Asteria blinks her eyes and tries to look around the church for someone she knows to go over to and hug. Seeing Aunty Smom and Uncle Lers, but no one else she really knows well, Asteria slowly walks over to them a polite distance away. She waits for them to look to her before opening her arms and offering a hug with her lip trembling.

OOC: I've always considered Asteria's close RK family to be more than just regular friends. They're like real family to me and Aunty Smom and Richgrams have to be two of the closest of them all. After these few years of knowing them I don't even remember when I first met them, but I'm so very grateful that I was blessed enough to have been so lucky. Richgrams was always such a sweet and thoughtful person, always remembering me on holidays even when I had been appearing online less and less due to RL stuff. She definitely poured a lot of love into RK and I am glad her obviously close family chose RK as one of their ways to do stuff together so that they could touch so many other people's lives. I'm really going to miss my friend, but I'm happy for her because she lived well and did a lot of good. It is said that those who are remembered often and fondly after they are gone are those who have truly achieved immortality. Well, I can guarantee you that Richgrams is going to be one of those people, especially if I can help it.

Much love to Richgrams and her wonderful family,

Jessica

Josehf
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 23:52

A man enters the chapel carrying a large arrangement of flowers. He sets them along one of the isles and attaches a letter to them.

To Smom and family,
I just recently recieved word of the passing of Lady Richgrams Morgan. I, Josehf Mobray, would like to extend my condolences and sympathy to Smom and the rest of the Morgan family. From my first night in Penrith, RG made me feel at home. So much so that I not only looked forward to seeing her each night, but also volunteered to stand beside her in defending a town and people that I knew nothing of from the revolts at that time. Her sincerity and kindness were quickly seen as well as the respect of which she had from all those who knew her. Her character showed through all of those whom I met, Smom, Lerendus, Caitilin and Majestic. I found myself already planning my return before I had even left. She was a fine lady, not only to those of her family, but to all whom knew her. She will be sadly missed. I now still hope to make a return to the town that I will remember as RG's. I can only hope that she shall lead me safely back to all those she had touched. For then may we be able to bring her memories to life once more.
Sympathies,
Josehf Mobray
OOC: I would like to personally extend my sincere condolences to you, Smom, for the loss of your mother. She was a wonderful woman and quickly touched me. We had some great times together while I was there and she made me feel at home. I can only imagine how she touched those whom were lucky enough to have had more time with her. I can only wish that I would have been one of those. Her spirit is alive and I should hope to kindle it when we should meet once again. Looking forward to seeing you and Lerendus again soon.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 2 Cont.

Post  Lerendus Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Molly_rose
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 00:18

Molly arrived at the chapel, quietly walking through the grounds deep in reflection.
[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Cemetery-portrait-crownveil

Entering the chapel, she silently went to the casket and knelt in silent prayer before making her way to take a seat amongst the gathered mourners.
As she sat awaiting the service, Molly's mind went back to her memories of Penrith, where as a companion to Lady Richgrams she had shared so many goodtimes. It was Richgrams who had helped her become Mayor of Penrith, who gave her support and advice, but most of all friendship. Molly felt she had indeed been blessed by Jah in knowing Richgrams, being a friend.
Molly wiped away her tears as she waited for the service to begin.

Squire_merks
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 00:29

Walking Midnight with Meira riding up high on the saddle we arrive at the chaple, I turn and look up at Meria and raise my arms to help her down ... There are already many carriages and saddled horses , some I recognise, others are unformiliar to me ... Meria now on the ground beside me I offer my arm and we walk up the steps and inside, There I see many flowers and several people seated and standing, Just ahead I can see Gabrielle, the unmistakable cane is my confirmation, I give Meira's hand a squeeze and nod in Gabrielle's direction ...
I quickly look around the chapel and spy upon Shriekersmom and Lers ...

let us pay our respects first my dear

We walk over to Shriekersmom and I bow my head in her direction ....

This is a sad day indeed mi'Lady, Not just for Penrith but for all of England, your mother was a beacon to us all and good friend to many who have passed through our town, she will be greatly missed ... England (and RK) may have lost a shining star but the heavens have gained one that will shine even more brightly for an eternity and a day ...

A tear rolls down my cheek as my words fade away.... I turn toward the casket and walk slowly, as we near I can see Grams face, she looks to be asleep, looking as if at any moment she will open her eyes and in her most humorous voice sit up, stretch and say "I needed that" ... but it is'nt so ... I caress her cheek as a few more tears roll down mine ... I lean forward and kiss her cheek and whisper .... Rest well my Lady ... I wait for Meria to say her farewell ...

OOC :
Grams will be greatly missed.
I recall my first meeting of Richgrams and how we had talked for quit some time, this was to be one of many days like this that spanned fifteen months.
And then of the time she had helped me attain level 2 in the game so I could fill a void left by a few that had left Penrith.
Then there was when she had first become Mayor and asked me to be her trade advisor, Grams eigth terms as Mayor was a great success for Penrith, she devoted a great deal of time and energy into it and to this day it shows, I just hope that I and mayors to follow can follow in this great womens foot steps half as well.

Rest in peace my lady, rest well, You will be greatly missed but never forgotten.

Maladicta
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 01:04

Mala arrived at the chapel with her cousin Maddi. Whilst she hadn't know Richgrams all that well she had met her a few times, and wanted to show her support for Smom at this very sad time. The two women quickly found seats and sat silently, each lost in their own thoughts. Mala hoped that she would be able to have a word with Smom after the service to pass on her condolences.

ooc - Maddi wanted to be here but RL things will be keeping her busy all day so she asked me to godmod. She wanted me to say to Smom that she is so sorry for your loss and that you will be in her thoughts.

Baldar
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 01:47

Baldar arrived at the Chapel and as Royal Guard, went to report to Capt Falcie.

Grundal
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 02:36

On a hill top overlooking the chapel a Grey stallion neighed and pranced against tethered line to budding tree, he watched as his master strode down the hill then up the chapel steps to disappear insides its walls, with this he turned his attentions to fresh green sprouts of new spring grass braking through the surface of last years sod...

The kilt clad man made his way threw the chapel pausing to lay a hand on shoulders of all family and friends of the marvelous lady that had recently left the world known to those in attendance. He knew the sorrow was not for the lady, for she was now on her way to a much better place but for the since of lose and emptiness her passing had left behind. He knew too the strength of the Morgan family and those they called friends would prevail, They would come together in this place and remember the life they had shared with Lady Richgrams and the healing would in short time begin to take place.

Working his way to the front line of pews he paused looking on a lady that had meant so much to him. She had seen him threw his own times of loss and grief and over the years the bond of friendship that had grown between them had come to mean vary much to him. He had taken upon himself the responsibility of seeing to the safety of Baroness Shriekersmom and the Morgan family, in time this had earned him the position of General within the family army. Now his time as protector of the family had passed he was but one more soul standing here this day bidding a fond farewell to a woman that had become as close a friend to him as her daughter had. He remembered a time at Richgrams pub where he had played his fiddle for her and a few of her patrons. She smiled and laughed as others danced around the pub her feet taping in time with his music. Such grace the woman possessed was rare and he always enjoyed time spent with the Lady. With this thought firmly held in his mind he knelt before the Baroness looking deeply into her eyes. Taking the back of one hand his fingertips brushing softly against her cheek allowing the memory and its pleasant calming thought to drift towards his friend giving all the energy of serenity within his being to her. A moment latter the man strode back down the aisle toward the exit...

Moments latter the man found himself back atop the hill. Untethering his steed he brushed the glistening mane with his free hand. Whispering into his ears.

Well Old'Bil seems we still have a job to do. long have we defended the Morgan family in life, now old friend we shall stand guard and bare witness as there greatest member crosses to the new kingdom and into Jah's loving embrace

With this Grundal Mcginnis Mounted and pulled out a fiddle strapped to the side of his saddle raising the bow to play across the strings he began the tune he remembered fondly sharing with lady Richgrams...

A man standing guard out side the entrance to the chapel heard the sound of a fiddle being played . looking up to the top of the hill where he thought the music originated he caught the glimpse of a kilt clad man astride Grey steed rear up on hind legs and with the swaying of the tree from unseen winds the image faded. Scrubbing his eyes the man looked on with astonishment thinking it had to be a mirage yet the music continued to play in his mind until the last rays of the setting sun had been cast...

The song that was played that night in the pub
Promontory

OOC
Smom as you know your mother and I had become good friends over the last year. I can not thank you enough for allowing me the honor to met her and count her among my friends . she is indeed a special lady not only in this game we all have shared but in real life as well. She has touched us all and will be remembered and threw this shall live on in many hearts threw out this world

Riccianna
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 04:08

Dressed in the black of mourning, Riccianna arrived and quietly found a seat. Her eyes scanned the faces of those gathered to honour Richgrams until they rested upon the face of Smom, and her heart lurched in sorrow.

(OOC: I'm so very sorry for your loss Smom. I did not get to know Richgrams but I know she was a wonderful lady and that RK was a richer place for having had her in it.)

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 3

Post  Lerendus Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:12 pm

Lord_ruith
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 05:30

Ruith quietly joins the large group of anonymous non-family members gathered at the back of the chapel and bows his head in rememberence of a great lady. She will be sadly missed.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Robert_frankel
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 06:56

To Robert the day was dark and bleak, a bleakness of deep contemplation on the fragility of life. As he walked along Robert’s mind mulled and raced every which way seeking and seeking an answer. But to what question he wondered. All he knew was at this moment he felt somewhat lost, as if a part of him was missing. The world seemed oddly skewed off. It was like he was seeing the world through water or something. Things were still the same… but yet not. Pursing his lips as a small mournful sigh escaped through them Robert stepped disheartingly towards the ceremony.

Richgrams, she was his step great grandmother; a person he had heard of… seen once or twice and now deeply regretted in not knowing. He wondered what he might have learnt and shared with someone so obviously close to his other family… that perhaps he might have grown close to her too. Never the less she was family… and a part of his heart still ached at her passing.

He felt inadequate and had really nothing to give… but he had sat the night before thinking on this lady who was his family… who was invariably as much a part of him as his arm and hand. So with ink and paper he had set about to express how he felt. Now, here he was sneaking in quietly to sit besides Franka and Dawn. He saw with his sober eyes the gathering of family, friends and many others gathered for this service. Turning slightly so he could see him, the young man reached out to gently hold his little brothers small tiny hand on Franka’s lap. Glancing at his step mother and then looking into the small face of his half brother Robert could only wonder and think on the strangeness of what life brings. With his one hand occupied thus, Robert reached into a pocket and drew out the parchment he had written. Slowly unrolling it and running his eyes over those words once more he handed it over to Franka and Dawn. This was his tribute to the woman that was his Great Grandmother… something from his heart of hearts.

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Richgramspoem

Snowlynx
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 07:29

Snowlynx walks into the chapel and slowly moves down the aisle to the front of the chapel. So many emotions and sadness flow threw her as she walks.

She stops, waits her turn to speak to SMom. Snow gets down on one knee in front of Smom.

"I am so sorry SMom, I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I was so very sad to hear about Richgrams, she was such a wonderful woman.

I had the honor and the pleasure to speak to your mother many times in Capt' Morgans and I was very sorry to hear about her passing. I had the greatest respect for RG and will miss seeing her on my visits in Penrith, miss her generous nature and sharing her remarkable sense of humor.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers." Snowlynx stands gives Smom a kiss on the cheek and nods to Lers. Snow moves towards the casket in a daze. Snow says her silent goodbyes, turns, and heads to a find a seat in the pews.

Snow thinks fondly of Richgrams and smiles as the Cap'n Morgans song goes threw her mind.

Lady Richgrams Cap'n Morgans song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E4WCm-8Fds

Caitilin
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 07:50

Caitilin stood her position at the entrance to the chapel. She saw family and friends arrive, nodding to each that passed. Richgrams Morgan was an inspiration to all she met. She was a shining example of womanhood.

When Baldar arrived to stand with the Royal Guards, she gave him a silent look. As he took his place, Cait reached for his hand slowly and squeezed it gently. There were no words needed to say what was in her heart. His presence here was enough.

Caissadiplomat
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 08:16

Richgrams son, Archbishop Caissadiplomat, and her granddaughter, Illynya Earl of Pembroke, enter the chapel. Caissa is visibly quaking as he enters processes to the casket. Illynya finds a seat near Shriekersmom. Caissa prays silently at the casket and then moves to the pulpit. He waits a couple minutes for everyone to sit down. This also gives him time to get himself back under control. With tears streaming freely down his face he begins:

Friends we gather together to praise God, and to celebrate the life of Richgrams Morgan. We come together in human loss. In our pain may God grant us comfort.

Why bury our dead?

Humanity, made of earth and water, is by nature attracted by the center of the earth. But the truth of friendship will raise her heart and, if it is worthy to join the Lord, she will not fall as the body towards the fire of the hells, but on the contrary, she will find his true nature, which is to rise towards our Lord.

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord,
Jah, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.
I wait for Jah, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
O people of God, put your hope in Jah,
for with the Lord is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem us
from all our sins.

The Archbishop: "After all our faces have crossed her vision, she may finally see yours, Lord."
The Faithful: "Lord, do not divert Your sight from our friend."

The Archbishop: "After the friendship she received and which guided her life, to her is granted the ultimate friendship that the Lord gives."

The Archbishop: "After the sorrows and the tears which darkened her life, her path shall be illuminated for eternity."

The Archbishop: "Lord, we turn towards you our hopes at this hour when the body of our dear friend Richgrams disappears. Grant us the hope to see her again next to You for ever and ever."

Jah is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

If there is anyone who would like to give a testimony or read a selection at this time, please come forward and do so.

Caissa sits down; he is still shaking.

Destermin5
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 08:57

Destermin5 walks into the chapel and sees Richgrams and thinks how he would have ever survived without her we all pray for you that you are with god and that you will remember us as we remember you,and everyone who knows grams should feel blessed because she was one of the nicest people ever. So we pray that she is in heaven in peace.

Rest In Peace
Richgrams

Your friend
Destermin5

Dawntherese
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 09:15

Dawn listened intently to Caissa as he spoke from the pulpit. His voice soared with authority. She stood up and moved forward to him as he sat down, visibly shaken. She touched his shoulder as she strode up to the pulpit. Facing those who came to mourn, she led them in a simple prayer.

"Almighty and eternal Jah, hear our prayers for Your daughter and my grandmother, Richgrams, whom You have called from this life to Yourself. Grant her light, happiness, and peace. Let her pass in safety through the gates of death, and live forever with all Your saints in the light You promised to Abraham and to all his descendants in faith. Guard her from all harm and on that great day of resurrection and reward raise her up with all Your saints. Pardon her sins and give her eternal life in Your kingdom. We ask this through your name. Amen."

With her head bowed, she returned to her seat.

Franka
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 09:22

franka silently stood by dawn unable to move. she watched her sister waiting for her to make her next move. franka depended on her older sister so much just like she had when their biological mother had died. if was dawn that had helped her learn to love and trust again when smom had come into their lives. mom and grams along with dawn had helped her become who she was. if not for dawn franka would didn't think she would ever be able to love again.

following her sister she slowly walked back to their seats. once seated franka took dawns hand and held it tight.

Gwenavhyeur
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 09:33

Gwen stepped into the chapel, late, but ready to say goodbye. It had taken her some time to come here, for she had gotten to know Grams only in the past few months. She was proud to say, though, that she was the granddaughter of such a strong woman. Even in the short time that she knew her, RG had taught Gwen much about life, and living it to the fullest. She recalled fondly many occasions in the taverns, where Grams would help anyone that needed it. She welcomed everyone into the tavern with a smile and a hug. Gwen held her tears in, and smiled, glad to have gotten to know her grandmother even a little.

Looking around, Gwen found MiniPhoenix, sitting down next to her mother.

[[OOC: I didn't know RG long, but she was always kind to me, welcoming me into the family with a smile and a hug. She taught me many things, especially once she became sick. Taught me to live my life to its fullest, and to love everyone. I won't forget that. Thank you, RG, for being a wonderful IG grandmother. And thank you Smom for taking me into your family when I started playing. I am so glad to have met your mother and lived with her in Penrith. I know my father is as well.]]

Hannah94
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 09:46

Hannah arrived in solid black.

Even though she hadn't known Richgrams personally, she had heard about the great things she'd done and the many she reached out to. Although she never had a chance to sit in a tavern with her and share an ale, she felt a pain as if she had.

Regretting never getting the chance to meet her, Hannah sat at the back of the chapel, listening to what others had to say and hoping she could catch a glimpse of all that Richgrams had done, but knowing it wouldn't be enough.

Lark
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 09:50

Lark slips through the door just as the service is starting and edges her way along the back wall. Not wanting to disturb so many people or draw attention to herself, she lays her small bunch of wild flowers among the grander bouquets in the side aisle and then tucks herself into a corner out of the way.

She tugs the black armband a little higher, smoothes the crease out of her best clothes and stands silently looking out across the packed church.

B5cmdrmo
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 09:56

Beemo didn’t want to be at the chapel. Church and Jah had no place in her life but RG was worth the exception. Many nights were spent in Cap'n Morgans with RG, talking about politics, business but mostly laughing and enjoying the company. RG was special in many ways and Beemo was lucky to have known her and call her friend.

Beemo reaches for her flask and toasts RG one last time, “ Cheers my friend, the nights in Penrith will not be the same without your smile.”

Illynya
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 10:02

Illynya arrived with her Uncle Caisssadiplomat, supporting him in the long walk to the church. In truth he'd supported her just as much, though probably hadn't noticed. She trembled at the sight of the casket, knowing when she went to the front of the church it would suddenly make it all real.

She remembered living at the Manor, simple things like having tea, eating breakfast and playing checkers. Sitting in the tavern in the evening, joking around. When she'd started to get a little out of control, Grams had always been there to gently guide her back. A word, a look was all it took.

She went to stand next to Smom and took her hand, a few wayward tears trickling down her cheeks.

Asteria
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 10:19

Asteria waits for her turn and then walks up to the pulpit to offer her own words. "I wouldst like to remember my grandmother," she begins with tears still rimming in her emerald eyes, "as the kind and gentle woman she always wast. I hath made many mistakes in my life, some wert big ones, but my grandma always wast supportive of me. She showed her disapproval quietly and instead of criticizing me for my mistakes she wouldst instead gently attempt to guide me in the right direction. My grandma also always remembered me, even when I wast busy with one of my escapades or off traveling the British Isles. Every holiday that rolled around my Richgrams always hired a courier to send me her wishes."

She stops to bite her lip as her voice waivers, "Richgrams also hadst a wonderful sense of humor that I, and many others I am sure, wilt always remember. Many people hath stuffy old crones for grandmas, but I wast lucky to hath a woman young at heart and mind as mine. My grandmother wast the kind of person you spend hours with in a tavern tossing back glasses of wine like they wert ale and no one wouldst hath to worry about acting like a lady or grooming when they wert hanging out with Richgrams." Asteria casts a furtive glance in the direction of her cousin, the Countess.

"I wilt miss my grandma very much, but I am happy for Jah because He wilt now get to enjoy her as much as we all didst. Paradise wilt surely be a more lively place for her joining it and I wilt try hard to be good from now on so I canst go hath an ale with her again at the new Cap'n Morgan's up in the sky." Asteria nods her head once, indicating the awkward end to her odd little speech and walks back the pews this time going to sit next to Uncle Caissa since she hadn't seen him in ages after he moved to Ireland.

Elmix
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 10:33

He was very sad when he heard these shocking news. He was one who new Lady Richgrams and she most definatelly had so many friends.

Elmix is sad he cannot do more for Lady Richgrams as show her last honor thinking about her and remembering her.

Elmix arrives in black suit and finds Lady MiniPhoenix and Lady Gwen and sits next to them. He is sad lady Richgrams will not be able to attend wedding he and Lady Mini are planning as she sure would loved to see her lovely granddaughter to get married.

She will live in his and in the memories of all ppl who have gathered here.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 4

Post  Lerendus Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Scottschwinn
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 10:56

The people I see gladdens my heart and the void doesn’t seen so huge anymore…. I close my eyes during Caissadiplomat’s sermon and utter response as needed… Finally I can raise my head and I wipe my face… I feel her presence with us strongly now…. Watching over us… Still taking care of us…. I remember the gentle hand that guided me from casket to seat…

I gently squeeze Smom’s hand and give her the best smile I can muster… I shakily stand and make my way up front…

I have to stand a moment and regain my composure… I clear my throat…

Grams would appreciate all those that have come… But it would sadden her at all our tears… I first met Smom when I came to Penrith and found myself quickly her bartender…. Then quickly as Town mentor… When Smom left Penrith, Grams opened the new Cap’n Morgan’s and I found myself as her bartender…. Many night’s we sat and talked, many times alone, just waiting for visitors….

As Mayor, Grams again asked me to stay on as Mentor… But I feel that she was more a mentor to me… I had stats, facts, and wit, but she showed me Heart and passion for others….

I remember her laughs, her dancing, her own sweet wittyness…. The memory of our dance at the masquerade I will always hold dear to my heart…

I… I cannot count all the new people that she took in… Anyone that walked into the Cap’n was quickly welcomed… I have asked Smom if she would give me the honors to keep that place alive and let it always be a tribute to the person we all held so much love for…. And thank you, Smom for granting me that… So… Richgram’s Cap’n Morgan will remain, always as a place for family, friends, and all weary travelers to come…. To laugh, to cry, to talk, to just sit and rest….

I raise my eyes to the heavens… Thank you Grams for all your Love…

I lower my head and close my eyes… I hold the pulpit to steady myself as I silently whisper a player… Slowly with gathered strength I make my way back next to my sister-in-law, so others may have a turn….

(OOC: One item I have forgotten to mention… Grams used to love the plane flights our tavern went on during reset time… Smile She would always ask me if we were going to be flying tonight… She would laugh and clap as I guided our plane over all of the Island… Now she is able to fly again……….)

Oakvillelass
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 11:17

Oakvillelass arrives a little late and quietly takes a seat at the back of the chapel, bows her head in pray.He eyes are full of tears which start to run down her face.She thinks how much she will miss Richgrams.

Remembering the first time I meet her in the Tavern, and all the questions I asked her,and how patient she was.Many times after that we would sit and chat and dance to-gether, and have so much fun.

Then when Richgrams became Mayor, she was still always there to help you, even though she had so much work to do for the town. In her eight terms in office, she pulled Penrith out of trouble and put it back on its feet. When danger was threatening the Town she made sure it was safe.

Richgrams you will be missed by the whole town, but I will miss you so,for your kindness and generosity and will always remember how you told me Amarth was a good man.And that he would return to me. I wish I could tell you, that you were right.

Rest in Peace my Friend, My Jah and God hold you in there arms. You will never be forgotten.

Miniphoenix
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 11:23

Mini smiles as Gwen comes in and sit next to her. She squeezed Gwen's hand, thankful that they were going through this together as a family. She had brought extra kerchiefs for any who needed them, as she was sure many would be tearful today. She gives one to Gwen, knowing it would be needed.

As she looks up, Elmix also enters. She is glad he is here to support her and glad her fiance understands what Richgrams meant to her, as he was a good friend of her grandmothers.

Sighing heavily, she holds Elmix's and Gwen's hands as she listens to the nice things everyone says about her grandmother. Mini is even able to smile as Asteria gives her that look. Mini is very happy that Asteria did bathe for this occasion. Asteria hated baths, so the fact that she would come nicely dressed showed how important this was to her.

Although feeling a bit weak from the blow Gram's death had sent her, she stood up to speak. With tears in her eyes, she placed her hands on the lectern to keep her steady.

"Thank you so much, all that have come here today and all who have said nice things about my grandma. She was a really great woman. She loved everyone, and they could tell. That's why Penrith was the wonderful, active town it was. People there had a real connection with Grams and that spurred them to want to be more active in the community."

Taking a deep breath she continues.

"Thank all of you who have spoken to me privately and shared your stories. I have learned about my grandmother things I did not know until today. And thank you to those who spoke to me privately. I have had so many people tell me that they trusted my grandmother above anyone else they knew, and that they trusted those she trusted. She was like a lighthouse for them--shining a light in the darkness, so they would know where they could find safe harbor.

There are some in Penrith that never knew another a mayor. During her 9th and last term as mayor when the council had to replace her midterm due to her illness, we all thought she'd be back. We couldn't imagine anyone else taking her place. I remember getting so many worried letters from players who were worried because Grams wasn't mayor any more. And I can tell them, that though our lighthouse is no longer with us in this world, she has gone to the heavens and is now a bright star shining on us--her light even brighter than it was here on Earth. She is watching us and will take care of us and guide us from far away, as we use her star as a compass in our lives."

Mini lowered her head and murmured, "We love you Grams," and stepped down to return to her seat.

Arckangels
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 11:29

In is room arckangels is finishing is grooming and preparation.....Has he slowly get down the staires and he slowly head to his stable.

lots of memories flow in is head......has he grab is steed he gently rub is ear than he mounted it and start to ride toward the chapel of penrith.Has the steed know his master he started to ride and gallope at full speed but than he is stunt........today his master hold the reines and slow is pace,like if there were no rush.

but has slow has is mount could go: slowly the chapel was appearing in the distance.Every feet that is horse was closing in to the chapel is heart feel heavier and a flow of tears flowing down is face.

Many peoples were already there: arckangels went straight to the casket and kneel in front of it.Is face torn whit emotions and tears having the feeling that jah has rip off a part of his souls away.

Has arckangels gather himself and take back some compulsure he stand up put is hand on the casket and keep silence for a fews minutes than head for a back row bench in the chapel and sit down.

(OOC Smom my sincere condolesces to you and your familly.I will miss your mother a lot.specialy my late night talk at the tavern whit her wen we were not able to sleep. I would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful woman :she was a vivid woman whit a sharp spirit and devotions. She is now at your side every times that you will need her.....has your angel. )

Majestic9468
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 11:42

He dresses up in his full CM uniform as she was a fellow CM soldier. He mounts on his steed and heads to Lady Morgan funeral. He thinks of all the time that she has spent in the tavern just sitting and chatting with the townfolks and visitors helping them when she could. She was his Town Captain and would call on me to help defend Penrith. She knew that she could count on myself and others when it was needed. But one thing that will keep me in my memory is her Happiness and she always made sure that we all had a good time no matter what the situation was. Then he sees the chapel where the funeral is taking place. He slows the steed down and dismounts. He heads into the Chapel sees the coffin heads towards it. He kneels and prays.

Jah, thanks for bringing this woman Lady Morgan into all of our lives. She has affected all of us in ways I can not explain. One thing I do know, that she will be watching over us. She is our Guardian Angel over us all. Amen.

I turn and face Smom then give her a tight hug whispers "Just remember the good things of your Mum" then I turn to Lerendus and give him a handshake "Take care of Smom..you will do good with her" then I see a good friend Oaklassville and sit next to her. I nod at Amarth who was sitting next to her. I give Oak a hug.

(OCC: Smom...I am glad I got to meet this wonderful and jolly woman. She may have fallen many times but she always stood up never letting up. She was a strong woman and happy. I pray for you and your family in this difficult time.)

Fredregar
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 12:41

Fred arrives late as usual and quietly takes a seat with the rest of his family.

My heart is filled with sadness at the loss of my mother but also filled with joy from all my fond memories of her. England will be a sadder place without her to fill our hearts with her friendship and love.

Evan_escence
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 12:48

He entered silently with his sons and daughters Keagon, Keiron, Calwin, Anna, holding Aiyanna's small hand snuggly in his, Brianna holding baby Collen.
They made their way up to the front.
It was Aiya, squeezing Evan's hand who quietly spoke first.
Is this Gramma?
Evan, gently placing his hand upon Aiya's hair
In a way, yes sweetheart......yes
He cast his eyes upon RG, whispered
Hello my good and excellent friend
Evan bowed his head and thought of the many times he has entered Captain Morgan's to be greeted by her luminous smile. Too few. She was always there willing to ease his tension, always there to lean upon for a few moments, always there to share a pint and laugh.
You shall be missed my friend
He silently made his way with his family to a pew in the back, gently reaching out for a moment to quickly give Smom's hand a brief squeeze in passing.

OOC: SMom, I shall keep your family in my thoughts. I will miss your mom.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 4 Cont.

Post  Lerendus Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:33 am

Meira
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 13:22

Meira entered the chapel with her husband Merks, her hands clasped before her. She waited as he paid his respects, then leaned down to kiss her. "Je t'aime, Grams. Je ne t'oublirai jamais," she whispered*, then turned to the lectern.

"When I first arrived in Penrith a year ago, having fled France after the death of my mother, I was lost, confused. So much of life in Penrith was new and different for me, and I worried I would not be able to find a niche for myself. But within a short time, I met Lady Richgrams and others in the Morgan family. Lady Richgrams opened her home to me; she gave me a sense of direction and purpose as first a nanny for Smom's children, and then as steward.

But she did so much more than that. She was a wise and warm-hearted woman who counseled me through troubles of the heart and of politics. She was like a second mother, gently encouraging and admonishing when necessary. There's Lady Richgrams sitting in the corner, going over town hall trades. These are the first words of the Tavern Song I wrote, and it is fitting that they were first, as Lady Richgrams gave so much of herself to the town and its inhabitants that she was more than a beloved friend and mayor, but also an icon in this town. If not for her, my life in Penrith would not be the same. She touched so many lives this way, and I am so grateful to have known her..."

Meira could feel her throat trying to close from the tears she had been trying hard not to shed. She set her jaw and sat beside Merks, then clasped his hand tightly as she felt the baby within her kick. She wished the child would have had the chance to know her.

OOC: My deepest condolences to Smom and the rest of Richgrams's family. Your mother was a wonderful woman, and a listening ear for me when I had troubles that went far beyond RK. She lives on in the hearts of those who knew her all over the world. - Rachel

(*I love you, Grams. I will never forget you.)

Wolfen
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 14:00

Staying in the background with Trey, my only son, away from everyone else. I come to pay my respects to a good woman. One that has looked after others and put them first as far as I can remember. And sending my heartfelt condolances to her family for their loss. I shall stay back here in the shadows tho and watch tho I have come for her.

ooc My condolances to her entire family over their loss and will keep them in my prayers

Lady_sude
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 14:28

Sude steps inside the chapel door and looks around. Feeling a bit out of place, she walks around the side of the church and puts a small bouquet of flowers with all the others there. She looks around for any familiar faces and her eyes find her friend Merks and his wife Meira. However they are on the other side of the church, so she just finds a seat by the flowers.

Sude never got the chance to actually meet Richgrams...but Merks has spoken of her quite extensively. She looks around and listens to whispered condolences to one named Smom...and even hears someone say something to her about her mother. Sude makes mental note to leave a card with one of the Guards to give to Smom, later and sits quietly through the service.

(OOC) My deepest condolences to each of you. Back when the forums were accessable to everyone in all of RK England, I had the pleasure of reading stories in Penrith. Richgrams was amazing. Some people Demand respect. But not her, she Commanded it in her gentle, wise affectionate personality. When the forums changed I was crushed that I could no longer read those stories.

It's amazing how many people Richgrams touched. A friend of mine posted a thread in the Warwick forums several months ago. Sadly he is no longer an active member of RK, but if he were...I don't think he would object to me taking a quote from one of his writings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The thread was titled...Stars, A matter of perspective...written by Bakfyre

Bakfyre chuckled, glancing down at his friend for a moment before turning once more to the sky, "No Masked, they do nae be reflections of campfires...or candles...or any other kind o' fire. They be th’ reflection of all th’ souls o' those whose lives you've made better by yer words, deeds or even jest yer presence. Some o’ them are brighter than others, because, wi’ some, maybe th’ change you made in their life was small, but th’ ones what shine bright and strong...them are the lives ye've touched most deeply."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Richgrams touched many whether she knew it or not...there are many, many "stars" out there that reflect her love and understanding. As I look around in the chapel here...there are several of those stars right in front of you. I wish I had gotten to know her as so many of you have. She will not be forgotten....ever.

Kilgore
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 14:34

He approached the church intent on entering, but stopped unconsciously upon the front stairs, turned and looked up. The brightness of the sunshine and the sliver of the moon following it across the sky helped him to keep the tears at bay. He knew she was free of the hardships of this life, able to move on to something much better. But still the feeling of loss from those she left behind, him included, still threatened to overcome him.

He looked at the glory of this house of Jah, but knew it was not his way. He would forever believe in the old ways. But even those ways knew of those special people who were wise and just. Lady Richgrams fit those as well as anyone could.

He placed a lone eagle’s feather within one of the many bunches of flowers made for the event, his only physical contribution to these ceremonies. But his spirit called out to her a last goodbye as he walked off, letting the tears finally flow, unabated.

Elensar
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 15:32

Ele arrived and took a seat where she was as alone as possible...although this was difficult with so many people surrounding her.

She bowed her head and thought of Grams...how she had taken her in to her home when she first arrived, the help she had given her, the looks of despair as Ele did mischeivious things...Ele's own birthday party in the tavern...

She thought back and tried to remember all the good and happy times there had been.

Corinna
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 16:14

soothing the bairn in her arms... a little restless, not understanding the solemnity of the occassion.. crooning tunelssly under her breath, her hand stroking her back...

looking up at her Beaker... her eyes bright with unshed tears.. the sadness in the room filling her with melancholy.. speaking softly that she does not distub...

I would that I had met this Lady... the number gathered here from far and wide speak well of the esteem she was held in ... my heart aches for her family to have lost one so loved...

leaning her head onto his shoulder... watching Henri for a moment, his stillness a surprise to her, but then he had always been a perceptive child...

John_deacon
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 16:40

I am sadly not gifted with the elloquence or the wisdom to come up with a eulogy that would do justice to RGs contribution to the community.

Her list of achievements as mayor were impressive, but far more noteworthy is the joy she brought to all of those who met her.

We have lost a friend and heaven has gained an angel...

Caissadiplomat
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 16:53

When no one comes forward for a minute, Caissa stands again and comes to the pulpit.

"Words simply cannot express the grief I feel at the loss of my mother. But I do know this, the grief is for my own loss. She is free from pain and safe in God's arms."

The grieving son unrolls a parchment and reads a poem

Parable of immortality

I am standing by the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a peck of white cloud
just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side says :
- 'There she goes!

Gone where?
Gone from my sight - that is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says:
- 'There she goes! ',
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout :
- 'Here she comes!'

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 5

Post  Lerendus Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:36 am

Pierrepaul
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 17:40

Ridding is steed like if hell was in pursue of him Pierrepaul is heading to cumberland.....more precisely penrith chapel is the objectif.

For 2 nights and days he have ride his steed to almost to near death.Has he enter penrith he head to steinhelm castle.But to late the guard told him that is lord has already left for the chapel and he offer pierrepaul a fresh horse after seeing the state of his mount.

He mount the horse and yiet again pushing his mount to is limit he head toward is objectif penrith chapel...

Has he arrived he reconized the lord steed and ties is horse next to is.Refreshing is order uniform and taking off the dust of is long travel he enter the chapel. In the center of the aisle rest a casket and head toward it to pay is respect.Will marching down the aisle he spot his lord he never have seen him in that state.

Pierrepaul bend a knee put his hand on the casket and give a prayer for a lady that he berly know......but that dont count or mather has alls he know is that is lord Arckangels had the outmost respect for that Very special lady. has he finish paying his repects he rise up and head toward his lord and went confort him.

She must have been Very special has it was the first time that pierrepaul have seen is lord in that much despared and alls in the order know that she was the seed that lead to is creation. It Was the first time he ever saw his lord in full uniform of the order to.

OOC : sincere condolesces to the familly Christian aka arckangels has lost a member of his familly last week.... lung cancer and the news of richgrams pass away affects him a lot.

Shriekersmom
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 18:37

The love of her family and friends giving her strength during the service, seeing and hearing how truly loved her mother was. As her brother finished reciting one of the loveliest poems she had heard, she took a deep breath and walked to the front to stand beside her mother once more.

"Our Mum was a truly awesome human being.

She was a magnificent role model for anyone wishing to live life to the fullest.

Mum had an incredible zest for life.

Mum loved to watch dancing and she beautifully danced her way through life, radiant and always projecting happiness and a positive attitude, with a flamboyance and style few possess.

Our mother could be very serious when necessary; however she was mostly light and funny.

She was fearless and she made us very proud to be her children.

She was the greatest and wisest parent I have ever known. Most wish they don't end up like their parents when they grow up, but I was happy to be told I was just like her, it meant I was doing something right.

She was both a stern taskmaster and a gentle heart. When she scolded or corrected you, you still felt the love behind her words.

One of my mum’s greatest passions, as you all know, was her sincere dedication to Penrith and the people who lived there.

She was the “heavy”, the enforcer, the bouncer AND she was the “warm hearth”, the “safe-haven” in the storm, the "wise counselor" with kindness and understanding.

Mum was an outstanding teacher of life and living. She taught by her example, serving as an unforgettable role model for the hardest job in the world – parenting.

She treated each of her children very differently – not as one homogeneous same model – “one pattern fits all”.

Mum clearly understood our individual uniqueness, talents and needs.

She nurtured us and gave us our freedom to grow in the directions and careers that we chose – when we were off on our own, she adopted the town of Penrith, showing them the love and warmth we had when growing up.

She encouraged all of us to always do our best, work hard, and enjoy life with a positive attitude, care, and kindness toward others.

Her’s was a wonderful and exciting life and she left the world a much better place because of her time and energy spent here.

I would like to think she did change her little corner of the world and made it a kinder and gentler place, one only needs to visit Penrith to feel her presence.

And I must not forget, Mum especially loved all of her wonderful grandchildren and great-grandchildren. They and their achievements brought her great joy and satisfaction.

Thanks Mum –
from your loving children and all who have benefited from your kindness.

Thank you all in attendance for being so nice to my mother and bringing her so much joy in life."

Returning to her seat she squeezes Lers hand as he stands to give Mother's Eulogy. Holding the twins close to her as she looks around at her other children wishing for once she was an octopus and could hold them all at once. Her eyes stopping on little Mika Marie and Henry James, realizing this is what life was. We are born ...we live ...and we die, and if really lucky we make an impact on the world we leave behind.... Mum made one hell of a crater and would never be gone as long as she was remembered.

Lerendus
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 20:03

Lerendus took Smom’s hand as she returned to her seat and gave it a soft squeeze, a sign of comfort. He slowly rises, knowing it is time for him to give the eulogy. He had been dreading it to be honest. Had never been good at speaking in front of crowds. He hated the attention. It made him terribly nervous, but once the words began to flow, the nervousness seemed to fade away. He took a deep breath. He wasn’t doing this for himself, or for anyone else. It was for Richgrams. To let her know just how much she meant to everyone. He made his way up to the pulpit, slowly, as if a great weight was holding him back, and unrolled a piece of parchment. He looked out over the congregation. Eyes fixated upon him. Felt them burning holes through him. He looked down at the words he had written, and began to read.

We come today to this solemn place of beauty and solitude to bid farewell and safe journey to a woman who has touched so many lives. A woman, whose hard work and selfless dedication to others has made the lives of so many here so much richer.

Richgrams Morgan was the kind of woman who could find comfort in any situation, whether it be behind a mayor’s desk toiling over the day’s tally of wood, or holding the hand of a small boy still learning the lessons of life; from sitting in her tavern chatting with locals and travelers alike, to planning intricate supply deals with the county trade minister. All the while her inner beauty and grace glowed from the smile she always had to share. No matter your position or status in life, she treated all with equal kindness and respect. Richgrams was, in every sense of the word, a lady. She never shrank from responsibility or ran from a task many thought too difficult. Eight times she donned the mantle of leadership in the town of Penrith, and guided the town and its people through some of the most trying times in England’s history. She was a mother, a provider, a protector, a leader, and a guardian. Yet the greatest of all, she a friend to any who chose to live the life of honor and truth that she herself exemplified in all her actions.

Preceded in death by her husband Richard, and her sons Tobias and Gene, and grandson Siterath, we stand today with her surviving family; her children Shriekersmom, Caissadiplomat, Fredregar, Allikath, Fia, Emmeline, and stepdaughter Sonnie; her grandchildren Solumn, Illynya, Rohnan, Gillianna, Kieran, Dawntherese, Franka, Asteria, Korrigan, Minipheonix, Hannah, and Lelafirebird; and her great grandchildren Mika Marie, Robert Frankle, Henry James, Gwen, and Daniel. On this day of departing we hold them all dear to us, bidding a final, fond farewell to her, who meant so much to all of us.

Richgrams Morgan, Baroness of Aldinham, we bid thee Jah’s speed and safe journey to your next kingdom until we all meet again under Jah’s grace and mercy.

He slowly rolled the parchment back up and rejoined Smom at her side. Realized that his face was wet. He had been crying. Had wanted so much for the chance to call her mom when he had married Smom, now he’ll never have the chance. He wiped his face quickly. Not supposed to cry. Need to be the pillar for Smom to lean on. He took a deep breath and reached for Smom’s hand, more to find his own strength, than to comfort her.

Yukishiro
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 20:29

Yuki had slipped into the service quietly and took a seat in the back.. listening to RG's family speak. Though she had only met Richgrams a few times, the woman, and her great warmth, had left a deep impression on Yuki.

In her arms she carried Marcus... he too had enjoyed the company of RG, being watched by her when they'd stayed in Penrith.

It was truly a sad day, that such a wonderful woman had left the world. It was a testament to her legacy that so many had come today from so many places.

Narvia
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 20:36

Narvia had been dreading this moment all day. She did not want to believe that Grams was gone. Coming to the Chapel made it real. She had only met Grams a short time ago but she had made Narvia feel welcomed and gave her a much needed sense of direction. She could feel the tears welling in her eyes as she walked up the aisle to say her farewells. “Goodbye my friend. I’m so glad I got the opportunity to know you.”

Rothar
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 22:31

Rothar remembers fondly Richgrams, as Roth made his way through Penrith past the army regiment, he will always remember the great kindness was shown to him by Richgrams.

Roth listens as Lerendus, and Smom's give their Eulogy and with a tear in his eye sat down on the church pew. Aye she's a wonderful lass she will be missed by us all. Crying or Very sad

Rosanna
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 22:34

Rosanna sat in the chapel and let the tears run down her cheeks. There was no point in trying to wipe them away. MiLady Richgrams had taken her into her family from the first time she stepped into the tavern. She loved the older lady as she had never loved any other in her life.

She cuddled Andrew close to her and remebered how grams had also taken him into her life. Everyone in Penrith had held her in the greatest respect and in turn she treated everyone with love. She looked around at the many people who were here to celebrate Richgrams life and to give thanks for the part Jah had allowed them to play in it.

As she thought of her friend she started to remember some of the antics she got up to. She had been so much fun in the tavern and always enjoyed watching the younger people having fun. Rosanna smiled as she remembered how grams had fought off the enemy single handed and saved Penrith. How she had always been ready to help and advise anyone who needed it. How she was truely the grandmom of Penrith.

Lady Richgrams was Penrith and in her honor we will do our best to keep the town she had worked so hard for continue to prosper.

Rosanna sat tall and held her head high as she knew grams would have wanted.

(ooc To Smom and family. Grams as we knew her and loved her was a wonderful person. Though she has been taken from you she will always be a part of your lives. She lives on in her children and their children. I feel deeply for you all at this difficult time and hope you find some comfort in knowing how she has touched the hearts of so many. Though I never met her IRL I grew to love her and feel her loss deeply. She was always there for me as a friend and mentor. Rest in Peace Grams. )

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 5 Cont.

Post  Lerendus Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Emmeline
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 01:39

She hadn't belived it. Not when she got the letters or even when she went to get her old black dress redyed. Even throughout her long trip here she had held tightly onto her denial. Her eyes dry from tears until they saw the proof of this for themselves, though a voice in her head took the time to point out that no one would be so cruel as to joke about this.
Her legs had been numb for the last day of riding but she hardly paid any notice. Here old though was to get to her mother. And it had paid off.
Jumping down from her borroed hourse Emmeline wasted no time in tying him up before she stumbled into the alreadt packed chapel.

"Its true" she whispered as she shuffled through the doors, grasping at her throat Emmeline faught to keep her cries down. Her before overwhelming sence of denial had gone to be replaced with anger and sorrow, to emotion she had never felt together before. As she moved further into the small room Emmeline took in her familiy, she wanted so much to go and sit with them but something stopped her. I twist in her stomach held her in place. Shame.

Shame for not knowing just how ill their mother really was. Shame for not being there. Shame Shame Shame

--Booza
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 03:22 Post subject: Winds of time

The wind howls across the waters.....

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Castlesunrise1

a small breeze seperates itself and flitters through forgotten pathways and amongst darkened trees stirring the resting, gathered fog...

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Darkforest

From out of the trees a rider emerges and spurs his beast towards their final destination....

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams The_Dark_Rider_by_Amritsar

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Nation20Moonsea20-20rider

Lightning crackles around him as if the Gods were angry at his being there, but he paid it no heed. Out of respect, the man dismounted and walked the last mile through the deserted streets to where the memorial was taking place....

As the first heavy drops of rain started to fall, the man reached the doors and pushed them open to enter the chamber...

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Retribution_by_Perel

Looking around at the gathered, his eyes scanned the room to seek out those he had not seen in far too long....

Approaching the gathered, he pulled back his hood to reveal a long lost friend. He gave a brief nod to most as he passed but it was his old friend Smom whom he saught first and foremost.

He saw her moistened eyes widen at his sudden appearance, and he stood there a moment to let the shock lessen. He tried to speak, tried to tell her he was sorry for the loss of such a beautiful soul and that even he had heard about the sorrowful moment and had come as fast as he possibly could.....But no words could come, his throat had a lump that would let no words escape, lest they be followed by tears. Instead he moved closer and with a small nod of respect for the man seated next to her, embraced his old and dear friend.

Finally after a few moments had passed, he was able to mutter only two little words....

I'm Sorry"

(OOC I come here to pay homage to Richgrams and show respect to those that loved her. I remember her fondly and am saddened by the loss. My heart goes out to her family and I am here with you all still in spirit.
Good times, Good friends. CHEERS!)

Booza

Kjolmar
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 06:32

Kjolmar had blended in with the shadows perfectly and was hardly noticed at all. He didn't have the desire to communicate with anyone at this point, but the funeral of a great woman was something he could not miss. So he mourned her in his own way, alone, in the shadows. Why did Jah have to take so many of his angels back?

0whisper0
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 11:23

Whisper arrives late at the funeral, but speaks to no one.

OOC: I dont feel confortable RP my goodbyes to Richgrams. I can nonly say that she was a fansatic person who allways hoped for the best in others, and was there for me when ever I needed a friend. Thank you, and you leave a gap in all our hearts.

Arial123
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 11:40

Arial doesn't stand up to tell the crowd how great Gram's was and how she will be missed. Arial had done this already when she entered. No one else needs to hear her words but Gram's spirit and Jah.

Arial listens as others step up and say their say. She notices many familiar people, many that she has missed, but she doesn't want them to see her hear. She tries to blend in with the back ground the best she can.

Rosalynn
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 12:15

Holding tightly to Solumn's arm as they first go to his mom to express their condolences, Rosalynn adds to hers with, "I wish I'd gotten to know her better. She'll be sincerely missed." Saddened to an extreme, they take their seats in the family pews. Listening to the many speeches about her, Rosalynn wishes even more that she'd gotten to know Grams better.

Fabrizio
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 12:55

As Dawn returned to her seat, Fabrizio hold her hand and winked her a smile. It was a simple gesture, but full of compassion.

Sitting in the bench with their daugther on his knees, he could not not remember the good lady that Grams was and how lucky him, his close family and all others were to have meet her.

Blainwolfe
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 14:17

BW sneaks in the back of the church and shudders since she hasn't been in one for so long... but for RG, she will do this. It was a long journey back from the south in order to be at the funeral, but she made it even if she was a bit late. Taking a seat at the back of the church she remembered all the fun times in Penrith's taverns they had shared and how much of a treat it was to work with RG as a fellow mayor. Sitting back she listened to the beautiful service.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 6

Post  Lerendus Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:51 am

Hagman
Posted: 22 Mar 2009

Entering the chapel quietly, he makes his way forward, and lays a single white lily upon the casket. He then approaches Smom, his own tears running unheeded down into his beard, and lays a comforting hand briefly upon her shoulder, before finding a place at the rear of the chapel.
As he takes his seat, he murmurs"Take thy rest, thou good and faithful servant. And may flights of angels sing thee Home."

Gwenavhyeur
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 17:09

Gwen sits listening to the eulogy and the many words people are sharing of Grams. She squeezes Mini's hand once before standing and heading forward. She lays a single white flower upon the casket, then turns and walks from the chapel, her eyes turned towards the pale blue heavens as she steps outside.

Sonnie
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 20:02

Unrolling the quality parchment paper in Sonnie's hand, she reads the poem quietly to herself one last time before placing it on the casket along with some large white Easter Lilies....

When I must leave you

When I must leave you
for a little while.
Please do not grieve
and shed wild tears,
and hug your sorrow
to you through the years.
But start out bravely
with a gallant smile;
And for my sake and in my name
live on and do all things the same.
Feed not your loneliness
on empty days,
but fill each waking hour in
useful ways,
reach out your hand
in comfort and in cheer
and I in turn will comfort you
and hold you near;
And never, never be afraid to die,
for I am waiting
for you in the sky.

--Helen Steiner Rice

A heavyhearted and exhausted Sonnie, sheds tears of sadness for the loss of her mother. Recalling her last visit with her mum in The Cap'n, tears suddenly cascade down her cheeks, once again.

OOC/ Richgrams, you are missed greatly and will always be loved and remembered. May God comfort and protect you always and forever-- Amen.

Kaylen
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 21:49

When she was sure that the twins where fine Kaylen silently moved away from the family. She was doing her best not to cry, but the familiar ache in her throat told her that she would cry this day.

She found herself in a corner, alone, as people stood and spoke, she closed her eyes as tears slowly ran down her cheeks. Tears for the loss of a wonderful woman, tears for her dear Friend Smom, tears for the twins, and other children and grandchildren left behind.

Emrys_ambrose
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 22:06

Emrys lingered under the arches of the doorway for a few moments as he listened to the words about Grams. He saw Kaylen standing alone in one corner and decided to approach her. When he was close enough, he reached out for her hand and gently squeezed it in his. He hoped that even without saying anything, they could take comfort in each other. He regretted not staying in Penrith long enough to know the woman who shared her life and love with everyone she met.

Kaylen
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 22:21

She didn't open her eyes as she felt Emrys beside her, but as she felt his hand slip into her's she squeezed back. Relieved to have someone there that she could lean on if she needed to. But for now, his presence was enough to give her a small comfort in this time of sadness.

Jarlath
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 01:25

ooc:
I'm too tired to RP anything atm. But my thoughts are with you all the same. I met her a few times on my old char, and I haven't forgotten her. She was nice to me, along with everyone else I knew who met her. She was great in a game, and probably better IRL. I know we'll all miss her... Crying or Very sad

Pandora1126
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 01:40

Pandora stood outside the chapel, afraid to go in. Her eyes were red from crying. She wanted to tell everyone how much Grams meant to her, but more than that she wanted to tell Grams herself and it was too late. She remembered the good times talking in the tavern, the good advise given, but more importantly the laughter.
Gathering her courage, Pandora walked into the chapel. She was pleased to see all the friends that had come from far and near to pay respects to this great lady. She stood quietly listening to others reading poems or just speaking about Grams, and their memories of her. She felt the tears coming again, and tried to focus on the life lived instead of the life lost.
Pandora remembered the kind note from Grams. Pandora had been ill and not been into the tavern for a while, and Grams had written a small note asking if all was well. Pandora also remembered seeing Grams in the town, working hard to make Penrith the best it could be. She always had a smile and a few minutes to talk, before rushing off to deal with some town function or to play with her grandchildren.
A smile began to cross Pandora's face as these thoughts continued. She realized that Grams is not really lost to us as long as there are people to remember her. Grams legacy would be her family, and the good works done for the town. The people of Penrith could thank Jah that Grams had graced their lives. Though the citizens were grieving, they could take comfort that an new angel will be watching over them and protecting them.
Pandora walked to the front of the chapel with a rose in her hand. She said her silent good byes to a dear friend, gently kissed the rose and laid it next to Grams.
Turning away, Pandora dried her tears, and slowly walked out of the chapel, and headed for home.

Cruzincat
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 01:47

Arriving at the funeral, Lady Cat walks up the isle to the front of the chapel where the casket was placed. She lays a bouquet of white baby roses on her casket.

Richgrams had always been gracious and friendly and it was a very sad day indeed that she was gone from us.

My heart goes out to her family (both RK and RL).

Quietly she takes a seat and bows her head saying a silent prayer for her.

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams WhiteRosebuds2

Leia
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 06:20

Ooc : I first saw the topic here in The Glen and I asked about the Lady. I think it takes a great courage to live everyday like she did, and from the way everyone her calls her Grams, I am sure she is well liked and is fondly remembered.

The world has lost a player and a friend. May your spirit find rest in a better place.

~Leia

Leia leaves behind a single white rose, and a short prayer.

Fia
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 15:45

Seeing all the folk that had turned out to honour her mother, Fia felt a kind of solace spread through her. Even though she never had the chance to find the closeness to her mother once more, many others had felt her warmth and it was returned. Kindness given, kindness returned. The tenet she had lived her life by must have stemmed from her childhood and must be a part of her mother that she had carried with her all the time.

Tears began to stream over her face once more, leaving bright streaks in her travel stained face. Thank you, mother, she thought feeling a little less horrible.
Out of an impulse Fia finally got up and made her way over to her family. She walked up to Smom and looked into her face for a few heartbeats before hugging her tightly. "I am so sorry that I was not there. More than I can ever say." She let her go and stood to the side, looking at all the people that had turned out to honour her mother. It warmed her heart.

Kieran88
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 16:55

Kierans mind was else where on his way to the chapel, heart aching and everything just seeming so dull, things were very different already, grams had helped him so so much in his life, tought him the basics and everything else with it. She was always happy, always enthueastic, always willing, loving, friendly, warm welcoming
, helpful, hardworking and so much more, which is why kieran respects and is gonna grams, his grandmother, so much, so very much.....

At the chapel he got off his horse and dawdled inside, he looked around and saw many familiar faces, some with the heads down, some comforting others and some at the end of the hall, Kieran slowly walked through head down, and trying to embrace himself as he got nearer to where grams laid, most was silent except sniffling and sobbing, as he reached the end he reached into his bag and pulled out a flower and placed it on the casket, with his hand still on the flower and the casket, kieran let out a little tear as he stood there for a moment, he said a short prayer, and stood there a few more minutes, he felt something in and around his body, he let out a very small smile and wiped the tears from his cheek before looking up, he knew she would be around forever guiding him, he felt her.

He looked around and saw smom,not saying anything he walked over and stood next to her, taking one of her hands in one of his he stands still, head down, tears running down his cheeks.

Oariana
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 07:04

Oariana came in quietly and sat in the back, she was there to pay her respects to those that she had come to care for, in their time of grief. She wished from all the reports of Lady Richgrams that she had had the opportunity to know her too. But felt that she did a little now, as they had reminisced with her, about her.

Closing her eyes and bowing her head, she prayed for them all in their time of pain, may it be eased by knowing such a great lady.

Desmond_shears
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 09:58

OOC:

I never knew Lady Richgrams but know her daughter through a previous char.

I send my most heartfelt condolences.

Gabrielle
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 10:48

Having noted many of the close friends and family had paid their respects, Gabby arose from her seat upon the pew. In her hand she had the bouquet of lily of the valley and a small folded and sealed note. Arriving at the coffin the heady scent of many flowers left in love and respect for the woman that had personified kindness and acceptance, Gabby paused. She added her small bouquet tied with silvery blue ribbons of satin.
Bowing her head she incanted a short prayer for the soul of Richgrams to speed to the loving arms of Jah, then turned to face Smom. She said not a word to her, her expressive grey eyes said everything. She took Smom's hand in her own and firmly grasped it, pressing to her palm the note. With a deep nod of her head and comforting smile Gabby released her hand and leaning heavily upon her cane walked away.
She stopped at Kaylen and looking at her, again said nothing, simply gave a sympathetic smile and reached up to caress her cheek and brush away a tendril of loose hair.
Gabby continued on back to her seat and sat again, her lips moving slowly as the garnet beads and gold tokens of the rosary slipped through her fingers one by one.

(The note when read at Smom's convenience, reads:)
Dear Lady Smom,
My deepest condolences at the loss of your mother. Truly she was beloved and shall be missed. People such as Richgrams are rare and worthy of rememberance for time immemorial.
At Nottingham a Priory for the Order of St Loyats is being built by my husband and I. With your permission, seeing that the Lady Richgrams was a miller, it would be an honour to name and have a plaque upon the mill house of the Priory. The Lady Richgrams Morgan Mill.
With Sincere Sympathy,
Lady Nottingham
Gabrielle Hamilton de Grey

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Page 7

Post  Lerendus Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:03 am

Caissadiplomat
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 12:12

Seeing that everyone who wishes to had come forward to speak, Caissa moves once more to the pulpit and offers the benediction.

"May the grace of Jah, the love of Christos, and the wisdom of Aristotle guide you all. Amen."

Anyone who wishes to may continue to offer your best wishes to the family prior to their departure from the church.

Desideratist
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 15:08

Desi arrives late, muttering apologies, and sits down. She has a bouquet of flowers, bright, beautiful ones, to celebrate a bright, beautiful life.

/ooc Sorry I'm late. Some of you may know that I am away because of a RL bereavement of my own. Close family are so hard to lose, and the thought that Grams' family are going through the same as mine at the moment is bringing fresh tears to my eyes for my own loss. I wanted to be here for that, and that I shall always treasure the fun I had with Grams in the taverns in Penrith, and I'm glad I moved there soon enough to have known her. The fact that she was mayoress for quite so long shows how much we will miss her, even though we didn't "know" her. I will be back myself before too long, but I haven't the time or the mental stamina for RK at the moment. But I will be back.

Closetotheflame
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 17:32

OOC: Sorry, I'm late too, I didn't know until yesterday. Grams was a wonderful person, and we're all going to miss her. I, too, am glad I got a chance to know her. My heart goes out to all her family. My deepest condolences.

IC:
Walking solemnly into the church shortly after Kieran, emptiness filled Close. Grams had been a wonderful person, good friend and mayor to the people of Penrith. She would be greatly missed. Close watched Kieran enter the church. She couldn't imagine how he felt, losing someone so close to him. Tears sprung to her eyes, but she swallowed them down. Following him over to Smom, she bowed her head slightly in respect.

Collen
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 22:07

Teeth clinched against the pain felt since the news reached him, Collen stands tall by Lydia’s side until he nears
the precious lady whose kindness touches so many still. Coll kneels a moment when Lydia leads him to the casket.

Stooping to lay a bouquet of flowers on a dear woman’s resting place, a bloody man whispers,
“good night for now…you showed kindness where there was none. God bless…”

(music for a sleeping angel)
[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Rosecross

I offer my most sincere thanks for the kindness of this unique lady. Heaven’s richer now.

Ldymorningstern
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 22:20

She had done her crying and will do her mourning in private.
The walk up the center aisle seems endless.

Upon reaching the open casket, Coll kneels and places the flowers; she curtsies.
They stand silently respectful for moments; praying.
Finally, she steps forward, one hand on the edge of the open casket now, an audible gasp escapes her throat at the sight of the still form.
She speaks in low tone, choked up whispers:
You were the only one who...
Composure!
...you reached right in and touched my heart with your kindness. You took me for who I truly am...you didn't judge me.
Sobs cut her short.
Among the toils you were an amazing light to me. I could never thank you enough.
A hand now goes to the woman's gently folded ones just as a last solacement...to herself perhaps.
All is well. You're perfect now.

(move the mouse over the pic and click)
[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Rgfuneraldovesinsky1-2

What to do next? She whispers, her voice raspy and strained.
A hand reaches to find Coll's arm and her eyes seek his; a million questions in her head, tears in her heart.

She has no answers at this point, except for getting the feeling that Grief is for the living and she must try to do it healthily.

OOC My sincere Condolences to the Family.
Thank you for letting us post our last respects.

Collen
Posted: 24 Mar 2009 22:20

As Collen stands beside Lydia, he feels her light touch and knows silent tears must be wracking her heart.
All her questions are reflected in his own eyes.
The Lord takes his beloved arm in arm to lead their return down the aisle, toward the exit where their carriage awaits.

He has no more words, truly…maybe he whispers a thank you as they depart.

Back to top Go down

[RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams Empty Re: [RK Archives] Funeral for Lady Richgrams

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum