Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheriff's Guide for Caissa

2 posters

Go down

Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Empty Sheriff's Guide for Caissa

Post  Rosalynn Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:36 pm

This is a bit old, but after being sheriff in Ireland this last term, not much is different. I hope this helps. *S*

Sheriff's Office

The Sheriff is responsible for:
1. Getting the following numbers before reset:

1. Animals the county can provide
  2. Treasury amount**
  3. Mine numbers (Just in case the MS wasn't able to get them)

** On Saturdays, treasury amount needs to be checked right after reset is finished, 20 minutes later when mine wages are removed, and 10 minutes (approx) after that for when the Constables wages have been taken out. So 4 sets of numbers should be attained.

2. Providing animals as needed by the ranchers.
3. Issuing the cash portion of grants. Be as detailed as possible as to the purpose for the grant and how it is to be used.
4. Working closely with the Trade Minister.
5. Filing daily Animal Status reports and Financial Status reports in the Reports forum.
6. Filing a weekly adjustment report.

I'll explain more in detail the contents of the daily and weekly reports at the end of the guide.

Step 1. Location of your office as Sheriff.
Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Duchy
Inside the Castle, at the bottom of the menu are 2 links pertaining to your office.

The first is Management of the Mines. Sheriff's Guide for Caissa MineMgmt
When clicked on, the following screen appears: Sheriff's Guide for Caissa MM-screen At reset, the buttons disappear leaving only the mine information and numbers. Once reset has finished, the numbers are set back to 0/40 and 0/75.

The second is your office, Sheriff Office: Sheriff's Guide for Caissa SheriffOffice

Clicking on the 'Sheriff Office' link brings up this screen: Sheriff's Guide for Caissa SOlinks with 5 links.

1. Financial data - At the top of the Financial data screen is the Treasury total. In the sections below that, the only portion of them that seems to be coded to update currently is the one for Mine wages.
    Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Link1-financial

2. Financial management of the mines and quarries - This screen is for changing the wages paid at the mines.
    Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Link2-mines

3. Management of animals - At the top of this screen are the totals of the 3 animals available currently to be purchased by the ranchers. Lower down are the panels for breeding animals. Use wheat for cows and sheep and corn for pigs.
    Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Link3-animals

4. Grant management - This link has the most screenshots as at first, it tends to be confusing when not ever having written a grant before.

1. first thing you'll see is this: Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Link4-grantmgmt
      A list of Pending grants and below it, grants issued previously.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the previous grants, Click on the link that says 'Create a new grant'
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 1
    3. The screen to write the grant appears.Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 2
    4. Fill in the amount of cash to go into the grant. Round up to the closest pound, pence aren't allowed. Then in the space below, list the purpose the grant is being issued for, who it is to be issued to, what items may need to be included (most times, items are needed to be sold from the grant to move the money out of it to the intended recipient) and, in case the recipient has not worked with a grant before, instructions as to how much the inventory items are to be sold and bought back for.
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 3
    5. This is a grant that was issued by the Sheriff in the amount of 18p. The Trade Minister then placed 2 wood bushels as mentioned in the instructions, into the grant and then assigned the grant to Cecilywolfe. It now shows up in the 'Pending Grants' list.
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 4
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 5

Until a grant is assigned to an individual, either the Sheriff or the Trade Minister can cancel it. Once it is assigned, only the recipient can cancel the grant. Don't panic if you make a mistake, it happens and we are human also. To cancel a grant:

1. Go to the list of Pending and Previous grants and scroll to the very bottom. The newest issued grants appear there. Click on the 'Check' link.
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 2cancel-1
    2. Scroll down til you see the Cancel button, click on it and it is done.
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 2cancel-2

To Assign a Grant: Occasionally inventory is not needed. In these instances, the Sheriff can issue the grant themselves unless it is to be for them. To prevent arousing questions later on about unscrupulous practices, , if the grant is for the Sheriff, have the Trade Minister assign the grant.

1. Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 2cancel-1
    2. Type in the name the grant is going to and click on 'Grant'
      Sheriff's Guide for Caissa 6

5. Management of military expenses - This screen is where the monetary amount may be changed in the funds sent to the Sargent to disperse to the Constable each week to pay the Chief Marshalls.
    Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Link5-military-mgmt

Report Information to follow.

Aug 1, 2007

Mine 1 : Iron mine - Node 644 - Status : Good
Output : 1.52 iron ounces/worker
Workers : 27/40 - Maintenance done

Mine 2 : Gold mine - Node 647 - Status : Good
Output : 50.4 pounds/worker
Workers : 35/75 - Maintenance done

Animal status report
39 cows, 4 sheep and 5 pigs. +2 sheep
Animal worth: 2020 2.

August 1st, 2007
39 cows -0
4 sheep +2
5 pigs -2

The Palatine of Chester made 120p on the sale of livestock for August 1st.

Animal Status Report[/list]
[*]Information needed for this: Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Link3-animals
I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of how many are sold, profit and remaining worth of the animals on-hand (needed for the Financial status report).
[*]The Sheriff and Trade Minister's reports are dated for the day 'after' reset, the MS' are dated for the day before since the numbers pertain to the # of miners who worked in the mine the previous day. (i.e. Sheriff and TM's dated for August 1st, MS report dated for July 31st.)[/list]

Financial Status report: Attained after TM posts their report.

County treasury:
Before reset: 24,214,17
After reset: 25,477,17 1.

County Inventory:
3 fish X 18 = 54
7 wheat bags x 13 = 91
232 wood bushels x 3,80 = 881.60
1 small ladder = 25
1 axe = 140
165 iron ore ounces x 19.50 = 3217.50
563 tons of stone X 13.50 = 7600.50
Total: 12009.60 3.

Grants in use:
Grant confié à Bloodstone - 2 boats /1 oar 251
Grant confié à Degas - 20 fishes (19.50) / 1 wheat bag 13,30 /4 half-hundredweights of pig (15.25) / 4 vegetables (10.50)/10 iron ore ounces (19.50) for Beeston
390 + 13.30 + 61 + 42 + 195 = 701.30
Total outstanding grants: 952.30 4.

August 1, 2007

Current Treasury Balance:....................25477,17 1.
Current Animal Value:............................2020.00 2.
Current Inventory Value:.....................12009.60 3.
Current Outstanding Grants:.....................952.30 4.

Total Value of the Palatine of Chester: 40459.07 Total of 1-4 = Total Value

Sheriff's Guide Directory

• Sheriff's Guide
  • Animal and Financial Reports
  • Weekly Adjustment report
  • Price List

The following were for England over a year ago so may not match with the current trends in Ireland.
  • boats = 110,00
  • corn = ?
  • fish = 18,00
  • fruit = 11,00
  • iron = 19,50
  • ladder, small = 25,00
  • ladder, large = 85,00
  • oars = 20,00
  • stone = 13,50
  • veggies = 11,00
  • wheat = 13,30
  • wood = 3,80

Rosalynn

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Sheriff's Guide for Caissa Empty Re: Sheriff's Guide for Caissa

Post  Caissa Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:20 pm

thanks a bunch! Very Happy

Caissa

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosalynn Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:42 pm

You're welcome *S* However, letting the number of animals drop so drastically is shooting yourself in the foot imo. I kept them at 200 each for good reason. Not so much cows and sheep, but on pigs, they tend to go rapidly. AC has wheat for 12p and it's beyond my understanding as to why the mayor and the TM aren't snapping it up. Animal purchases run in cycles which is why I kept it so high. Best bet isd to breed cows and sheep with wheat, pigs with corn so the county makes at least a little profit and it doesn't run out.

Rosalynn

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Caissa Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:09 pm

ok, thanks for the advice. as soon as the tm gets online and unlocks the fodder, i'll build it back up. Quincy is working with the mayors to get in the cheap fodder but there may be a communication problem somewhere.

Caissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Caissa Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:53 am

everything is now working as it should.

Funny thing, but it turns out all your sheriff advice was exactly correct. Thanks!

Caissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum